Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1080: A stroll through Howl-o-Scream 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 15 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I get wet for Manta!

Re: The Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW) Discussion Thread

Postby themeparkman25 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Deleted by author
Last edited by themeparkman25 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:21 pm.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Fooz wrote:
Fooz wrote:The BBW area could even use one of those launched "cars to the side of the track" intamin rides

Look at me thinking outside of the box!

Ha! I didn't even see that. And no, the one that exists is not terrible. It's amazing!

--Robb

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby redfoot12 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:40 pm

themeparkman25 wrote:Is it a bad thing that my hopes for a new coaster just got escalated when Robb told us to think outside the box? Almost as if he knows whats up (probably does) and is just waiting for one of us to strike gold. Hmmmm. The trickery.

Ha--well, he was at BGW recently...

I'm still holding out small hope for a woodie, Kings Mill dwellers be damned (except for my Aunt and Uncle, of course)!

No Discernible Talent Whatsoever!

Postby King of Ka » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:58 pm

robbalvey wrote:And you never know... You guys are only focusing on coaster types that are "common" right now, but keep in mind it was Busch Gardens that re-introduced us to Dive Machines!

Think outside the box as to what their next coaster might be!

Oh no, could it be... a stand-up?

Personally I think an Intamin Wingrider like Baco could fit in, and it's a concept that I was hoping to see again. That would be Busch's first Intamin I believe, and I think B&M's strong track record in Busch parks makes a Wingrider or any Intamin sort of unlikely. Whatever it is, I definitely hope it uses the terrain and fits well in BBW's space, and based off Busch's past rides it will.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Spideyfreak » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:18 pm

robbalvey wrote:And you never know... You guys are only focusing on coaster types that are "common" right now, but keep in mind it was Busch Gardens that re-introduced us to Dive Machines!

Think outside the box as to what their next coaster might be!

I would like to see a Powder Keg type of ride. I haven't been to SDC yet, but it looks like an incredible ride that interacts with the landscape.

Wouldn't mind an Intmain Prefab terrain coaster either...

GUACAMOLE IS MY FRIEND

Postby Fooz » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:22 pm

Spideyfreak wrote:Intmain Prefab terrain coaster

This would be too awesome to beleive.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby TheScooterGuy » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:48 pm

Skycoastin Steve wrote:^400+ is "Strata." "Terra" refers to the ground, as in a coaster that hugs the ground. I think we could almost call I305 a terracoaster, but I'm pretty sure Maverick is the only one that's been officially deemed one.

Cedar Point's TTD is a Strata Coaster. The Stratacoster is included in RCT3 and there are various recreations of TTD for RCT3!!
You've crossed the boundary, WMG!

It all started with a donkey

Postby the ghost » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:08 am

^ I dont think anyones arguing that TTDs a stratta, its over 400 feet tall, it is a stratta.

http://screamscape.com/html/gardaland.htm
Anyone else think the rumored B&M may eventually end up at Busch? Robb said Backo would be a good fit, which lance says this coaster will be similar to, and Busch and B&M have a very strong relationship. I would have posted any other info if there was any on the rumored coaster type, but its happening at Gardaland so I linked it to there. This coaster makes some sense to me so far... it would be very unique and could be advertised as the first of its kind in the US, it is like Backo, and B&M has a good track record and a good relationship with Busch.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby netdvn » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:34 pm

redfoot12 wrote:
themeparkman25 wrote:Is it a bad thing that my hopes for a new coaster just got escalated when Robb told us to think outside the box? Almost as if he knows whats up (probably does) and is just waiting for one of us to strike gold. Hmmmm. The trickery.

Ha--well, he was at BGW recently...

I'm still holding out small hope for a woodie, Kings Mill dwellers be damned (except for my Aunt and Uncle, of course)!

This Kingsmill resident would love to see a woodie come to BGW... Perhaps an Evel Knievel/Terminator Salvation-style woodie to fill in the void left behind by BBW.

As for the strata vs. terra coaster debate
I kinda feel this whole "world's first terra coaster" deal is just another marketing ploy by CF to attract visitors through the gate. There have been plenty of ground-hugging coasters built in the past, so Maverick wasn't really the first. And I doubt Maverick was the first Intamin terrain coaster...

So it's a terra coaster, but so is BBW...
Artwork - Facebook - Flickr - DeviantART - Instagram -Geauga Lake Reborn! M&M's World - Don't look back as you brave the Black Forest BGW/KD Crowd Calendar

GUACAMOLE IS MY FRIEND

Postby Fooz » Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:32 pm

The drachen fire and BBW ride areas are connected. I'd prefer an intamin launcher, but I think BGW has a unique opportunity to build one of the greatest Wooden coasters on earth. If the drachen fire area was to be used as an el toro style lift, the hills and trees of the BBW land could be taken at huge speeds, and a drop when BBW's second drop was would be epic at high speeds.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!