Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

P. 833: Iron Gwazi video & info!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Re: Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT, BGA) Discussion Thread

Postby dragonskeep » Tue May 18, 2010 9:48 am

I saw a photo on a Behind the Thrills trip report, (sorry can't include it here but Weiner Looping made me stupid), that had both sides of the trench installed. Seems like the trench is too narrow for a Wingrider type train. The figure 8 looks a little tight too.

They are really moving along with this , can't wait for track!

Would Maverick be the best coaster in Florida? I think so. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetaka

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:14 pm

^Yea, I'm looking forward to seeing the progress in person. I was there a few weeks ago and things were really just getting started. ...train tracks removed, dirt being moved, etc. As soon as Kumba opens back up, I'm heading back.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:12 pm

dragonskeep wrote:I saw a photo on a Behind the Thrills trip report, (sorry can't include it here but Weiner Looping made me stupid), that had both sides of the trench installed. Seems like the trench is too narrow for a Wingrider type train. The figure 8 looks a little tight too.

Where does it show the trench walls are installed? I don't see it. I hope you're not mistaking it with the sides of the tunnel for the walkway, are you?

EDIT: Disregard what I said. I saw an update from BGTGuide, and I saw the trench walls. And you're right. I don't think it'd be wide enough for a wingwalker. That's if they want the track to go underground. What if they just want to go really close to the ground? So you were really close the ground. Just a speculation because I really want a wingwalker! :b
Last edited by jjune4991 on Wed May 19, 2010 9:00 am.

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:10 pm

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release about their latest animal additions--two baby lemurs!

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay welcomed two endangered baby red-ruffed lemurs on April 21. The babies can be viewed by guests in Jambo Junction, where they reside with their mother and father, Maditra and Bozeny.

The babies are the first lemurs to be born at Jambo Junction, home to the parks’ animal ambassadors, since Maditra and Bozeny arrived as babies three years ago. Lemurs are a species of primate, and reach sexual maturity between 2 and 3 years old.

The sex of the babies has yet to be determined, but they are developing well overall, according to trainers. They are getting braver each day, and exploring their habitat under the watchful eye of Mom and Dad. They currently weigh about 300 grams or a little more than half a pound; lemurs average about 80 grams, or .17 of a pound, at birth. They grow to be about 8 to 10 pounds.

All species of lemurs are native to the island of Madagascar. Red-ruffed lemurs are one of nearly about 50 lemur species. Busch Gardens is home to five lemur species. The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service considers all lemurs endangered. Lemurs are endangered largely due to habitat destruction. Their forests are destroyed for their wood and to grow agricultural crops.

Lemurs play an important role in the ecology of Madagascar as seed dispersers. The seeds can then grow into new plants, which is important since the forests of Madagascar are being destroyed at a very high rate. However, they cannot disperse enough seeds to match the rate of forest destruction.

The SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund is actively working with groups in the wild to save endangered or threatened species, such as lemurs. The non-profit, private charitable foundation is committed to supporting wildlife and habitat conservation, research, education and animal rescue programs worldwide. Since its inception in 2004, the Fund has donated more than $6 million to more than 500 projects around the world. For more on the Fund, visit SWBG-ConservationFund.org.
lemur_01.jpg
lemur_02.jpg
lemur_03.jpg
lemur_04.jpg
lemur_05.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby CoasterCard » Wed May 19, 2010 1:50 pm

I like to move it move it!!

I'm no environmentalist, but this is pretty cool to see. It is always interesting to see endangered species being introduced to another climate and environment and see how/if they adapt and thrive.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Koolkid » Wed May 19, 2010 2:04 pm

And who says that animal/conservation parks/zoo are always a bad thing... Guh :)

Looks like a great success for the park being able to breed such a rare species.

Also can't wait to see how this new coaster turns out, should be nice and ready for next years Florida trip, well at least I hope it's ready :P

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Thu May 20, 2010 7:03 am

I'm going to busch gardens tomorrow. Is their anything you desire to be in the photo update? I'm not planing to ride any rides while bring my semi-expensive camera, So I bet I will have a while to spend. Just tell me what you want photos of and I shall provide. Yay for platinum passports!

But yea, I will do an update on the 2011 Constitution, no doubt about that. Just want to know what else anyone wants to see.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Visioneer » Thu May 20, 2010 6:02 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us a press release about their latest animal additions--two baby lemurs!

Anyone else thinking the first picture looks like one of those Avatar movie blue things?

Who knew lemurs would evolve? James Cameron.

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Fri May 21, 2010 1:54 pm

SUMMER NIGHTS ARE MORE INTENSE

AT BUSCH GARDENS IN 2010

Ride Coasters in the Dark, Stay for an Awesome Night-Time Finale
TAMPA, Fla. (May 21, 2010) — Busch Gardens amps up the fun in 2010 during Summer Nights with MORE contemporary entertainment, MORE special effects and MORE reasons to stay and play each Night from June 11 through Aug. 15. This year, the rides are even wilder and, each night, Busch Gardens goes out with a big, rock-style bang when Kinetix explodes onto the stage in Gwazi Park at 9 p.m.
Kinetix brings together live musicians, singers, dancers and artists from around the world for an original, non-stop 30-minute contemporary rock experience that delivers awesome lighting effects, modern music and high-energy performances.
Also in 2010, Busch Gardens’ world-class rides are amplified with pulsating sights and sounds to intensify each experience. Thrill rides, such as SheiKra, incorporate strobe lights, black lights, music and other special effects for an even bigger thrill. Even the carousel is amped up with a disco ball, and the Serengeti Express is aglow as it chugs around the park.
Jeff Civillico returns to Marrakesh Theater with his amazing blend of comedy, juggling, balancing, athleticism and audience participation. On July 3 and 4, catch an illuminating fireworks display at Busch Gardens.
DJs up the energy each night throughout the park, playing party songs and inviting families to dance and play along. Every Friday and Saturday night, guests can bust their most impressive moves in the Dance Challenge. The best dancers will be selected throughout Friday and Saturday nights to compete in a dance off at 7 p.m. in Desert Grill – three rounds that challenge them to a variety of dance styles. First place winners each night receive 4 tickets to Busch Gardens, Adventure Island or SeaWorld.

Park hours for Summer Nights are extended until 9 p.m. Sundays through Thursdays and until 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. Summer Nights is included with a day’s paid admission or any annual pass.
While you’re at Busch Gardens, discover all that the park has to offer this summer – day and night. That includes Sesame Street Safari of Fun, a new sunny, funny play land filled with kid-size rides, cool water fun and plenty of memorable adventures. Dip and dive through the desert on Air Grover junior coaster. Climb and play in Elmo’s Treehouse Trek. Splash and refresh in Bert and Ernie’s fun-filled water play area. Watch your Sesame Street friends in African-inspired shows. In Sesame Street Safari of Fun, imaginations run wild, and there’s fun or everyone.
For more information on Summer Nights and Busch Gardens, visit BuschGardens.com or call 1-888-800-5447.

http://blockedsite.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=613:busch-gardens-tampa-unveils-summer-nights-kicking-off-june-4th&catid=64:news-&Itemid=121

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Inukaza » Fri May 21, 2010 2:09 pm

Here's a pretty big update of BGA in general, though it's mostly of construction. Montu was closed while I was at the park, and Kumba is down for the cleaning. And since I had my tote bag to hold my camera and things In, I was not able to ride any rides anyway. I was not about to buy a self storage container. when I need my things on me at all times. On gwazi they have baskets to put your things in while you ride, as do most of the rides. Well, they won't even allow the things in the line anymore. I understand why though, but spending time at disney where they tell you to put your bookbags between your legs on Rockin Roller coaster is a tad big of a change. Oh disney, what would we do without you, setting the standards for public safety /sarcasm.

Okayyyy, enough talking, time for photos.
IMG_0020.jpg
Montu in the distance, closed, with the train stuck on the lift.
IMG_0021.jpg
This is my happy face. lol
IMG_0024-2.jpg
My blurry platinum card, which lets me come when ever I want lol.
IMG_0023.jpg
Bulldozer sighting and I haven't even gotten inside the park yet.
IMG_0028.jpg
Right by where the Katonga building is, workers are setting up another wall.
IMG_0031.jpg
View of the train tracks through the edge of africa, trees and song covering it and all.
IMG_0037.jpg
I wish I had any clue as to what this is behind the skyride, looks like a big drill.
IMG_0043.jpg
Some ground construction photo's first, I wanted to use the skyride station in Congo to do lack of lines at that station. :3
IMG_0044.jpg
The bridge they are working on, theirs a better view from the skyride that I will show once I get there. Keep reading :D
IMG_0045.jpg
Random pipes beside rhino rally
IMG_0048.jpg
Kumba is super shiny, with the sun on it it can blind you, no kidding.
IMG_0050.jpg
Super shiny kumba from skyride,
IMG_0051-1.jpg
Rhino rally's dried up tracks. LETS GET BACK TO OVERHEAD CONSTRUCTION PHOTOS.
IMG_0052.jpg
Lot of things going on.
IMG_0053.jpg
Ahhhhh, so it IS a drill.....i think.
IMG_0054.jpg
Better look at the bridge
IMG_0055.jpg
Random pipes and such
IMG_0058.jpg
Behind the skyride station

THANKS FOR LOOKING AT THIS UPDATE.
Baby, I'm howlin' for you.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!