TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

Applicants must be over 18 and will need to sign a disclaimer regarding physical and mental health. Applicants must be available on 2nd and 3rd March 2010 to attend the assessment and boot camp at the Alton Towers Resort. The best application videos will be showcased on www.facebook.com/altontowers resort for public comment.

In the T&C I just have to wait for the Rules concerning what the video must include before I start work on it. Its not as if i'm short of video either

-Craig

Okay peoples, i'm starting work on my TH13TEEN application videos. Any ideas are more then welcome, post them here or PM me. I will post a selection of videos on to CoasterTube and then you the TPR massive will vote for the one I submit!

The rules are as follows:

You need to upload an application video of yourself to YouTube to apply, and provide a link to the video below. The video must be no longer than 60 seconds, and include answers to the questions:

* Tell us why you deserve to be one of the first people to ride Thirteen?

* Tell us something weird or wonderful about yourself?

-Craig

Bit of info on the Sonic themed hotel suite added to the official site:

Sonic The Hedgehog Room

Spin into the universe of Sonic The Hedgehog in his amazing new themed room. Stay in the famous game level of Green Hill Zone, practise your video gaming skills in the dedicated gaming area with Sonic game library, hunt for the Chaos Emeralds and test Sonic facts!

Is it me, or does anyone else think there'll be a nice pop of air in the back off that first drop? I know the roller skater's use the tyre lift (except for Barnstormer) and they have a considerable pop...

I love the trains, and I love the look of 13. Sure Alton are over hyping it, but it's going to be an interesting ride.

Oh, good luck Craig with your entry.

Applicants must be over 18 and will need to sign a disclaimer regarding physical and mental health. Applicants must be available on 2nd and 3rd March 2010 to attend the assessment and boot camp at the Alton Towers Resort. The best application videos will be showcased on http://www.facebook.com/altontowers resort for public comment.

In the T&C I just have to wait for the Rules concerning what the video must include before I start work on it. Its not as if i'm short of video either

-Craig

Craig - I think you need to be more concerned about the mental health disclaimer.

^ I think the gardens thing was a rumour that started before anything official was announced. It is indeed going between the ticket desks and the monorail station. Here's an excerpt from the planning application:

171471333_CorkscrewEntrance.JPG.55093b32d07bbea5ca1432a557792f70.JPG

That's the ticket desks on the left and the monorail station on the right.

I thought they were going to be part of Corkscrew's theming. Wasn't that a plan too, or just rumour?

I guess you mean Thirteen not Corkscrew, but yes that was just a rumour on various forums.

Also, update on Corkscrew's new paintjob (photo provided by AstroDan from TTF):