Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 650 - The Joker Wild Card announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:51 pm

As great as it is for a park to become more family friendly by adding a kids area, I think it is a little late for the Wiggles. At Great America, I often hear families asking"do kids still watch the wiggles?" Granted, the area is popular with the kids, but that is because of the rides, not the theme. I just hope it is spread out more than Great America's, because it is pretty crowded back in Wiggles World/County Fair.

Open Up Happiness

Re: Six Flags Fiesta Texas Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:59 am

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has announced their latest park additions for the 2010 season on their website.

http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/info/News_2010SeasonOpener.aspx

Six Flags Fiesta Texas, America’s favorite show park, kicks off 2010 with an array of award-winning shows, a complement of thrilling and family rides and a special Play Pass offer providing unlimited visits at a one-day price! The new season will feature all this in addition to a free water park in the summer and the seasonal offerings of Fright Fest in October and Holiday in the Park for the winter season.

As part of the extended season long celebration, Six Flags Fiesta Texas will offer a line-up of new shows and attractions that provide top-tier entertainment as well as guest benefits that ensure a value-packed experience for the entire family. Some of the major headlines this season include:

All-New Shows - recognized for 10 consecutive years by Amusement Today, the nation’s leading industry publication, for having the Best Theme Park Shows in the Country, this season promises to be another banner year as Six Flags Fiesta Texas presents an exciting slate of new and returning shows alike. New for this season:

Ritmos del Corazon – a musical celebration with talented singers and live musicians performing Latin favorites at Teatro Fiesta.

Straight Country – Join our performers and live band for a tribute to some favorite Bluegrass and Country classics.

Dick Clark’s Face the Music – Take a trip down memory lane and compete with your friends in this interactive trivia show presented at Sangerfest Halle.

Wiggles World returns – an exciting play area for kids with uniquely themed rides and attractions, including The Big Red Car, The Big Red Plane and the imagination inspiring S.S. Feathersword’s Playship structure. The area features The Wiggles' cast of supporting characters — Dorothy the Dinosaur, Captain Feathersword, Wags the Dog and Henry the Octopus — in the family favorite show, "Get Ready to Wiggle."

The STARBURST® Summer Concert Series is back by popular demand - Some of the industry’s hottest acts including Mitchel Musso (date TBD) and Jeremy Camp on June 25. Concerts presented in Lone Star Lil’s Amphitheater and are free with park admission or a Season Pass.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Six Flags Fiesta Texas has added a special event to its calendar in honor of the 10th Anniversary of Superman Krypton Coaster, taking place on March 6th, 2010.

http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/events/CalendarEvents.aspx

Join the celebration as Six Flags Fiesta Texas commemorates the 10th Anniversary of Superman Krypton Coaster. Wear your favorite Superman paraphernalia on March 6 and receive a discounted admission of only $29.99 (plus tax). Plus, the first 250 people to arrive with Superman paraphernalia will receive a park souvenir and exclusive ride time on Superman Krypton Coaster before the park opens to the public. Gates open at 8:30 a.m.
Screen shot 2010-02-24 at 11.53.44 PM.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

It's A Small World Fanboy

Postby Hang And Bang » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:29 pm

Nice to see them do at least a little something to acknowledge the coaster's anniversary. B&M's best floorless coaster deserves it!

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Screamscape found this ditty of a video that I've never seen before. Apparently posted in 2006?!? I think Six Flags picked the wrong coaster to be revamping, this just doesn't look good. It's Rattler, and it's "swaying". Never heard of this before.
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 pm

"If it doesn't shake, it'll break"

Fabulously FIERCE!

Postby DenDen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:16 pm

SharkTums wrote:"If it doesn't shake, it'll break"

Well, that I know, but I've never seen a ride bend THIS much before.
"To the floor! The only thing that will hold you up when nobody else will!"

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby ArizonaGuy » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:14 am

This isn't a big deal. Since the coaster opened....they not only lowered the first drop, but also raised it quite a bit from the bottom as well. Ever since 1996 the fan curve after the first drop has also been altered several times.

I’m told that there is a definite plan to return The Rattler to it’s former glory, restoring the ride’s first drop to it’s full and intended height as well as other improvements throughout. More when we find out.

As far as them returning the ride's first drop to it's full and intended height........
The Rattler's intended height wasn't what it was supposed to be when it opened in 1992. (it wasn't supposed to be as tall as it was when it opened) It was changed mid-construction to surpass the height of Mean Streak that opened in 1991. (That's why it had an odd "S" shape bend to the left at the top of the lift)

So even though we might see a revamp, it may not be to the first drop that made the coaster infamous for injuries. :b

Aside from my rant....I would LOVE to see this coaster revamped with a better drop, gut the helix, and make it fun again.

At 1:35 you can see an excellent shot of Rattler's 1992 drop. You can also see the original fan curve after the first drop. It's pretty much been somewhat flatted and smoothed out a bit. I believe the last change to the fan curve was just about 3-4 years ago.

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:44 am

DenDen wrote:

It was a very terrible/funny quote from an early 2000's roller coaster show! Not meant to insinuate that you didn't know!

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:49 am

DenDen wrote:

It doesn't do it anymore...during the last 2 seasons they have rebuilt the entire structure at that point (the bottom of the straightaway up the cliff). Still, I really hope this thing gets the same treatment of Giant and we get the original drop back.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!