TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

Do you think there's a chance we can see the next WingWalker going to Busch Gardens Africa?

It would be a first in America so who knows. Although it is said that B&M could start making launch coasters in 2011 and given the good relationship between Busch Gardens and B&M I wouldn't be surprised if they got the prototype. After all BGA also built the first extended B&M Dive Machine and signed an exclusivity contract with B&M...

This is really exciting to have found this--this track layout looks like it's going to be massive!

As much as I love B&Ms, I would really like to see this become an Intamin along the lines of Furius Baco because that concept has always looked intense and fun. Of course, I wouldn't be disappointed with a B&M launched coaster, especially if it's a prototype (and knowing how Busch rolls and with the rumors of their exclusivity contract with B&M, I'm not getting my hopes up too high for an Intamin ride), but I agree with Elissa in that some variety is needed.

I think the Furius Baco style ride is very plausible, considering the style of the old Monorail Station it's supposed to be held in. It'd be perfect. Though, I hope Intamin have improved the trains, as I heard it's a bit shaky on the outside seat, but that's hard to avoid.

Though, I will say, when I envision this ride in my head, I totally see Maverick. I mean, with a track layout this long, I wouldn't be surprised it being a coaster with short, but multiple trains instead of two or three longer ones.

If you look at the layout again, you can see a large section of track over the grazing area at the stables. They recently changed it to "Animal Connections" and I'm thinking that this may be only be temporary, and that the stables may be going bye-bye.

I think the Furius Baco style ride is very plausible, considering the style of the old Monorail Station it's supposed to be held in. It'd be perfect. Though, I hope Intamin have improved the trains, as I heard it's a bit shaky on the outside seat, but that's hard to avoid.

A bit shaky is an understatement. That thing shakes the absolute crap out of you. For everyone's sake, I hope this is a regular Intamin launched coaster (and I'm hoping for at least one hydraulic launch).

Very exciting!

The (proposed) layout looks insane. Should be a winner. I completely forgot about the "think outside the box" statement from Robb. Sounds like a reference to B&M's signature box-frame track spine.. I guess we'll see.

Anyone have word on Gwazi's re-tracking & alleged new trains? There was the one pic of the (covered/borrowed) Millennium Flyer train on the transfer track a while back, but nothing since. Not even in any of the recent Trip Reports.

^There's no way on this planet or the next that there would ever be two hydraulic launches on the same coaster. If it's going to incorporate multiple launches, it's going to be done with LSMs.

Also, can I just say the Aquatrax theory is the most overused theory in the history of coaster rumors? I wouldn't have been surprised if someone would have speculated that SFMM's Dance Coaster was going to be an Aquatrax AFTER it was announced.

^^Yes that's what I meant by the first statement and the one following. But, couldn't it be done with LIMs as well?

While it could be LIMs, Intamin's more recent non-hydraulic launch coasters have mainly been done with LSMs. LSMs seem to be a hot ticket right now from a lot of manufacturers, so if this is a legit layout pic, then I'd be surprised if they used something other than LSMs to launch it.

(Not to say that it can't happen though)

^There's no way on this planet or the next that there would ever be two hydraulic launches on the same coaster. If it's going to incorporate multiple launches, it's going to be done with LSMs.

Jet Rescue at Sea World has two Hydraulic launches, with the second one being a rolling launch.

Granted, this is all achieved with tyres rather than a cable, but down below it still uses exactly the same system of accumulators etc as other Accelerators, the only difference is the hydraulic fluid is fed into lots of smaller turbines (one for each wheel) rather than one big one.

Here's an image of Google Maps with the layout done in Paint. The dotted part is a "tunnel" in the water portion of Rhino Rally that it'll most likely navigate.

I personally can't wait to find out who the manufacturer is, or a side view/artist rendition of the ride layout.

Busch.thumb.jpg.b6a47e2399a391f068fb6b158d2842d1.jpg

If the rumors are true and that layout is true, then this will be one massive ride! I mean two launches? Not unheard of, yet if Intiman is making this ride i'm sure it will definitely pack a punch.

Quick question, but where else can Busch Garden's Tampa expand? I mean it looks like this ride is all over the place and they will have to either get rid of or move part of Rhino Ralley to squeeze it in. What other land does Busch have available to them?

There are still few pockets of land where BGT can expand...

But for this coaster, looks like its going in empty spaces b/t The monorail bldg and Rhino Rally, not to mention, it looks like as if they are going to remove the water portion of rhino rally.

Also if you guys see some of the PDF forms the support/footer section says elevation by intamin

Jet Rescue at Sea World has two Hydraulic launches, with the second one being a rolling launch.

Granted, this is all achieved with tyres rather than a cable, but down below it still uses exactly the same system of accumulators etc as other Accelerators, the only difference is the hydraulic fluid is fed into lots of smaller turbines (one for each wheel) rather than one big one.

Yeah the hydraulic launches I was referring to are the Intamin ones with the catch car and cable. It wouldn't even begin to approach being remotely practical for a ride to have two of those.