Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: NEWS: Walt Disney World to launch "Summer Nightastic!"

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue May 25, 2010 7:39 pm

http://www.wdwnewstoday.com/2010/05/25/passholder-not-so-exclusive-summer-nightastic-preview/

Disney has confirmed that the Main Street Electrical Parade and Summer Nightastic! Fireworks Spectacular will debut on June 5th at the Magic Kingdom for what is being called a Passholder preview:

Clear your calendar for Saturday, June 5, 2010, and get over to the Magic Kingdom® Park for an advance viewing of the return of perhaps the most beloved and adored Disney parade in history! The Main Street Electrical Parade is back as part of Summer Nightastic! Check it out at 9 and 11 p.m., or both!

Plus! That same night, Passholders* can check out the new Summer Nightastic! Fireworks Spectacular at 10 p.m., with special light effect viewing glasses, provided free to who? Passholders, that’s who. Pick up your free glasses between 4 and 8 p.m. at the Rose Garden entrance near Tomorrowland® and enjoy the show.

To learn more about the special advance viewing of Summer Nightastic! for Passholders, go to disneyworld.com/passholder.

*Weekday Select and Epcot® After 4pm Passholders are welcome but will require admission to Magic Kingdom Park.

While listed as a passholder preview, the park is open to the general public during these performances. The only real perks for Passholders are that they are being informed about these preview performances (it is still advertised as Spectromagic and Wishes! performing on the DisneyWorld.com calendar) and are provided the strange glasses usually distributed at the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Re: NEWS: Magic Kingdom Carousel renamed effective June 1st

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue May 25, 2010 8:53 pm

This is insignificant to 99.9% of us, but I'm not afraid to call it out. Psst, Disney.....Fail.

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Wed May 26, 2010 10:49 am

Unless they're adding the [ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings] to the carousel... meh.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed May 26, 2010 10:53 am

I guess my only response is "OK, but does a carousel really need a backstory?"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed May 26, 2010 10:59 am

^^Seriously, I think it's silly to directly reference brass ring carousels when the carousel you're referring to isn't even one. That's what annoys me, as I feel the world could use a few more ring carousels.

However, I don't think that's a likely scenario in the least. The brass, steel or plastic objects cost a lot to replace, and I'm sure there are liability issues--can you really trust everybody to throw the objects so they won't hit anyone? etc. You could use plastic objects like Riverfront does, but still.

^Apart from my rant, I like the idea of a backstory. It especially makes sense for Disney of course. :mickey:
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Mark Rosenzweig » Wed May 26, 2010 11:14 am

cfc wrote:I guess my only response is "OK, but does a carousel really need a backstory?"

Chuck, sewer drains require backstory at Disney.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Joe_Spence » Wed May 26, 2010 11:27 am

I like it...the back story will definitely make more sense when they finish the FL rehab in 2012
”The only way you can check Gretzky is to hit him when he is standing still singing the national anthem.” - Harry Sinden

Die Hard Sabres Fan

Former Cedar Point Employee (Wicked Twister 2005)

The Resident Vegetarian Hippie

Postby Hercules » Wed May 26, 2010 11:33 am

Sure, what the hell.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Houston Thrills » Wed May 26, 2010 11:42 am

Prince Charming invites one and all to test their horsemanship skills and to enjoy their own happy ending.

Come on...no way that wasn't intentional.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jay20016 » Wed May 26, 2010 4:05 pm

Joe_Spence wrote:I like it...the back story will definitely make more sense when they finish the FL rehab in 2012

In terms of said expansion.... much of the new segments seem squarely aimed at the female demographic. Most, if not all, excluding maybe the Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo stuff, is part of the Princess/Fairy demographic; is this just a way to have maybe something for the little "dudes" as well?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!