Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bobbejaanland has sent us a press release about their upcoming season including new park additions, season pass updates and more!

The Fun Brigade welcomes you to Bobbejaanland!

This season, you will be welcomed to the most pleasant country in the world by the Bobbejaanland Fun Brigade: Woody, Banana, Dreamy and King Kong, four professional fun-makers, trained in the business of spreading fun around. They have a single mission: creating endless fun!

Woody will be around when you go on the white water ride, King Kong picks up visitors in his railway carriage, Banana tests your knowledge of water power in his Banana Battle, and Dreamy gives you goose bumps in her supergalactic Dreamcatcher. Together, the four of them make sure that every visitor has a riotous trip!

Woody, Banana, Dreamy and King Kong live in Bobbejaanland and were born from the DNA of their respective rides. They are responsible for the fun that you have when you visit Bobbejaanland, and personify the more than 50 covered and open air attractions, including exciting rollercoasters and water activities that certainly make a splash! You can meet the Fun Brigade in the virtual world of Facebook, Netlog and Hyves, and that is how you too can become a member of the Fun Brigade.

You can feature in photos with them at particular photo points, spread throughout the park. As you will see: the Fun Brigade bring all the attractions in Bobbejaanland to life, and give you an unforgettable day packed with crazy adventures for all the family. And because many attractions are under cover, a visit to Belgium's most pleasant family leisure park is never rained off. One thing is for sure: you won't get bored, even for a nanosecond. Better still: you won't feel like sitting around doing nothing!

4D FILM PIRATE STORY: NEW!

After ‘Haunted House’', this year Bobbejaanland is bringing out a brand-new 4D film, ‘Pirate Story’, which brings you face to face with a band of ruthless pirates. On a stormy night, you are in a museum. Everything is quiet. You are brave enough to steal the pirate treasure, but that unleashes a frenzied pursuit. As thunder crashes around, and with your legs quaking with terror, you have to escape an age-old curse that you seem to have brought back to life. Making use of all your senses and agility, you try desperately to find a way out, surmounting all the obstacles in your path. Your heart is pounding because your life is at stake.

SHOWS

International horse show ‘Zorro’: NEW!

Bobbejaanland has a reputation to uphold when it comes to horse shows. That is why, year after year, we have always opted for quality, and this year is no exception. For the forthcoming season, the world's most pleasant country has opted for a show based around the world-famous figure of Don Diego de la Vega, better known as Zorro. From May to August inclusive, you can see this new, international horse show at Bobbejaanland, telling the story of the masked hero. Did he really exist? Or is he just a legend?

The leading man is played by Gregory Ancelotti, a showman and record-holder in the Guinness Book of World Records: he has travelled the longest distance on a horse while the horse was on its hind legs. You can see the video on You Tube via the following link:

Show duration: 25 to 30 minutes

Dates: every weekend and public holiday from 30 April to 30 June inclusive

daily from 1 July to 29 August inclusive; 1 or 2 performances per day, depending how busy the park is

EVENTS

School’s Out

No more exams: that really is something to celebrate! And what better way to do that than with a big party in the world's most pleasant country? You can expect a bunch of national and international artists, loads of atmosphere and an incredible lot of fun with all your friends! This year, Bobbejaanland is teaming up with Jim TV and the presenters will be Eline Demuynck and Sean D’hondt, better known from 'Fuzz' on Jim TV.

Date: Wednesday 30 June

Adrenaline

After the successful editions of the last two years, at the end of August, Bobbejaanland is organising ‘Adrenaline’ for the third time. This is a dance event in cooperation with BassEvents & Independent Concerts (Reverze, Studio54, Bassleader, Laundry Day) with A mega mix of thrills, kicks and music thanks to the combination of a load of well-known DJs and over 50 attractions. The sensations of the rollercoasters will once again be combined with reverberating beats and spectacular DJ sets. A good way to end the summer holidays on a high with pure Adrenaline!

Date: Sunday 29 August

Halloween Holidays

In accordance with tradition, you can come and enjoy a good fright with the whole family in the world's most pleasant country during the autumn holidays. For the second edition of Halloween Holidays, Count Dracula along with his friends and colleagues will be enjoying a well-deserved stay at Bobbejaanland. They have flown, slithered or staggered to Bobbejaanland from all over the world: witches, werewolves, zombies, vampires, mummies, Frankenstein and, of course, Count Dracula himself. This year, there will be not one, but two Halloween late nights, on 23 and 30 October.

Dates: 16 to 24 October inclusive and 30 October to 7 November inclusive.

SPECIAL OFFER – return for only 9€: NEW!

Besides the other special offers connected with specific events, Bobbejaanland will be making a promotional offer all year long: anyone who visits the park can buy a ticket during their day here for a return visit costing just 9€. With this return ticket, you can visit again on any date during the season: an unmissable saving of 22€ for all adults!

SEASON TICKET: NEW!

The prices of Bobbejaanland season tickets have NOT increased! Quite the opposite, the season tickets offer even better value for money at the same price! With a Bobbejaanland season ticket, you can not only enjoy the most pleasant attractions and many events in the park, but you also get free admission to 6 parks in the Parques Reunidos group, and you receive a fantastic 50% discount at various parks in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands, including the Antwerp Zoo, Boudewijn Seapark, Paradisio, Movie Park Germany and Phantasialand. What is new this year is that your season ticket gets you a discount on the catering in the park too. This makes the Bobbejaanland season ticket the unbeatable 'best deal' on the market.

B2B - Support Events: NEW!

For groups and companies, Bobbejaanland has already been working together with Support Events for some time. Together, they organise teambuilding or group events where everyone get to meet, with the emphasis on fun, adrenaline and team spirit. This year, what is on offer has been greatly expanded. ‘Bobbejaanland for sale!’, an interactive game where the aim is to become the owner of as many Bobbejaanland shows as possible, now has 4 younger brothers: Crack the code, Bobbie’s' Teamchallenge, Run Bobbie… run, and Gold Rush. The attractions are and remain the most important part of each concept: instead of experiencing all the attractions individually, these concepts are designed to generate team spirit. Thanks to the expansion in the range of packages on offer, there are now teambuilding exercises for large and small groups, lasting either half or a whole day, and for a low budget too, starting from 40 € per person. So Bobbejaanland offers a fun and adrenaline-increasing event, tailor-made for any company or association, and to suit every budget.

1547393905_Screenshot2010-03-22at12_38_14PM.jpg.beb7d1fd3ed043ee6ac24c0475d686fa.jpg

• 1 month later...

Bobbejaanland has sent us a press release about their new show, Zorro!

Zorro comes to Bobbejaanland!

The world's most pleasant country is staging a new international horse show starting 30 April

Lichtaart, 28 April 2010 - Bobbejaanland has a reputation to uphold when it comes to horse shows. That is why, year after year, we have always put the necessary time and money into offering visitors a fantastic horse show, and this year too, we have opted for top quality. From 30 April until the end of August, the world's most pleasant country will be staging a show based on the world-famous figure of Don Diego de la Vega, better known as Zorro, and his black steed Tornado.

This new international show gives a specific interpretation of the legend of Zorro, and casts an original light on his relationship with Dona Esperança. The performance starts with a masked lady who is sitting in the audience, and who attracts our hero's attention. Zorro approaches her, but she steals his horse and makes off into the distance. Zorro absolutely wants to find out who she is, but that entails the risk that his identity will be unmasked, which he wants to avoid at all costs. What follows is a thrilling sequence of dance, acrobatics, heroic duelling, roman riding and spectacular horse stuns, with spectacular fire and light effects, and a surprising ending. Who is this mysterious young lady, and is Zorro showing us his real face?

The show is produced by Antonio Giarola and the leading role is played by Gregory Ancelotti, showman and record holder in the Guinness book of World Records: he has travelled the longest distance on a horse while the horse was on its hind legs. You can see the video clip on You Tube by clicking on the following link:

The ‘Zorro’ show lasts about 25 to 30 minutes and can be seen every weekend and public holiday from 30 April to 30 June in the Horse Arena at the cowboy village. From 1 July to 29 August, the show will be playing daily, with 1 or 2 performances per day, depending how busy the park is.

Last year, the horse show at Bobbejaanland attracted no fewer than 280,000 spectators.

Besides that, the Clown Show is back on the programme this year. The show by the Latvian clown family will be in Kinderland from 1 May to 31 August, enthralling young and old with their conjuring tricks, gags and antics. A surefire hit with not just the tiny tots, but the whole family!

zorro_lores.jpg.84a7c76e18766211723dcca16c30d90c.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Is Zorro bigger in Europe than it is here. I mean, I know who Zorro is and everything, but not nearly enough to feel interest to see as stage show. I mean, I am sure the stunts will be okay, but Zorro is a little to old school, at least I think it would be for the United States.

Is Zorro bigger in Europe than it is here. I mean, I know who Zorro is and everything, but not nearly enough to feel interest to see as stage show. I mean, I am sure the stunts will be okay, but Zorro is a little to old school, at least I think it would be for the United States.

Bobbejaanland is pretty oldschool as well . And the former owner (Bobbejaan Schoepen) made country music and quite a lot of the theming is/used to be cowboy/far west/horses-related.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/1703/Bobbejaanland_founder_dies.html

Bobbejaan Schoepen, the founder of Bobbejaanland in Belgium, passed away on May 17, the day after his 85th birthday.

Born as Modest Schoepen on May 16, 1925, the blacksmith’s son forged a musical career and went on to become Belgium’s most popular country recording artist. There may not have been much competition for the title, but this does not take away from his achievements. A keen whistler and yodeller, he represented Belgium at the 1957 Eurovision Song Contest.

Tired of touring, Schoepen built his own theatre in 1960 on marshland near the town of Lichtaart. A year later Bobbejaanland was born. Over the years it grew to become one of Europe’s most popular amusement parks, in an area that features a particularly rich concentration of parks and attractions.

Bobbejaan continued to perform at the park regularly until his latter years, and encouraged three of his children to work there. Son Jacky, who eventually became general manager, left soon after his parents sold out to the Spanish Parques Reunidos group in 2004. The park retains Bobbejaan’s name to this day, and only last year he released a comeback album.

• 2 months later...

Bobbejaanland will add a spinning coaster in 2011.

Roller Coaster: unknown

Amusement Park: Bobbejaanland (Lichtaart, Antwerp, Belgium)

Classification: Roller Coaster

Type: Steel - Sit Down

Make / Model: Maurer Söhne / Other / Xtended SC 3000

Categories: Spinning Cars

Length: 2034' 1"

Height: 68' 11"

Inversions: 0

Link

Great addition for the park. With all of the wacky theming at the park, I'd love to see what they could theme a spinning coaster to.

Also, isn't the SC 3000 model the one that is at Chessington that TPR gave rave reviews about? If so, how would it compare to the Whirlwind at Seabreeze (SC 2000 model)? I'd love to know since I absolutely loved Whirlwind. The layout was intense and the spinning was just sensational. Much better than the Gerstlauer models in my opinion.

Also, isn't the SC 3000 model the one that is at Chessington that TPR gave rave reviews about? If so, how would it compare to the Whirlwind at Seabreeze (SC 2000 model)? I'd love to know since I absolutely loved Whirlwind. The layout was intense and the spinning was just sensational. Much better than the Gerstlauer models in my opinion.

SC3000 is Maurer Söhne's 'custom series' of their spinning coaster. All the SC 3000 models are different, unlike the SC 2000, which are all the same model.

Whenever a new park 'decides' to get an SC 3000, I always get excited. It's always great to see a new 'custom' version of their spinning coaster.

^Wait, they took the double mouse out!?!? I either didn't know this or totally forgot about it! Either way I'm happy...that ride ate my sunglasses in 2005!!!

Also, if that ride is gone and has an empty footprint that seems like a pretty good idea for where to put the new spinner. (Note: I'm assuming Europeans are smarter than Americans and will realize it's a different ride!)

^They took out one of the two sides in 09.. So half of the lot is now empty space.

and no.. i would not count on it...

small update, after some searching i found the following info: the ride is coming to the spot where the Bobby Drop was located and Mambo will be (re)moved for this...

Edited by Hhappy

^They took out one of the two sides in 09.. So half of the lot is now empty space.

and no.. i would not count on it...

small update, after some searching i found the following info: the ride is coming to the spot where the Bobby Drop was located and Mambo will be (re)moved for this...

That would make more sense. And that is also a fairly large amount of space for a spinning wild mouse.

--James

• 3 months later...