TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Dominion (KD) Discussion Thread

Let us not forget Fabio . Honestly I am just happy that parks these days are getting rides and what not. I honestly once saw a guy attempt bringing a duffle bag on a coaster with him ,now imagine that in the front row hitting someone in the back row going 60+. Not good, I have been hit with cell phones, money, ball point pens, wallets, hats and more. Its not fun at all. I got off Steel Force at Dorney park one day with a bloody nose because some kid thought it would be funny to attempt bringing a mini camcorder on the ride and lost it on the way up the second hill.

All in all I find 305 is gonna be interesting either way you look at it. Pro's vs Cons.

^Agreed on the loose articles. If you've ever been hit in the face with a quarter on the back stretch of Magnum, you'll understand why.

I hear you, as I've been hit by choose change on El Toro, and it didn't fly out of someone's pocket. The person threw the change in the air because he thought it was cool.

I think these restraints are fine. Sure, plain T-bars are cool, but if these will allow more people to ride and save even one person from being thrown out, then they're worth it. I don't see how padded flexible straps are going to be a huge inconvenience. I'd prefer the feeling of security.

^Agreed on the loose articles. If you've ever been hit in the face with a quarter on the back stretch of Magnum, you'll understand why.

I agree on the loose article policy as well! Once I was on Xcelerator at KBF, and the lady a couple seats in front of me lost some loose change on the top hat. I was hit in the hand by a quarter, and I almost got hit in the eye by a penny.

Totally agree - except for me its El Toro on the first drop, and a phone instead of a quarter.

For those who have been on Tornado - will the shoulder straps effect the airtime on the ride very much? How restricting are the straps? That is probably my only real concern at this point.

Tornado's straps had some "give" to them, so I doubt they'd affect airtime any more than standard OTSRs would (probably not as much). But we'll know for certain in a few months.

Ok . . . I am usually not one to complain. I personally don't have a problem with the restraints on Maverick... for the most part, and even though this is not the same restraint as Maverick, the lapbar part is the same, and we all know how by the end of Maverick you have lost the circulation to your legs, I can only imagine how much worse it will be on I-305. Other than that I see no problem with the new restraints. Just be glad they are the "soft fabric" rather than the Maverick style!

~Matthew

Let us not forget Fabio . Honestly I am just happy that parks these days are getting rides and what not. I honestly once saw a guy attempt bringing a duffle bag on a coaster with him ,now imagine that in the front row hitting someone in the back row going 60+. Not good, I have been hit with cell phones, money, ball point pens, wallets, hats and more. Its not fun at all. I got off Steel Force at Dorney park one day with a bloody nose because some kid thought it would be funny to attempt bringing a mini camcorder on the ride and lost it on the way up the second hill.

All in all I find 305 is gonna be interesting either way you look at it. Pro's vs Cons.

What about Flight of fear?! Ive been told by ride ops more than once to take my bag with me while riding the one at KI! Seems to be standard operating procedure! Does the one at KD "operate with bags" as well?!

Sure beats the original atrocities that destroyed the sides of my head on Storm Runner.

I don't know what I'm doing differently when I ride Storm Runner but I've probably been on that ride 40 - 50 times in every seat on the train and never once hit my head on anything.

Sure beats the original atrocities that destroyed the sides of my head on Storm Runner.

I don't know what I'm doing differently when I ride Storm Runner but I've probably been on that ride 40 - 50 times in every seat on the train and never once hit my head on anything.

It happens to me at the end of the ride, that little twist/turn section after the flying snake dive. It doesn't help that I'm kinda short (5'7"), but even if I brace myself for it, the change of direction still manages to bash my head off of one of the bars.

The restraints often smash down extremely hard into your thighs at the bottom of the first drop and/or the beginning of the launch.

Maverick is my favorite coaster, regardless, but I won't deny that those hard lap bars hurt my legs when they push down like that.

Hint of advice with Maverick: when you load into and throughout the ride, have your legs sitting normal. When you get to the final brakes, cross your legs. It relieves the pressure from the lap bar and makes it more comfortable to sit in the seats. Trust me, after countless morning test rides there's definitely a trick to riding it and not getting hurt. After all those rides (read: hundreds of them), I never once lost circulation in my legs.

What about Flight of fear?! Ive been told by ride ops more than once to take my bag with me while riding the one at KI! Seems to be standard operating procedure! Does the one at KD "operate with bags" as well?!

KI has that policy on most their rides - you need to take belongings with you. KD has a room for bags by the station/exit still.

I doubt that Intimidator 305 will have the forces that we experienced on Tornado or Insane. (I was giggling when I saw those pictures again). Insane has extreme vertical forces, Tornado has extreme laterals with pops of airtime. Neither was uncomfortable.

These new restraints are really well designed.

I'm not small by any means (6'2" and over 200 lbs), and have never had any problems on Maverick regarding my legs. I consider Maverick to have fairly comfortable seats and restraints. This is coming from someone who can't even ride Wildcat at CP because it has little to no leg room whatsoever, and whose knees are jammed into the seat in front.

I think I305's restraints will be just fine. And if someone doesn't like them or has a problem with them, then here's a tip...don't ride it!

^Parks generally don't send out invites to media days without actual dates, or at the very least tell you how to find that information if it's just a teaser, so I wouldn't say he was trying to be an ass by any means. The fact of the matter is many members on here really would have no idea what day the media day is scheduled for. You should drop the attitude as well. No need to get defensive over something so minor.

In fact, if you got invited to the media day...you could contribute to this thread by showing us all the press mailer. Perhaps it is cool, or has some new information?