TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Wow! I am so glad to see more old observation towers getting the "Scream"-makeover. Surely 146 meters is not the entire drop. Maybe something ranging from 90-100 meters is more feasible considering that the top speed will be 110 km/h.

BTW, why is Intamin changing their restraints on their drop towers as well? Duh, these restraints look like those used on ZacSpins...

^^ It's just a CGI interpretation of the ride, the real one will most likely have the standard seats found on all the other drop rides in existence, changing them to the ones found on their new coasters would probably ruin the capacity somewhat since the overall seat will be wider. But then again I may be wrong, I think we just have to wait and see what we end up with, I would be fine with either on this kind of ride.

Great find of the Promo video, I completely missed it.

Ohhh, TERRIFIC NEWS! How I miss Liseberg... Next year hopefully I will be there again...

The drop tower design looks awesome and carrying Intamin`s signature it will for sure be a blast!

Cheers from Rio!

For those who dont know...the stats translate into:

116 meters = 380 feet

90 meters = 295 feet

Thank you for that, I forgot to translate it myself!

This ride looks epic, it may be from the pictures and the promo video but an Intamin Drop ride free-falling into a basement has got to be really cool; especially the fact its a gyro-drop.

see the commercial.

can someone tell my why i cant put youtube videos here? it doesnt work.

works perfect for me... just leave the "&feature=player_embedded" part away from the url....

That is not a necessary part of the youtube URL

Edited by Hhappy

Now THAT is how you sell a drop tower! GREAT commersh!

Suddenly makes me wish there was a website/YouTube channel/whatever that catalogued really killer thrill ride TV ads... I remember an oldie that pimped out the Big, Bad Wolf well before there was any coaster to shoot. Had a nice "American Werewolf In London" vibe.

Does such a thing already exist?

This looks very interesting. Similar to the one at Kings Dominion, but with the newer generation Intamin OTSRs. I personally think that it may make the experience better because those new restraints are a little bit less restrictive and more open than the restraints on the typical Intamin Giant Drop. You can feel the air more and you can have more room to throw up your hands as you fall .... Unless you're one of those people who has to hold on as you fall. In that case, the placement of the grab bars could probably make holding on feel more 'securing', if you don't enjoy the falling (which I do).

I'll definitely be on the watch for this amazing looking tower!

I must say I was a bit disappointed when I heard of this the first time. Mainly out of two reasons. First, a drop ride is not the biggest hole i Liseberg's arsenal since they already have Höjdskräcken. Second, I really like observation towers. Especially the one at Liseberg inasmuch as it's the tallest structure i all of Göteborg and the view is great!

But I'll probably change my mind once I take a ride

But then I read about AtmosFear at Liseberg's homepage and found something hopefull. In the questions-answer section of the ride (only in Swedish) it says:

Q - Does the construction of AtmosFear mean that there won't be an observation attraction at Liseberg in the future?

A - Next year there will not be one. Beyond, you'll have to wait and see...

(free translation)

Does this mean we'll see a new (taller) observation tower at Liseberg in the coming years? I certainly hope so!

I also have to agree with everyone before me; the advertising of AtmosFear is fantastic!