TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Knoebels Discussion Thread

On a positive note though, Dick did follow up by saying they are might be able to get the data back soon.

Thinking back though the story did seem rather odd when he told us.

So, in other words, they'll be getting them back in 6 months.

For a park that usually seems like they know what they're doing, this whole "process" is being handled in an amateur/bush league fashion.

Hello all, I have a short update on the Black Diamond to post up. There really is'nt much to see or tell at the

moment, but when I get more info or pics I'll post them asap.

This is the foundation on the side closest to the minning museam. Which is located to the left in this picture.

Here is a broader shot, you can see the new eagle habitat in the background.

Same kind of shot, but with a view down the end of the ride area.

Here is a view looking toward the museam back in late Feb, there is a floor under there somewhere.

Car from the soon to be BD, you can see how big of a job restoring and updating this ride is going to be.

Close-up of the door release.

Apparently this what passed as lap restraints in NJ during the 60's. lol

That's about it, more to come as I get it.

Edited by SharkTums

http://www.amusementtoday.com/

Silver Dollar City makes memorial tree donation to Knoebels (April 30, 2010)

In a move that spans the class and friendship two parks share with one another, Silver Dollar City in Branson, Mo. has sent Knoebels Amusement Resort in Elysburg, Pa. a gift in the form of a Dogwood tree. The tree was sent as a memorial to the late Barbara Knoebel from the citizens of Silver Dollar City and all of the Herschend Family Entertainment Corp. families and employees.

The Dogwood tree is eight feet tall, was planted in a three-foot-high base on April 21, just in time for the park's season opener on April 24. A hand-made plaque from SDC's Blacksmith shop was included and read, "In Honor and Memory of Lady Barbara Knoebel from the Citizens of Silver Dollar City Missouri 2009."

Brad Thomas, VP and GM of Silver Dollar City told Amusement Today, "For more than 50 years Jack and Pete Herschend have had a passion for trees. The two enjoy a great relationship with the entire Knoebel family and wanted to honor Barbara with something that would last a little longer. The gift of a Dogwood tree was the proper way to do that."

Edited by jedimaster1227

Many thanks on your photos concerning the upcoming Black Diamond ride to come out next season. As it is with all constructions early in this stage, it doesn't look like much and it doesn't look pretty. And that photo on the mining car: I'm sure those cars with get a fresh coat of paint and some seat belts added on.

When it's all said and done, hopefully Knobels will be able to open up its Black Diamond attraction without any delays, not like that other attraction that rhymes with "Lying Turds", I mean, is that bobsled coaster ever going to be up and running?

"z z z . . ."

I thought about that myself a few weeks back...that's hilarious to think about though. We were coming over this summer as part of a Hershey/Dorney trip, but I think we'll just wait another year. Hopefully then we'll be able to collect a couple more credits. Right now, were going to replace Knoebels with SFGAdv.

You are probably right, if the whole train development situation is not resolved by next season, It's safe to say that an all out riot to turn the FT into firewood for the campground. lol

Hopefully I will have more pics to post at the beginning of next week.

Here is the latest as of Sat May 15th:

As far as I have heard the main goal at the moment is to get a roof over the struture

so they can start on all of the infrastructure stuff.

That's it untill next week.

Another quick question because I'm not too familiar with the Golden Nugget...judging by pictures the ride seems to really straddle the line between roller coaster and dark ride. Are there any significant drops or hills or anything, or is this a retro/themed/larger version of a Fiesta Express?

From the limited video footage I have seen on YouTube, the drops only appear to be one level at a time. The ride vehicle slowly moves through the indoor portion with the scenes.

But remember this is not going to be an exact replica so there could be variances.

Another quick question from a different member: Structurally speaking, shouldn't they construct the actual track before making the building? It seems like it would be easier to build the ride that way, unless the track and supports actually are built on the posts of the structure or something....

^Even with the Flying turns situation, I trust that Knoebels is building Black Diamond in the most efficient manner.

Since Black Diamond is not a forceful, high speed ride and the there are single cars versus a train, it is possible that the track could be built on the building structure. That's the opinion of someone who has no knowledge of building anything beyond a tool shed, tiki bar, bench, loft and platform beds and Beirut tables.

Also keep in mind that the track it's-self will most likely have a steel support structure, what you see at the moment is just the basic support structure. You will see sturdier building components once the track is acctually ready to move in. Think of kind of like expedition everest at Disney. That ride has 3 separate structures: The outer houseing, the track, and the maintainence and evac access passages. Not on the same scale, but it kind of gives you an idea of what they are doing.