Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can I park my donkey here?

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby galahad » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:45 am

How dose it mesure up to Soaring..?

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:02 pm

cfc wrote:^And the verdict is . . .

Ok now that I finished my ice cream I can answer.

First off it is the same ride vehicles as Corkscrew Hill. The premise is that you are on a jet plane that can show you the wonders/beauty of Ireland, England, Paris, The Alps and Italy in ten minutes.

They have installed indutrial fans on the walls and scent machines (although I've never been on a jet where I could feel wind. However, I can overlook that as the ride was well done. No jerky movements and great photography so I'm sure the general public including the older crowd at BGW will love it.

I even enjoyed the "odd" scene where our plane was "driving" in Paris, fighting traffic around the Arc de Triumphe and the Eiffel Tower.
Last edited by larrygator on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:04 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Mullets never go out of style!

Postby TheRapidsNerd » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Somehow, I can see the possibility of an Intamin package deal more than anything here. Elissa's point makes sense on a few levels.

Would be neat to see one of those combo observation/drop towers at BGW. Bet there would be some pretty views.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:38 pm

Ok now that I finished my ice cream I can answer.

Larry is a man that has his priorities in order.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alpengeist04 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 pm

I'll actually miss Corkscrew Hill. But I'm glad to hear the new ride is at least half way decent, if not an improvement over the old ride. Now just give us that kick arse Intamin Drop Tower next year, and I'll be a very happy BGW fanboy. ;)

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Squid » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:10 pm

But they already have an observation tower... it's called Griffon! Of course, it only holds you at the top for six seconds... but it's a great view!

In all seriousness, I would expect the ride's footprint to replace the bumper cars and the queue to be housed in the old Big Bad Wolf station. This would remove several problems for that park and allow further expansion around the side of the tower. Supposedly the new coaster, when it comes, will anchor a new land, probably Spain.

Squid

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Vigil » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Just one thing first...as soon as I read that it could possibly (but hopefully not) be an observation tower, I immediately thought of combining the two. I was then very surprised when it was on the next page.

What specifics do you think they would theme it too...I mean they can't really theme it to a castle. They already have a castle themed ride across the way...Darkastle. It would kinda be weird.

Or they could make it an extension of Darkastle...Revenge of Darktower.

"You are led up into one of Darkastle's towers only to have a reanimated King Ludwig push you out a window to fall 260 feet."

As for Europe in the Air, how was the ride score? I'll be there tomorrow to check it out myself.

El Toro Make Me Erect

Postby HCLcoasters » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:49 pm

^ extended stories aren't in Busches style.

Spills and Fails, daily.

Postby themeparkologist » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:18 pm

So, will it be in Rhineland, considering there's a big open spot there?

Der Fallinschnell....not as catchy as Der Fallinfast, but it's a correct translation at the very least. ;)
Some people are like slinkies. They aren't really good for much but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:54 pm

Busch Gardens Williamsburg has sent us a press release about the grand opening of Europe in the Air and Celtic Fyre.

Fans flocked to Busch Gardens' Ireland village Friday morning for the launch of the park's newest family-friendly attraction, "Europe in the Air." The high-tech motion simulator swoops guests across gorgeous terrain and past the continent's most recognizable landmarks. Guests dive low over Stonehenge, soar past Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany and float over the Colosseum in Rome. With amazing sharp video quality and incredible surround sound, "Europe in the Air" puts guests in the middle of all the action.

Across the pavilion at the Abbey Stone Theatre, Busch Gardens' entertainment team has put the final touches on "Celtic Fyre," the park's newest live show. "Celtic Fyre" features authentic Irish choreography, storytelling, singing, music and the magic of Irish dance. With a cast of singers, Irish dancers and musicians, guests will be clapping their hands and shouting "Erin Go Bragh."

"Busch Gardens continously reinvents itself to keep the park fresh for out guests," said park President John Reilly. "Busch Gardens offers more than just thrill rides. With the addition of Europe in the Air and Celtic Fyre, we have added to our already strong stable of family-friendly attractions here at Busch Gardens."

SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment operates 10 parks across the U.S. including SeaWorld parks in Orlando, San Diego, and San Antonio; Busch Gardens parks in Tampa, Fla. And Williamsburg; Discovery Cove and Aquatica in Orlando; Sesame Place near Philadelphia, Pa.; and water parks Adventure Island in Tampa and Water Country USA in Williamsburg.

The parks play host to 25 millions guests each year and employ 26,000 people nationwide. To learn more visit http://www.SeaWorldParksAndEntertainment.com or call toll-free (888)800-5447. Additionally, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment created the SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund, a non-profit, private charitable foundation committed to supporting wildlife and habitat conservation, research, education and animal rescue programs worldwide. Learn more at SWBG-ConservationFund.org.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

BN0430OK01_042H.jpg
Musicians in the Irish village at Busch Gardens entertain guests before the debut of the theme park's newest high-tech simulator ride and new Irish dance show.
BN0430OK01_038H.jpg
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell talks with Busch Gardens' team members before the debut of the theme park's two newest attractions, a simulator ride and Irish dance show.
BN0430OK01_035H.jpg
Today, Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell greets guests at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg Va., to announce the opening of its newest family-friendly attraction, "Europe in the Air."
BN0430OK01_027H.jpg
The Mayor of Killarney greets guests at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. to announce the opening of its newest simulator ride and show.
BN0430OK01_026H.jpg
Busch Gardens' President John Reilly and Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell help guests celebrate the debut of the theme park's newest high-tech simulator and Irish dance show at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg Va. "Europe in the Air" and "Celtic Fyre" officially opens to guests Saturday, May , 2010.
BN0430OK01_019H.jpg
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell greets fans at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va. Friday morning during the launch of the theme park's newest family-friendly attraction, "Europe in the Air."
BN0430OK01_002H.jpg
"Celtic Fyre," a new show at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg Va., is an Irish celebration filled with stories, singers, musicians and the magic of Irish dance.
BN0430OK01_001H.jpg
"Europe in the Air," a new high-tech simulator at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg Va., takes guests on a fun-filled journey across the terrain, over the seas and through the air over Europe.
Last edited by cfc on Sun May 02, 2010 1:37 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!