TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

What are the crowds usually like this time of the year? I'll be heading there on Tuesday March 2nd. Also it has been a few years since I've been to BGA & I don't remember if there are single rider lines or not (I'll be going alone)?

No single riders queue

But It shouldn't be that busy. The weekdays are pretty slow, you will get everything done

^ Dang it! I was relying on using those for my trip since I'll be the only one on the big coasters.

Does Busch Gardens let you pick your seat or are you assigned?

You get to pick wherever you want to ride.

If scorpion has a big line, you will get assigned, But if it is not busy you can pick wherever. Or if there is a big line and you want a certain seat (front or back) just ask the op they MAY let you wait for the next coaster to get on that seat.

But I am pretty sure it wont busy

What are the crowds usually like this time of the year? I'll be heading there on Tuesday March 2nd. Also it has been a few years since I've been to BGA & I don't remember if there are single rider lines or not (I'll be going alone)?

No single riders queue

But It shouldn't be that busy. The weekdays are pretty slow, you will get everything done

Thanks yeah I thought that BGA didn't have single rider lines. Oh well 2005 was the last time I was there I remember because it was Sheikra's opening year so I still have not ridden that floor less but I rode Griffon so I have an idea on what it is like with no floor. Just checked the weather & there is an 80% chance of rain for most of the day which should make the park even more empty.

Photos of Millenium Flyer trains sitting on Gwazi's transfer track have surfaced courtesy of BGTGuide. I have posted a sample of the photos, but visit the link below to view the entire report.

http://bgtguide.com/bgt/gwazitrain

2049862272_Screenshot2010-03-05at11_11_01PM.jpg.be0a19810aee50d1bed44e4257565a20.jpg

1057697230_Screenshot2010-03-05at11_11_18PM.jpg.85f791bc5ab426eb462bf0796fe5fa86.jpg

More photos click this link: http://bgtguide.com/bgt/gwazitrain

^Well, Millennium Flyers only have one belt per row so even if they did keep it, it should (theoretically) go faster.

I really liked Gwazi the first time I rode it in late Feb of 07 (then again it was Florida's coldest day in a while apparently) but could definitely feel the hurt when I tried it again in October of that same year, so hopefully it'll ride a lot better.

This is fantastic! This should definitely improve the overall ride experience. I absolutely hated Gwazi with PTC's and judging by the lack of people in line for it everytime I visited, most people did too. The next step is to actually have them duel now

This is just another great reason to visit the park in 2011!...way to go BGA!!!

This is awesome and great timing for me since I'm going up for the first time in late June. While the layout doesn't seem as good as some of the other GCIs, it still looks decent. Hopefully the new trains will make it a lot smoother and give it some air time.

Is this a borrowed train from another park?I hear that it is so they can determine if they'll make the switch.I don't understand why they would even need to test the new trains,only if they haven't ridden the coaster lately,my last 2 rides have been downright painful.I used to love this ride,it was shaky but tolerable shaky now it just hurts.

This can only mean great news!

I actually really liked Gwazi when it first opened. But on subsequent trips, it just has fallen to the wayside. Hopefully now it wont be the Black Sheep of GCI anymore...

Actually, Im pretty sure the Tiger side was my First wooden coaster...

^I would guess these are new. Hersheypark's Wildcat got new Millennium Flyers when they replaced their PTC's. Which brings up a good point; Wildcat was pretty rough even after they got the Millennium Flyers. The track damage from the PTC's was still there. Now I didn't get to ride it before the changed the trains, but from what I heard it was a lot worse. Gwazi will certainly be better with the new trains, but by no means perfect unless some serious track work is done to fix the damage. The biggest difference between PTC's and Millennium Flyers on an identical track layout can be noticed by riding Roar at SFA (PTC's) and SFDK's Roar (Millennium Flyers). Even on a bad day, SFDK's was still far more enjoyable than SFA's. I'm wondering what will happen to these PTC trains now that they are out of use. Maybe they will go to another ride for replacement trains like Hershey sent Wildcat's trains to Lake Compounce for Boulder Dash, or spare parts.

^I would guess these are new. Hersheypark's Wildcat got new Millennium Flyers when they replaced their PTC's. Which brings up a good point; Wildcat was pretty rough even after they got the Millennium Flyers. The track damage from the PTC's was still there. Now I didn't get to ride it before the changed the trains, but from what I heard it was a lot worse. Gwazi will certainly be better with the new trains, but by no means perfect unless some serious track work is done to fix the damage. The biggest difference between PTC's and Millennium Flyers on an identical track layout can be noticed by riding Roar at SFA (PTC's) and SFDK's Roar (Millennium Flyers). Even on a bad day, SFDK's was still far more enjoyable than SFA's. I'm wondering what will happen to these PTC trains now that they are out of use. Maybe they will go to another ride for replacement trains like Hershey sent Wildcat's trains to Lake Compounce for Boulder Dash, or spare parts.

BGA has been re-tracking many sections on the ride since it when down in feb (or jan?) So I guess they did it to get it ready for the new trains. I heard they are only testing them

Did anyone see the Cheetah Picture?

bgtguide.com/

Some Say it may be a clue to something new

www.floridathrills.net/content/attachments/1305d1267688597-jpg.html