TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

It looks like this ride will be a lot more thrilling than the family ride I was expecting. While still appealing to families, which is good for Cedar Point, the ride, especially the drops, look pretty thrilling. It'll be interesting to see the finished ride, but I'm already impressed.

Looking good! I have to say, this looks like a fine replacement for WWL, and I love the area they placed it in. Considering that WWL leaving the park led to the awesome Maverick, and this came in a mere 3 seasons later, I'd say it all worked out pretty well. That's also a rather impressive first drop for a "log flume" type of ride.

Looks great...I do wonder though, how come the second drop is shorter then the first? I've wondered that from day one. I know that higher drop doesn't always mean bigger splash or anything, but to get the big drop out of the way first seems backwards from most Shoot the Rapid type rides...If I am wrong by all means say so, just an observation I made.

^It almost looks like there wouldn't be enough space to put the larger hill second. Millennium Force blocks one end and the railroad and Frontier Trail block the other. It also could be because Cedar Point wanted STR to somewhat look like a roller coaster and all the coasters at CP have the biggest hill first

Wow, this off-season put me so much out of things! STR looks great, and it will definitely stop all the "Dick Kinzel SUXX!!1" comments on the YouTube videos. Flume are kind of like the coaster's cousin too, and this will probably be good filler between the coasters that Cedar Point can't get fast enough. And I'll finally be able to ride a wet ride at CP without getting totally soaked.

Having been to Cedar Point three or four times, I feel that a ride like this was a must for their lineup. This could just be me, but when I go there, I ride only the coasters, mainly because they have little to offer outside of that realm for thrill seekers. This is the only 'non-coaster' ride that is thrilling, and family-orientated at the same time. Also, it won't make me dizzy or sick! I'm extremely excited to see the finished project.

all the coasters at CP have the biggest hill first

Untrue- Ceder Creek Mine Ride's biggest drop is about 1/2 way between the two lifts when it drops down towards the water- and this is not its first drop.

I was wondering what that bridge was for in the photos- then it dawned on me that it must be to evac the ride if necessary.

all the coasters at CP have the biggest hill first

Untrue- Ceder Creek Mine Ride's biggest drop is about 1/2 way between the two lifts when it drops down towards the water- and this is not its first drop.

I was wondering what that bridge was for in the photos- then it dawned on me that it must be to evac the ride if necessary.

I said hill, not drop

actually yes, i completely forgot, these are the first photos ive seen of the ride and damn it looks fun! does anyone know what hill comes first? by the looks of the pictures, it looks like the bigger hill is first, then the small hill. i hope im wrong as i think it would be best to have the bigger hill after the small one but who knows

And I'll finally be able to ride a wet ride at CP without getting totally soaked.

If you watch the animation, looks like this ride will get you soaked completely.

Hopefully will be a warm morning at Coastermania.....

actually yes, i completely forgot, these are the first photos ive seen of the ride and damn it looks fun! does anyone know what hill comes first? by the looks of the pictures, it looks like the bigger hill is first, then the small hill. i hope im wrong as i think it would be best to have the bigger hill after the small one but who knows

Yes, the bigger hill comes before the smaller hill.

In regards to the splash, the boats are the same ones used on Pilgrims Plunge at Holiday World. When they announced it, Holiday World said that it was going to make the biggest splash ever and yet it doesn't. Does anybody think that Cedar Point may have the same problems in regards to the splash size?