Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Please Nuderstand This Mozart67. It's Something!

Re: The Making of Me - Epcot Wonders of Life Movie

Postby Mozart67 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:49 pm

I never got to see The Making of Me, and I recall when it was unveiled that it had to be the largest Freudian slip I had ever seen..or not seen, as it turned out. Another great idea (not to mention great jokes) passes into the ether.
HeadOn! Apply Directly to when you just don''t feel fresh. Side effects may include drowsiness, explosive belching, cosplay, and death. Use only when directed and when you have an outbreak, have a Coke and a smile!

Can I park my donkey here?

Re: The Making of Me - Epcot Wonders of Life Movie

Postby some sort of coaster dude » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:22 pm

that kissing scene was a bit racy !

they didn't explain the mechanism of copulation all that well really ! but a good video ,

i never got to see it either i was 8 i think, my grandparents called my parents on a payphone to ask if i could see it and they said no!

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: NEWS: Authentic Pizzeria to Open at Epcot's Italy Pavili

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:13 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/03/first-look-pizzeria-at-epcot’s-italy-pavilion/

As a pizza lover, I raved when we announced plans for an authentic pizzeria at the Italy Pavilion at Epcot but now I’m really craving a first slice after seeing what’s coming later this year. This is your first official peek at what the new 300-seat restaurant will look like. And yes, that’s outside dining and vaulted-ceilings.

We’re still waiting for word on an official name but thought you’d like to see this artist rendering first on The Disney Parks Blog.
pizzeria1034_large.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Sexy. Nice to see Italy getting some love.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby BelizeIt » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:44 pm

It always surprises me that the food served at Theme Parks is often so blahhhhh.

At Disneys west coast parks, the pizza at Disneyland and DCA is equally awful. Yet in between those two parks at Downtown Disney is a restaurant called Naples Ristorante, which makes an excellent pie. A large pizza at Naples Ristorante does cost between $37 to $44, but I thought it was excellent. They also sell their pizza by the slice, which still cost less than what they charge inside the parks.

When you consider the premium your paying for a typical meal at the parks, you would think they improve the quality of what is offered.

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby beyondthepalace » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:42 am

I don't need anything fancy for my theme park pizza. My earliest memories of WDW is sitting at Tomorrowland Terrace having my yummy cheese pizza. Sure it might not be anything close to real NY pizza but it was good for me. $37 - $40 for a large pizza? No thanks. I can get 3 18inch pies at my local place for that amount.
But overall, I guess I am happy to see them opening something new. ANYTHING new in a theme park is a good thing.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:20 am

I did always think it odd that Italy only had one restaurant, when Japan and France each have three. Heck, even Morocco has two!
Erik Allen Elness

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:46 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/03/update-cantina-de-san-angel-at-epcots-mexico-pavilion/

Another construction wall at Epcot, this time it’s at the Mexico Pavilion along the World Showcase Lagoon waterfront. The popular Cantina de San Angel restaurant is expanding, and when the wall comes down there will be 400 seats – both al fresco and air-conditioned seating for lunch and a coveted spot for dinner and viewing IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth, the nightly Epcot fireworks spectacular. A table-service restaurant will occupy half the space.

We hear that the tall frozen margaritas stay on the menu when the new eatery opens in the fall, just in time for the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. Until then, you can get your guacamole fix inside at San Angel Inn, or at La Cava de Tequila, with 95 varieties of tequila to taste (our preference is the buttery avocado margarita, the richness cut with fresh lime juice and agave nectar syrup). If you’re just passing by, the Taqueria del Lago kiosk serves Mexican favorites such as nachos and mixes a delicious margarita for sipping and strolling.

We have high hopes for a fresh menu, and expect delicious south-of-the border creations from the folks at San Angel Inn LLC, who have run both the outside eatery and the pavilion’s San Angel Inn for a quarter of a century.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/03/first-look-cantina-de-san-angel-expansion-at-epcot/

Earlier today, Thomas shared a first look at an amazing pizzeria opening at Epcot Italy Pavilion. And now I’ve got a sneak peek of what you can expect to see when the construction wall comes down at the Mexico Pavilion later this year. If you’ve visited Epcot recently, you know the Cantina de San Angel restaurant is expanding. This artist rendering gives you a good idea of what seating looks like at the restaurant when work is completed. There will be 400 seats – both al fresco and air-conditioned seating for lunch and a coveted spot for dinner and viewing IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

And, if you’re curious about the menu, I shared some highlights earlier this month. Please let us know what you think of the look.
cantina134203_large.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Re: NEWS: Authentic Pizzeria & new Cantina to open at Epcot

Postby SharkTums » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 am

Wow, cool redo of that outdoor Mexico Place!

As for the Italy Pizza Place, as I mentioned before Disney's Pizza is TERRIBLE, and I believe that this new restaurant is owned by that same amazing place that also owns Naples (mentioned a few posts above) so this can only be good!

Delicious & Refreshing

Re: NEWS: Authentic Pizzeria & new Cantina to open at Epcot

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:21 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2010/07/via-napoli-opens-next-month-at-epcot/

Pastas, wood-fired pizzas, scoops of sweet gelato – here’s a first look at the menu for the new Via Napoli Ristorante e Pizzeria at the Epcot Italy Pavilion. Opening next month the 300-seat restaurant expands dining choices (our favorite Tutto Italia stays). Created by the Patina Restaurant Group’s CEO Nick Valenti, the menu is based on his travels in Southern Italy and his time developing and overseeing the successful Naples 45 Ristorante e Pizzeria in New York. Valenti spent time in Naples studying the art of dough, crust, sauce and oven temperatures at the famous pizzerias Da Michele and Trianon. A feature at Via Napoli is its wood-burning ovens, cleverly named after the three active volcanoes in Italy – Mount Etna, Mount Vesuvius and Stromboli.

Appetizers: Sicilian eggplant with olives and raisins; salad of lettuce, fagiolini (string beans), fennel and tomatoes; arancini (fried saffron risotto balls) with meat ragù, mozzarella and pomodoro sauce; corn-crusted fried calamari; and minestrone with basil pesto. Or share a plate of arancini, mozzarella, calamari, portobella mushrooms, asparagus, zucchini and carciofi (artichokes).

Main course salads: Manzo (filet of beef) with greens, red onion, gorgonzola, apple and cucumber with a red wine-mustard vinaigrette; chopped salad with lemon chicken, greens, cantaloupe, cucumber, red pepper, green beans, onions, almonds and pasta crisps with honey-citrus vinaigrette; calamari with arugula, carrots and fennel with orange vinaigrette.

Pastas: candele (long, tube-shaped pasta) with sausage ragù; linguine with seafood; malfadine (ribbon pasta) with guanciale (unsmoked Italian bacon) and pomodoro sauce; lasagna verde.

Piatti alla Parmigiana: (dishes topped with Parmesan and mozzarella gratinée): veal, chicken and eggplant.

Wood-fired pizzas: made with caputo flour imported from Southern Italy, San Marzano tomatoes, handmade mozzarella and water from a local spring just like in Italy’s Campania region – 10-inch, 20-inch or 1/2 meter to share: a dozen choices, from a simple pizza Margherita with tomato, mozzarella and basil to carciofi with artichoke, potato, pecorino cheese, prosciutto and cantaloupe.

Sweets: tiramisù, zeppole di ricotta (ricotta cheese-fried dough, whipped cream and chocolate sauce); apple cake with almond sorbetti; gelatie; and vanilla gelato with almond cookies and amarena cherries.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!