TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

fake picture but...
^Good point, it is April 1.

B & M Hypers are everywhere now in the US, I was hoping for something different like the rumoured Intamin launch coaster.

how can you say that when there are only 6 in the us? And those 6 are virtually on the east coast...

You actually hammer home my point even more, there is eight B & M Hypers in the Eastern half of North America, they're great rides and what people like in coasters is subjective but I know which Intimidator I'd rather be riding if I had to choose. And even if Busch put in the rumoured Intamin launch coaster over a B & M hyper that would be something I personally would find preferable, just my opinion based on what I like in coasters.

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us their latest press release about their most recent celebrity visit, this time from CC Sabathia.

Savoring the final days of spring training, World Champion Yankee ace CC Sabathia got chummy with a giraffe at Busch Gardens Tampa's Serengeti Safari.

Sabathia will stare down less-friendly faces Sunday night when he opens the season for the Bombers against the Red Sox in Boston.

Busch Gardens Tampa's Serengeti Safari is a 65-acre preserve where guests can meet giraffes up close, observe some truly wild behavior from white and black rhinos, talk to zookeepers who are working to save these endangered species, and learn about the different conservation efforts that SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Conservation Fund is making to protect wild places.

CC1.jpg.001a9542663575db61c6c3bae77b5424.jpg

CC2.jpg.23fffcdf79ad913f631ef3f3699153cc.jpg

CC3.jpg.8a36ac8222a98ecf294b5df23eb8c208.jpg

I don't know if it is just me, but it looks like CC lost some weight this offseason. Either way, I still hope the Yankees don't repeat.

And it will be interesting to see what the next project does end up being. Either way, it will give me more reason to go back to a great park!

Was at the park yesterday. We just wanted to check out the animals and enjoy the gorgeous day. And being that it was spring break, as expected the park was packed! We walked through Sesame Street Safari of Fun and it was especially packed! Air Grover's entire queue was full, about a 45 minute wait. Looks like the area is a big hit!

1new.jpg.a6cdcff3e54abe1a01cfec319c448653.jpg

2new.jpg.a67fb8d39ea9beaca1a88031abce44cd.jpg

3new.jpg.dc90835c72b81501f4072bb3aaee8397.jpg

4New.jpg.e3378fe7b84afabe046e2ebaa26aa5cb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Word Mark: KANGALOOM

Goods and Services: IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services in the nature of an amusement park attraction

Standard Characters: Claimed

Mark Drawing Code: (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK

Serial Number: 77956059

Filing Date: March 10, 2010

Current Filing Basis: 1B

Original Filing Basis : 1B

Owner: (APPLICANT) SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment LLC LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY DELAWARE Suite 400

9205 South Park Center Loop Orlando FLORIDA 32819

Attorney of Record: Ester Martín Maillaro

Type of Mark: SERVICE MARK

Register: PRINCIPAL

Live/Dead Indicator: LIVE

I met him personally, have no clue who he was until the security guy came up to me and told me... and I was like....ooook?

He's the highest paid pitcher in baseball, pitching in the biggest market in baseball, for the most well-known team in baseball, and is a former Cy Young winner, and you don't know who he is. Something's wrong here.

I did a quick search of the word Kangaloom and I just come across nothing but broken links.

But it seems to be a largely Australian thing with terms like New South Wales and Australia showing up. Which confuses me because why would an African-themed park have an area themed to Australia???

Could this be the new name for an Aquatica project or another Sea World attraction instead?

LOL...well I am not into sports...

That's uh...wow...I don't even know what to say to that.

How about you don't say anything? I'm sure he's far from the only person who has no idea who C.C. Sabathia is.

Hell, I know who he is and I probably couldn't pick him out of crowd.

Looks like CC had a good time AND managed to pitch a pretty good game against the Rays (No "no hitter" for you, at least).

However, I don't know why Busch would want to put in an Australian theme in an African themed park. Weird, but I don't mind it that much.

Looks like CC had a good time AND managed to pitch a pretty good game against the Rays (No "no hitter" for you, at least).

However, I don't know why Busch would want to put in an Australian theme in an African themed park. Weird, but I don't mind it that much.

They could maybe get away with it if they went back to the Busch Gardens Tampa name, but still, it'd be a tad out of place.