TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Efteling Discussion Thread

^I think they could get away with replacing Python with a smaller B&M, like the one at Tivoli Gardens, without too many problems. Kind of like how they've replaced Pegasus with the GCIIs.

But, yeah, a high end new dark ride is a much better idea. Efteling is one of the few non-Disney/Universal parks that can do a really good dark ride.

Wow, that is some serious cash for a dark ride....

I may be a little off but with the current exchange rate it would cost 52.7 Million in the US. WOW....

Which is still a fairly small budget in comparison to the dark rides that Disney and Universal do. Even crappy Winnie The Pooh at Disneyland was $30 million.

I had really hoped the Efteling would build a new steel coaster for once. I would invite the board of the Efteling to go IOA and BGT/W and take the seminar "How to theme a B&M"

Do you really think a B&M is better for the patrons of Efteling than a well done dark ride? I think it would look very out of place, no matter how well it is themed.

Yes I do. If the Efteling adds a darkride, people will see it exactly the same as the other darkrides they already have. Adding some thrill would attract people looking for thrill. Adding a darkride only attracts families (and enthousiast) who are going to show up anyways.

Yes I do. If the Efteling adds a darkride, people will see it exactly the same as the other darkrides they already have. Adding some thrill would attract people looking for thrill. Adding a darkride only attracts families (and enthousiast) who are going to show up anyways.

You think adding one thrill ride will attract thrill seekers? Or will thrill seeker want another big coaster built in 2014 and then another in 2016 and then another in 2018 to keep coming back? If there's one thing everyone should realize about this hobby it is that thrill seekers are never satisfied and always want more.

Adding a B&M will attract thrill seekers one time to the park, a dark ride that is consistent with all the other rides already at the park keeps the current clientele (families who spend more money) happy and returning. Thrill seekers are more likely to be day trippers, while family are more likely to stay at the hotel creating even more revenue for Eftleing outside of just the admission price.

The park is a family park since almost 60 years. It's normal to build some thrill rides but the park is well known with it's dark rides and not there coasters. The theming, scenery and memory's that stay's within the Dutch people can not be blown away with just a simple coaster. They already are building 2 coasters now so why build another one within 2 years ? Thats stupid. Since i'm a dad myself i got more and more against thrill rides in a park like this. You can't describe the feeling of seeing your young daughter sitting in a ride like the Droomvlucht / Carnaval festival and watching the puppets. Believe me, that group is a larger visiting group then the thrill seekers. The park will never be like walibi or something near that. Sure, one day they will replace the Pyton but that is still some years away. Till then, i'm happy with a nice dark ride since these aren't build that much anymore.

Edit: Larrygator get's the whole point When your younger you just hoping more on thrill but these don't fill there new vacation area called Bosrijk. In a few years these younger one's will understand how it works

Edited by turbolaaf

^^That's not even close to the most expensive dark ride ever built. Ever heard of Spiderman or Tokyo Pooh?

Then again, the Efteling isn't sponsored or back-up by some large multi-media company. The Efteling is a product on it's own, and they have proven to build extreml;y good rides with low cash. Also, A big amount of money doesn't guarantee a good ride. The Efteling has some of the best designers on earth(or had...) and I'm sure they can pull of a ride like no other.

Lookin' pretty frickin sweet. Gotta love twisties

However, are those anti-rollbacks (or what will be anti-rollbacks)? Seems kinda weird that they'd start them on a bank over what looks like a small hill.

This is looking to be a lot better than just the family coaster I was expecting, and I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing so far. The theming looks like it will be really impressive, and if the dragon does end up being animatronic like it looks, then that will be even better. One thing I like about the ride itself is that while being family friendly in terms of height and length, it seems to have a layout suitable for a thrill ride. This definitely looks like a great ride that will be a big hit among all guests to Efteling.