Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

P. 1717 - Firehawk to be removed after the 2018 season
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Re: The Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

Postby jamesdillaman » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:14 pm

It's actually moved UP in the rankings since it's been SBNO.... how funny is that?
On the eighth day, God created the keytar.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:34 pm

http://www.visitkingsisland.com/public/visit/events/index.cfm?id=187

Snoopy's Starlight Spectacular
May 29 - September 6
Opening Saturday, May 29th!

New for 2010, Kings Island presents Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular, an immersive light and sound experience starring everyone’s favorite PEANUTS characters and their summertime adventures. This colorful pageant of more than two million LED lights invites guests to explore a breathtaking display the entire family will enjoy after a day of fun and thrills.

In addition to lighted trees and interactive displays along the midways, the park's signature Eiffel Tower will sparkle in color from top to bottom making this a truly unique and must-see experience.

Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular will debut Saturday, May 29 and run daily through Labor Day, September 6. The display will begin at sunset and remain open until park closing time.
starlight_thumb.jpg
Screen shot 2010-04-28 at 2.32.51 AM.png
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Flight of James: Ride of Steel the Revenge

Postby jamesdillaman » Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:13 am

^ Cool, I never made it up to Cedar Point last season to check that out, but the location at Kings Island seems much better suited for this IMO. The area around the eiffel tower is what people will see as they are leaving the park, and this will have them leave with a spectacular LED display that kids will truly love I think. A good, cheap idea to add a little magic to the end of a park visit.
On the eighth day, God created the keytar.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:36 am

There was a three alarm fire in one of the ghettos of Cincinnati last night. Unfortunately, it did not spread 26 miles north to Son of Beast.

bilde.jpg

bilde2.jpg

bilde3.jpg

bilde4.jpg

Maybe next time!
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

I love Boobs on the moon!

Postby Xizor_Racer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:20 am

....... waiting for someone to photochop the fire trucks infont of SoB... :lmao:

I really have mixed emotions. I never rode sob without the loop, was closed each time I was there without it.

I had a decent ride, and a beat me all to heck ride....

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby KDcoasterMAN » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:30 am

I wondered what it would look like! Photoshop is beast.

Image borrowed from Coasterdude5's PHOTO TR.

THIS IS NOT A REAL PHOTO!
KIfire.jpeg
I think the KI dudes took our advice!

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:16 am

^ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby britishdebutante » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:30 am

^^ THIS JUST IN: The smoke cloud from the smoldering Son of Beast ride at Kings Island causes massive disruptions in air traffic across the continent.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Cavs Fan » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:12 pm

^LOL :lmao: Best one yet.

I honestly have mixed feelings about SoB. I rode it in 2008 and I don't really remember the ride experience that well because the kid behind me, who rode every other coaster in the park, was crying the whole time. Even on the lift hill. I didn't think it (the ride) was that bad.

Also, I do believe that you can pop a blood vessel by blowing your nose or by taking a massive dump. I think it was just bad luck for that lady.

As for the future of the ride, it has already been proven that we can't burn it down and I am not in favor of refurbishing it. I think the best idea I have heard is to tear it down and use the wood for parts to other rides. They could also send the wood out to other CF parks. I am no pro and I am not sure if it is safe, but it is a good idea.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby AndCamSS » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:21 pm

I last rode this in April of last year. It was the first time I had ridden it since 2004 so I was curious to see what it was like without the loop. Just as I had figured, it was horrible. I used to say "At least the loop is good" so without it, and the fact it was still real rough made it crap. Converting the track to the steel ala Texas Giant would probably make it a smooth ride, but even so it wasn't very good to begin with so do you want to spend even more money on that? First drop, first double helix (if smooth), and the loop were ok, but the rest of the ride is boring. How many helixes do you need? I thought the first one would be great if smooth and maybe if it had a tunnel, but then you are just repeating the end of The Beast at a more severe angle. It is probably best to just take it down, find some use for the wood, and start over with a new ride. Maybe they could turn the ride into mulch and sell it to enthusiasts looking to buy anything!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!