The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5451 - West Coast Racers Front Seat POV!
Users viewing this topic: Bing [Bot] and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread!!!

Postby noticias24 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:06 pm

^ hahaha yeah they should take the time to train the operators better so guests can actually avoid that kind of situation.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby AGLOIATHPENGUIN123 » Wed May 26, 2010 3:58 pm

noticias24 wrote:I know this is a bit late but I just wanted to let you know that a few weeks back I went for the first time to SFMM using the Platinum flash pass. All I can say it is definitely worth it if you just have a day at the park, specially a saturday like mine was, and don't know if you're going back soon. I got to ride all of the coasters at least twice, since I did not have to get up from my seat for the second time.

One thing that I will say is that some operators didn't have ANY idea of how the platinum pass worked. Since I didn't want any trouble with the rest of the people in the queue, I made sure to tell the operators that I would be riding twice in each ride, so they could tell that to the other riders that wanted to ride together that they would probably need to wait 2 trains. On Batman I told the operator, who then started telling me I was not allowed to do that by any means. I tried to explain him how the pass worked but he just kept saying "I work here I know you can't!". So finally I just told him to go ask the other operators, hoping they would know better, and when he finally did, he got to know he was wrong and apologized to me.

I found the park to be a really great experience! specially since it was my first real "thrill park", I am from Orlando but there's nothing like SFMM around here.

For me, i always use the gold flash pass because its cheaper, and i HATE it when your (even with Gold) about to cut someone and just sit in there spot and then they give you scary looks like "Your a Jerk" looks. Especially i feel bad when its a persons first time on the ride and you take there spot. I hate the looks and its hard to look forward and ignore it. Its hard to have fun on the ride afterwards. I suggest getting the Gold one because you can ride 2 with no wait (not in a row) but you can if you want to. Just get back in the flashpass line. And really, you only need a gold flashpass because you get on more then enough rides as it is.
If your tired of dancing alone, i will come and dance with you.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby noticias24 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:28 pm

^

True but the thing with the gold flash pass now is working kind of differente. The gold pass "only" cuts 60% of the wait time so if the wait time is 60 minutes you still have to wait like 24 minutes or so to ride it again. With platinum you get almost inmediately on the ride. Also it was my first time at the park and I had to go with a tour company which had a schedule so I got like 7 hours at the park and not the whole day, and I had an extreme desire to ride all the coasters I could :p

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed May 26, 2010 4:58 pm

Does anybody know what's up with Mr. Six's Dance Coaster? :?r

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed May 26, 2010 5:38 pm

Guy T. Koepp wrote:Does anybody know what's up with Mr. Six's Dance Coaster? :?r

Apparently they are installing trims down the first drop.
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed May 26, 2010 6:44 pm.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 26, 2010 5:48 pm

^And new OTSR's.

Hopes Magic Mountain gets a used Roller Skater that 36" kids can ride.

Postby cooksta77 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:07 pm

Just saw this about Mr. Six's DanceCoaster.
Six Flags Magic Mountain's new family coaster has been postponed until 2011. We look forward to the coaster being apart of the 2011 new attraction lineup.
And I was looking forward to the Onboard audio and Fire effects! :lol:
Andrew "Off of the SFMM home page" Iorio
Trying to look smart on the TPR forums since 2008.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed May 26, 2010 6:26 pm

"Six Flags Magic Mountain's new family coaster has been postponed to 2011."
mrsixfail.jpg
Seriously?
Last edited by robbalvey on Wed May 26, 2010 6:35 pm.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby gforce532 » Wed May 26, 2010 6:30 pm

Mabey the problem with Mr. Six was that there was something wrong with the location they selected for it. BTW right now I am posting this from the cyber cafe, this is so cool. Today was relative light day in terms of crowds, but there were alot of school buses here today so it was crowded for a weekday this time of year. I had gotten on every roller coaster and water ride today so one good day at MM.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Wed May 26, 2010 6:31 pm

Wow. As if there hasn't been enough controversy over this coaster and now this? There better be a really good reason why.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

PreviousNext