Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 988: "Christmas in Hershey" 2018 offerings announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: The Hersheypark Discussion Thread

Postby HPCrazy » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:51 pm

It's the same list as always, just Fahrenheit is now on there. ;) I hope to get up there for that again before my friend and I go in June. Still not as good as HP in the Dark goes though.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby YoshiFan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:11 pm

Nice, to see more coasters open. I am hoping to go on Easter Sunday this year. I tried to go last year, the high winds kept me away since it was also cold out then in 2008 or 2007, it was in the 30's that day and only Comet and SDL opened but if it was warmer I still would have gone. I really want to try to go to the park on a slow day since I never have a chance to marathon ride at Hershey and I hear Easter is always empty.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby HPCrazy » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:19 pm

I wouldn't really say that they have more coasters open, just one. Storm Runner usually runs (except last year) so Fahrenheit is really the only new one running. Last year on Saturday, they had to open up Midway unnannounced because of Harley Davidson's thing being that day, which made the place super crowded. I had planned on making Comet my first wooden coaster of the season, but that quickly changed to Lightning Racer when I saw it was running.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coasterkid495 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:00 am

Well didn't they refurbish Storm Runner last year?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:00 am

I usually go to Springtime in the Park every year. A lot of years they open the entire park. Least from my experience.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby impf » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:31 pm

I'm going to the Hershey Park in August and sleep in in the Hershey Lodge. Now I have two questions:

1. Has anybody used the Hotel Shuttle from Harrisburg Amtrak Station? What's the price for the shuttle and what's the price for a taxi?

2. Does the Hershey Lodge provide baggage storage. I will leave the park in the evening. So I need to store my baggage after check out.

Many thanks for your help
Daniel

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:42 pm

Hersheypark has sent us a new press release about their special discounts created solely for the month of March.

March is traditionally known for its “madness,” but this year it will be known for its “sweetness” as http://www.Hersheypark.com unveils the deepest discounts ever available on Hersheypark tickets. From March 1 through March 31, visitors to http://www.Hersheypark.com can participate in “March Sweetness,” an opportunity to score the sweetest ticket prices to Hersheypark and the best value on Hershey Resorts accommodations. All tickets and accommodations purchased through March Sweetness must be used by July 1, 2010. The earlier the purchase is made, the greater the savings on Hersheypark tickets. A maximum of ten tickets is allowed per transaction. Pricing is as follows:

· March 1 to 7, tickets are $20 off regular admission
· March 8 to 14, tickets are $18 off regular admission
· March 15 to 21, tickets are $16 off regular admission
· March 22 to 31, tickets are $14 off regular admission

In addition, vacationers wishing to stay overnight in Hershey also can score sweet savings with our Kid’s Stay, Play and Eat FREE Package at the best price of the season. Available at both The Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge, packages offer one-day complimentary admission to Hersheypark for the entire family; free breakfast for kids 17 and younger (staying in the same room with a paying adult); and admission to Hershey Gardens and The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue. Prices start at $295* at Hershey Lodge and $395* at The Hotel Hershey.

Sweet savings are just part of the online fun, as http://www.Hersheypark.com hosts its own March Sweetness Tournament featuring the beloved Hershey’s Product Characters in their sweet brand of basketball action. The tournament kicks-off March 1 on the website, and visitors are encouraged to participate by picking who they think will win the tournament. Videos of the basketball action will be posted on the site and updates of the action will be reported via Twitter to website viewers. At the conclusion of the tournament, a grand prize will randomly be awarded to the online participants who picked the tournament winners.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:13 am

Hersheypark has sent us their latest press release about Springtime in the Park.

Hersheypark is busy putting the finishing touches on “Springtime in the Park.” This year the annual celebration is scheduled for April 2 through 4 and April 10 and 11, two weekends that provide perfect opportunities to gather the family and enjoy an exciting preview of the 2010 Park season.

Hersheypark will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, April 2 and on Saturdays, April 3 and 10. On Sundays, April 4 and 11, Hersheypark will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (The Park will not be open to the public on Friday, April 9.) One-price admission offers access to more than 40 of the Park’s rides, admission to live entertainment shows, and entrance to ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park. Select games, retail shops and food venues also will be open.

Admission will be $23.95 for ages 9 to 54, $15.95 for ages 3 to 8 and ages 55 and older, and free for children 2 and younger. Consecutive-day and group admission plans will be available, and a parking fee will be charged. Tickets may be purchased in advance online at http://www.Hersheypark.com or at participating Giant Foods stores in the Hershey and Harrisburg area after March 27. The website will list all participating Giant Foods stores.

Entertainment choices during Springtime in the Park will include:

·Friday, April 2: Mark DeRose Band in the Hersheypark Amphitheatre and “Our Friends From the Sea: An Educational Sea Lion Experience” in the Aquatheatre
·Saturday, April 3: Chris Linn, “America’s Magical Funnyman,” in the Hersheypark Amphitheatre and “Our Friends From the Sea: An Educational Sea Lion Experience” in the Aquatheatre
·Sunday, April 4: Chris Linn, “America’s Magical Funnyman,” in the Hersheypark Amphitheatre and “Our Friends From the Sea: An Educational Sea Lion Experience” in the Aquatheatre
·Saturday, April 10: 5th Element Band in the Hersheypark Amphitheatre and “Our Friends From the Sea: An Educational Sea Lion Experience” in the Aquatheatre
·Sunday, April 11: Nightwind in the Hersheypark Amphitheatre and “Our Friends From the Sea: An Educational Sea Lion Experience” in the Aquatheatre

In addition, other Hershey attractions – The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue; Hershey Gardens; and Hershey’s Chocolate World – will be open, providing guests with even more entertainment options during their visit.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:42 pm

The ride list on their website now includes the rides in Midway America!

(22:06:18) ajc47: who are the obnoxious ones? (22:07:16) tatertot3710: Mr. Starr, jeremie, deathbydinn

Postby tatertot3710 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:48 pm

Fahrenheit is gone!
Last Credit: Stinger (Dorney Park, 4/28) -- Bringing coaster count to 83

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!