TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Am I the only one that thinks the support for the Main drop looks a little bit too close to the drop of the smaller drop????

If you look in this picture there looks to be enough room. I doubt Cedar Point or Intamin would make a simple mistake like that.

STR154.jpg.b2d2f70473f5d057518d1dbcb408d777.jpg

Im so excited to ride this thing! Though I love Maverick, Cedar Point really lost one of its biggest family rides with the removal of White Water Landing. It's great to see a modern replacement for WWL!

My only qualm with the ride is that it is a demonstration of Cedar Fair's record with a love of cement. Frontier Trail remains one of the few places in Cedar Point where there were real-life trees in abundance. I might be naive in thinking there is a way to preserve as many trees as possible, because to me it just seems like they kinda axed trees all willy-nilly to construct this ride. Though the rock work will be a nice touch, a tree or two wouldn't have hurt.

I hate to be the Lorax, but soon Cedar Point will just be Point. Either way, this is sure to be a great addition to the already stellar ride line-up at CP. I'm anxious for opening day to get here!

My only qualm with the ride is that it is a demonstration of Cedar Fair's record with a love of cement. Frontier Trail remains one of the few places in Cedar Point where there were real-life trees in abundance. I might be naive in thinking there is a way to preserve as many trees as possible, because to me it just seems like they kinda axed trees all willy-nilly to construct this ride. Though the rock work will be a nice touch, a tree or two wouldn't have hurt.

I believe the majority of the ride is on Millennium Island where there are no paths anyway. From the sound of it, most of the trees in Frontiertown around the normal walking paths seem to remain untouched.

Workers prepare Snake River Falls for a fresh coat of paint.
. . . HOLD TRAIN! A ride a Cedar Point is acutally getting a paint job?! Now if we can just get them to repaint MF, and TTD! Then I would be super happy. TTD is starting to look rather . . . pink.

~Matthew

Read my post above regarding someone's inquiry on new paint to T&T. Just before the STR pics.

Also, anyone have any more advice on my post a few pages ago? Thanks.

Edited by FeelTheFORCE

^ Saturday will probably be fairly busy. Last year I was at CP until 11:30 and Magnum had a 45 minute wait and Maverick had over an hour when I left. With Shoot The Rapids opening, it definitely won't be quieter. Sunday should have crowds on the lighter side with only Millennium Force, Maverick, and Top Thrill Dragster having waits anywhere close to an hour.

This project get more and more impressive every time I look at it. At first I was happy that the park was getting what everyone was asking for, a new family friendly water ride to replace WWL. Now I'm really excited to see how this changes the look of this area of the park. I have seen the ride in person and I wont lie, its massive... it may seem like a small scale ride, but really the thing is massive. You can see it from the Perimeter Road surrounding the park, all the way around for the most part. I'm also glad to see a lot of the rock work is still going along as planned and they didn't cut it out of the budget, like we saw with Maverick. I'm also looking forward to seeing what they plan to do with landscaping, as I believed Maverick was a step in a new direction for them as far as landscaping a new ride. Maverick is already starting to settle in with its new landscaping and it looks great!

Oh I get it! Its okay to clear cut a huge chunk of the park's small number of trees out because they are filling the entire area with water and people will applaud it because its Cedar Point. Give me WWL through the trees any day before I'll get excited over "Clear Cut- The Ride."

^ Maverick also had TONS more scenery and theming in the animations that never made it, so don't take those pictures and videos too seriously.

^^ Perhaps they plan on planting more during the landscaping phase of construction? Maybe not as many as indicated in the animations, but at least a few more. I know their reputation suggests otherwise, but still, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

^ Maverick also had TONS more scenery and theming in the animations that never made it, so don't take those pictures and videos too seriously.

^^ Perhaps they plan on planting more during the landscaping phase of construction? Maybe not as many as indicated in the animations, but at least a few more. I know their reputation suggests otherwise, but still, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

I perhaps was quick in jumping to conclusions about Shoot the Rapids' theming, but as you said, Cedar Point's record with theming would suggest otherwise. Granted, Maverick's theming looks incredible, and whats more, you're too busy enjoying an incredible ride to be bothered with whats happening around you. I guess with my earlier comment I was expressing concern about CP's tendency to overlook atmosphere in their quest to build what is arguably the most incredible thrill park in the world.

I'm sure they'll plant trees around the ride once the rest of the site work is done. They did the same with Maverick, and the vegetation has already started to fill in around it. It looks far better than it did when it first opened.

I'll bet you any money it's an April Fools day joke from Cedar Point and Kings Dominion. The Carowinds, Kings Island, and Worlds of Fun blogs are all still up, and Worlds of Fun even posted a new blog post yesterday. Apparently Lance at Screamscape didn't get the joke.

Yeah. Its totally a joke. Not a good one granted, but today's blog post confirms its a sham. Instead of going with something like a new 800 ft coaster or that Maverick is in fact an Aquatrax, they went with something benign and almost rude to the die-hards of the blog (myself included). I guess Dick wouldn't stand for anything but an April Fools joke that was about creative as Cedar Fairs ____Hawk name scheme.