Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (SCBB) Discussion Thread

P. 131: $12 million entrance & Boardwalk improvement project
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: SCBB's NEW Haunted Castle Construction Log

Postby cfc » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:10 pm

^Last date mentioned was Memorial Day Weekend.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby sfmman2000 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:40 pm

The ride is still on schedule for opening on Memorial Day weekend with a grand opening ceremony on the Friday before the weekend.
Last edited by sfmman2000 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:40 pm.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby PortugePunk » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:16 pm

fun pics! i haven't been to SCBBW in years and I miss it! Giant Dipper is so fun and the new Haunted Castle will be a definite draw for me to re-visit!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby coaster-crazy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:36 pm

MINI UPDATE!

The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk's website has put up a page for the NEW Haunted Castle darkride.

http://beachboardwalk.com/rides/hauntedcastle/index.html

It mentions that the ride will be infact opening on May 28!!!! Cool stuff. There is also so info about whats going inside this new spook.

Enjoy!
Check out the official TPR Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk thread!
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53779

Full Fledged Great America Enthusiast!

Postby Sunfire » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:50 pm

I was at the Boardwalk today, and they're making a lot of progress on the new Haunted Castle. In other news, their operations were superb today. They were able to dispatch Giant Dipper in about 25 seconds.

Postby sfmman2000 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:44 pm

^As one of the Giant Dipper board operators yesterday, I really appreciate your compliment!

Postby coaster-crazy » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:50 pm

Welcome to today's update! The Haunted Castle is REALLY coming along and will be opening on May 28th, 2010. Most of the interior is being completed and all of the ride track is in. The facade facing the street is nearly done and the front side is looking great too. It looked like they were going to test ride vehicles within the next week or so. I am amazed at how fast this thing is coming along and I commend the workers on this great looking ride. Also, there appears to be a new building on the Boardwalk itself, possibly for food or something. If you haven't checked out the Boardwalk's website recently, you should check out the page they have on the new ride!

http://www.beachboardwalk.com/rides/hauntedcastle

Enjoy the update! :)

~Nicholas(coaster-crazy)

ADMIN EDIT: I went ahead and deleted your double post because it didn't have any purpose besides bumping the discussion by looking for responses. While we appreciate your updates, remember that responses will come in time--there isn't any need to ask for them specifically.
hc1.jpg
Front side of the castle.
hc2.jpg
Here is where the ride will come out at the end of the ride. Notice the track coming in - (doors are temporary)
hc3.jpg
Looking down the front side. Nice!
hc4.jpg
Closer up on the details.
hc5.jpg
New building on the front of the castle. What do you think will/should go in it?
hc6.jpg
This is where the Black & White ice cream stand will return to on the HC building.
hc7.jpg
Panoramic view.
hc8.jpg
Street side is getting closer to completion. Strange color combination though...
hc9.jpg
Another angle..
hc10.jpg
Full view of the back of the ride.
hc11.jpg
BONUS PIC!
==============
Stay tuned for next week's update and look out for the ride's opening on May 28th, 2010 !!!! Thanks for looking! :)
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat May 01, 2010 6:31 pm.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby coasterking2981 » Thu May 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Cool pics!

If only Mr Six's DanceCoaster was going up this fast!

Postby coaster-crazy » Tue May 11, 2010 3:57 pm

=========================================
Wow, two weeks gone by already? Sheesh, where is the time going! Anywho, I visited the site of the Haunted Castle today and boy was it looked good. All of the scaffolding was gone, track is all in, and themeing is nearly completely finished. They are still finishing up some electrical and painting on the outside of the structure. When I went last week I snapped a picture of the NEW cars on the track, and I forgot to post them! So the pics of the car will be from LAST WEEK, otherwise, the pictures are from this week. The ride is going to open on May 28th, 2010 - enjoy the update! :)

~Nicholas
hc1.jpg
Newly painted building next to the HC. Those 'cheese' slabs were blue last year!
hc2.jpg
Scaffolding is gone! Looking really nice.
hc3.jpg
Looking farther down the NEW HC...
hc4.jpg
Another look.
hc5.jpg
This photo is from May 4th, 2010. THE RIDE CAR!!!!!!111
hc6.jpg
This photo is also from May 4th, 2010. The ice cream stand is on the right, and the games next up in the 'red'.
hc7.jpg
Remember this little building across from the Haunted Castle in past updates? According to the workers, this will be a funnel cake stand - MMMM!!
hc8.jpg
Panoramic view of the ride - nearly finished!
hc9.jpg
Another beach-side angle...
hc10.jpg
Starting to continue painting. The color at the very top is what the rest will look like.
hc11.jpg
Street-side view basically the same... Looks good!
hc12.jpg
From across the street.
======================
NEXT UPDATE: Stay tuned as we approach the opening of the new ride. I am trying to get a behind the scenes tour of the ride before it opens as well as to try to go to the ride on opening day May 28th, 2010. Thanks for watching!

Postby wumwip » Tue May 11, 2010 5:32 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! The NHC ride cars!!!!!! They look so different!!! Very cool!!! Can't wait!!!! :lmao:
Hey Nicolas, just wanted to say thanks for these amazing pics!!! Love 'em! Just wanted to know if you’d be able to video the grand opening of the new ride and post it up on youtube. That’d be awesome. If not, I’m very grateful for the pics.
Thanks again.
Last edited by Jew on Tue May 11, 2010 5:55 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!