TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

From my experience riding Wildcat (@HP) with and without PTC trains, Millenium Flyers may be the best thing to happen to this coaster.

If it does eventually use the Flyers, Gwazi may almost be good as Lightning Racer! Smooth and Re-Rideable!

Good to see Busch keeping thier coasters in good shape!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/crime/police-charge-busch-gardens-cashier-in-theft-of-ticket-money/1078244

When Busch Gardens heard that a cashier was voiding sales and pocketing ticket money, the company set up a sting with Tampa police.

An undercover officer tried to get the employee to void a sale Sunday, but it didn't work. Later in the day, as police watched, the guest services worker voided another transaction and kept $50 in cash, authorities said.

Police arrested Stephanie Jones Jolly, 44, of Temple Terrace, charging her with third-degree grand theft, petty theft and organized fraud. In the past 30 days, police said, she stole $610 by making fraudulent transactions. In custody, police said, she admitted to committing the same scheme since she began working at Busch Gardens in 2008. She told investigators she stole about $25,000 in total.

Adult admission to the park ranges from $69.95 for annual Florida resident passes to $74.95 for Florida visitors.

Busch Gardens declined to comment on Jolly or their own investigation. "We have zero tolerance for criminal acts committed on Busch Gardens' property," Greg Smith, spokesman for Busch Gardens' owner, SeaWorld Parks and Entertainment, said in a statement. "We are cooperating fully with law enforcement on this matter. As a matter of policy we do not comment on our security measures."

Jolly was released from the Hillsborough County jail after she posted $9,750 bail. State records show Jolly was arrested on a worthless check charge in 1991 and received three months' probation. No one answered her door or phone on Monday and she did not return messages.

You know, I may not post much, but I remember back on the Midwest trip (like 2007); the GCI guys visited and I asked whether or not Gwazi would get Millennium Flyers in the future. They responded "We'll see, we're working on it." So glad this came to fruition! I haven't rode Gwazi since 2006 and it gave me a killer headache afterward. It aged like milk really fast.

But with Millennium Flyers, I hope Gwazi is enjoyable again. Millennium Flyer trains are comfortable compared to the PTC trains and should put less wear and tear on the wood.

I need to get back to Busch soon anyways. Haven't been there in forever. Also want to see more come out of the 2011 project rumbling about.

I rode Kumba, Montu and Sheikra (twice) in the dark back in January (yes, it was only 6pm but it got dark real quick there) and the frozen faces and hands were worth it cos they were all great in the dark. As was the Skyride.

And the cold had chased off about 90% of the other park-goers once the sun had started to set, so zero queueing!

^ Maybe.

Its still tentative, but pretty sure they will be used in the near future. Hopefully when they announce the Maverick-ish ride that is rumored, they will also announce new trains.

BTW. That news story is quite interesting. It will definitely be in Carl Hiassen's next novel.

I think the woman posted bail. Pocketed the 25k, and headed to Georgia.Time to call in The DOG!

Haha, I doubt Busch is saying anything about the trains. If anything happens, it will just operate like normal, with the new trains. It's not something really announcement worthy. Here's my problem, how come when tiger was in re-hab it didn't get new trains. Both sides are different tracks, so It's not like they can assume if it improves the experience on one it would work magically on the other. They would have to close tiger to test trains. So I'm wondering why they didn't do it during re-hab. Hmmmmmmm, wonder wonder wonder.

I, too, was wondering that about Tiger... I was really disappointed when I returned to BGT after the Tiger re-track and they were still running the PTC trains... My hopes of MF trains were pretty much shattered... the ride did run seemingly a bit smoother (but it was a REALLY cold day, which probably helped...) but still wished it was a Millenium Flyer... And now with the testing of the MF train on the Lion side, if all goes (fingers crossed tightly) well, will Tiger infact have to shut down all over again?... I'm all for it, but seems a bit backwards to me... either way, I'm drooling over the possibility...

^ No it is a layout of a new breed. Montu and Gwazi had an affair with storm rummer and maverick and somehow we are getting a wooden launching flying coaster with 13 inversions and splashdowns.

But in all seriousness, apparently from some rumors it is a path that will eventually lead to something else

So are we sure this is a coaster? I would not think that they would build something that ran out into the animal exhibit areas because of noise and disturbing the animals. It also says their is going to be some interaction with the animals? I'm confused...

BGT works with magic...but I think those Markers are more for something else. I dunno really. We just have to play and see.

I hope we don't have to wait until 2012 for this coaster. With retracking Gwazi (maybe flyers), work on Kumba, and the animal interaction I just had a bad feeling about it. That's quite a bit for 1 year. Could we get a new coaster too? The sale is looking ok to me. What kind of beer do these guys make?

I forgot about Sesame Street, there are a lot of nice changes coming to the park.

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay has sent us their latest press release regarding American Idol, Jordin Sparks' visit to the park.

Jordin Sparks, winner of the sixth season of American Idol, visited Busch Gardens Tampa Bay over the weekend with her cousins and family to ride roller coasters and hand-feed giraffes on the park’s 65-acre Serengeti Plain.

A reticulated giraffe’s tongue can be up to 14 inches long, and its black coloring provides a natural “sunscreen” to prevent burning as the giraffe grazes for food for hours each day.

Sparks, who was Idol’s youngest winner at 17 years old, followed her victory with the release of a debut album in 2007, which has gone platinum, and the hit single "No Air" with Chris Brown. She won an American Music Award in 2008 and received her first Grammy nomination in 2009.

JordinSparks_BGT.jpg.0809332be42d6714ea216b9bb5a022d0.jpg