Worlds of Fun (WOF) Discussion Thread

P. 362: Timber Wolf gets an 70° over banked turn in 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Neil Peart makes me erect

Postby DiSab » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:12 am

steel wrote: Relentless and butter smooth.

That's what she said!

One thing I'm wondering from the regulars to WoF - has Prowler gotten better since it's opened? I know some people have said Terminator has been steadily getting better since opening, as it breaks in. I'm wondering if Prowler has been doing the same. From the reviews it gave close to opening, I can't imagine how crazy it must be if it has broken in over the last month and a half or so.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Jive » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:58 am

It has gotten better. It feels a little looser (not in a rough kind of way).

I hadn't been on in it a couple of weeks when my wife and I rode this past Sunday and when we hit the brakes we both had our mouths open is disbelief.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby Koolkid » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:10 am

I wish the UK would get a woodie like this , I can't even remember the last time a woodie was built here :(

This looks insane and that video makes it look unbelievable just how fast it is in some parts.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby sixflagsjunkie88 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:31 pm

In the week time difference between my rides, there was a noticeable difference in intensity, hopefully I get to ride this again in the next month or so, I am going through Prowler withdraw!

Postby Jive » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:47 pm

This isn't a full on trip report. I was working on a video project for the park and took the DSLR along for fun.

Here's a little late season Prowler love.

2nd hill

3rd hill/s-turn entrance

Beginning of super awesome fun time/double down

Double up through the lift

Double down again
Image :devil:

Worlds of Fun is Adding a Starlight Experience

Postby Jive » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:33 pm

http://www.worldsoffun.com/public/news/whatsnew.cfm

After spending the day conquering acres of thrilling rides at Kansas City’s amusement park, relax and enjoy the warm summer breeze surrounded by stunning light. The sparkling beauty of Worlds of Fun at night comes alive with the addition of Snoopy’s Hot Summer Lights, an immersive light and sound experience starring everyone’s favorite PEANUTS characters and their summertime adventures, new in 2010.

Featuring over 2 million LED lights, the colorful canopy invites guests to explore a breathtaking display the entire family will enjoy. The world-famous Woodstock leads a fun-filled adventure through the Africa and Europa sections of the park, which is host to the PEANUTS characters enjoying the outdoors. Along the lighted walkway, larger than life replicas of Snoopy and the gang invite guests to interact in displays and games featuring summertime favorites like picnics, campfires, and sports.

The shimmering midways make a perfect backdrop for family photos and video of this amazing visual display. Guests will be immersed in the attraction through the use of cutting edge special effects and sound design, and can also interact with fantasy characters like giant fireflies, swimming sea creatures, and colorful caterpillars.

“Snoopy’s Hot Summer Lights will be the perfect way for our guest to end their day in the park,” states Frank Wilburn, Vice President and General Manager at Worlds of Fun. “Everyone in the family will enjoy the sights and sounds of summer throughout this dramatic display.”

Custom designed for Worlds of Fun by EMMY® Award-Winning RWS and Associates, New York, New York, Snoopy’s Hot Summer Lights is a one million dollar investment. The show is designed using a diverse mixture of low energy and high efficiency LED lighting. LED lights reduce the emission of carbon dioxide and do not contain mercury. The LED displays are supplemented by a variety of professional lighting designs and audio soundtracks throughout the attraction.

Snoopy’s Hot Summer Lights will debut Friday, June 4, 2010, and will run through September 5, 2010. The display will begin daily at sunset and remain open until park closing time. Worlds of Fun opens for its 38th season on Saturday, April 17, 2010.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Worlds Of Fun Discussion Thread

Postby TC Ridesalot » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:46 am

Hip Hip huray!!! We get lights this year! Sounds like a great thing to atract a crowd when a new massive waterpark is setting up across town. No new water ride at OOF, no new ride at WOF. Lets see-GWL put a triple tornado in and SV is adding phase 2 and 3 this year. Yea, CF is doing a great job! If I want to see lights I will go to the Plaza, I want flat rides!!!!!!!!

Postby Jive » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:51 am

The lights certainly aren't the most exciting addition but it will probably keep families there a little later, which means extra dough.

And I wouldn't get my hopes up regarding new phases at SVV this summer. I think that they're additions will be a bit more modest.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:29 pm

I had the pleasure of riding Prowler yesterday and wanted to make a few comments.

It's definitely one of the better GCIIs. It has nice airtime, great pacing (read: goes very fast the whole time), and a wonderful "out-of-control" sensation going on.

But, is it really a top 10 woodie that is better than Phoenix and half of the Intamin woodies? No. Not really. I'd be really surprised if it stays in the top 10 this year.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby angryemobeaver » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:38 pm

ginzo wrote:I had the pleasure of riding Prowler yesterday and wanted to make a few comments.

It's definitely one of the better GCIIs. It has nice airtime, great pacing (read: goes very fast the whole time), and a wonderful "out-of-control" sensation going on.

But, is it really a top 10 woodie that is better than Phoenix and half of the Intamin woodies? No. Not really. I'd be really surprised if it stays in the top 10 this year.

Hey, I was there too! Prowler was my favorite GCII also, but I've only ridden one side of Gwazi and Thunderhead besides Prowler... It's in my top 10, but only because I've only ridden 36 woodies so far.

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=56088
^Heres my Photo TR!
I have a hard time ranking coasters so here are just some of my favorites
|Intimidator 305|Maverick|Skyrush|Voyage|Shivering Timbers|Goliath SFOG|Fahrenheit|Banshee|Mystery Mine|Cornball Express|Cheetah Hunt|

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!