Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Page 79: Pirate ship andwater slide are the 2019 additions
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: The Alabama Adventure Discussion Thread

Postby 99er » Mon May 17, 2010 7:44 pm

CoasterGuy06 wrote:-Space Shot has officially reverted back to the name Stratos Fear Screamer, which is the name it opened under.

Whoever made that decision should be given a raise! ;)

robbalvey wrote:I sometimes think that all these "little" things are just as important.

Absolutely! I wish more parks would do little improvements every year like these. I can see Alabama Adventure doing much more like these over the next couple years, in between a new ride or two:-)
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Mon May 17, 2010 8:07 pm

I think these are all VERY positive improvements to the park. I LOVE it! It looks like AA is definitely heading in the right direction. I also love the simplistic yet stylish look and design of all the structures/buildings in the park and how they give one cohesive feel. Great update and thanks for the pics!

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Mon May 17, 2010 8:54 pm

Now they need to solve that pesky attendance problem........

Postby Jay20016 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:52 am

I've always been a sucker for small parks like this one... Haven't been to it, but from the shots, the only question I have is:

Are there are a lot of just wide open concrete paths? It seemed like there wasn't that much shade around the place.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue May 18, 2010 5:26 am

Good to see all these little improvements. The park looks really nice. Me and the fam are trying to get down there for the first time this weekend.

Guy "Put our Club TPR cards to good use." Koepp =)

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue May 18, 2010 5:45 am

Jay20016 wrote:I've always been a sucker for small parks like this one... Haven't been to it, but from the shots, the only question I have is:

Are there are a lot of just wide open concrete paths? It seemed like there wasn't that much shade around the place.

When the park was built they pretty much bulldozed everything. They did plant a ton of trees when they opened, but it has taken awhile for them to grow in. The problem with Celebration Street is all of the trees were cut down by former management because they felt the trees were blocking the store fronts. The shade issue is actually the biggest thing that came up during focus groups the park did at the end of last season, which is why they added the indoor restaurant, the indoor theater show, added the Gorge shade structure, trees down Celebration Street, etc. There have been several shade structures in previous years and I wouldn't be surprised to see more "cooling down" initiatives in the future.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby nursemelis374 » Tue May 18, 2010 11:12 am

Will the elimination of the pothole spot from Rampage get rid of the "Oh crap I am going to die on this ride!" part that made riding that so insanely fun?

Is the bar with the best air conditioning and best 5 dollar drinks I ever had still there?

I wonder if the improvements to the rapids ride will improve the station and the "wetness" of the ride. The station was flooded with disgusting stagnant water on the Deep South trip and even though it was crazy hot that day we barely got wet on the actual ride.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CoasterGuy06 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:20 pm

^
Yes, Yes, and I believe both of those things about Wild River Gorge are "works in progress."

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue May 18, 2010 12:43 pm

It's great to see all of these improvements! Glad they still care about the park and are improving it, versus just letting it rot. I just may have to do a deep south trip part 2 this summer!

Postby Jay20016 » Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 pm

CoasterGuy06 wrote:
Jay20016 wrote:I've always been a sucker for small parks like this one... Haven't been to it, but from the shots, the only question I have is:

When the park was built they pretty much bulldozed everything. They did plant a ton of trees when they opened, but it has taken awhile for them to grow in. The problem with Celebration Street is all of the trees were cut down by former management because they felt the trees were blocking the store fronts. The shade issue is actually the biggest thing that came up during focus groups the park did at the end of last season, which is why they added the indoor restaurant, the indoor theater show, added the Gorge shade structure, trees down Celebration Street, etc. There have been several shade structures in previous years and I wouldn't be surprised to see more "cooling down" initiatives in the future.

Gotcha.

It is amazing what a little landscaping/planters can do for the overall appeal of a place. Far too often rides are the number one priority when so much can be added by digging deeper into ways of manufacturing great guest experiences by other, often neglected, means.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!