Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Lalle555 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Liseberg has announced Quick Pass as "the biggest news of the year"!

I couldn't find it in English but for my fellow swedes here is the page at Liseberg's web page.

A short explanation; anyone that buys a one day unlimited pass will be able to reserve the five biggest attractions in the park at any free time. This means that, in connection with the purchase, you'd have to decide when you want to ride a ride. You can for example book a seat on Balder at 12:00 and later a ride on Flume Ride at 13:30. If you are there at the given time you can walk past the entire line, sit down and enjoy the ride. Only one time on each ride is available for each day pass. The five attractions which offers Quick Pass is; Balder, Kanonen, Lisebergbanan, Flume Ride and Kållerado.

As already mentioned, the say that this is the biggest news of the year; not the only one. But they still haven't announced any new rides or other attractions... I really hope they will!

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:05 am

^ Where did you see that this is the Biggest news this year??
I doubt that we will see any big attraction this year...

Here is something I wrote up about the Quick Pass:

Liseberg have released their take on the "beat the queue" system...

The theory of it is that when you pre-order your wristband on their website, you will be given the option to book your Quick Passes on the 5 attractions that are connected to the system. Well in the park you just have to show up at the designated timeslot and enter the ride through a separate queue.
There is a limited number of Quick Passes on each attraction/day and they are available on a first come basis and that they are offered for free to anyone that pre-orders their wristbands...

Looks like you can get 5 Quick passes on each visit (I guess one/attraction), people with Gold-passes (season pass with Entry and Wristband) won't get them (which is kind of a good thing).

Anyway the attractions that are connected to this system are:
Balder
Lisebergbanan
Kanonen
FlumeRide
Kållerado

What are your views on this??

In Swedish
Press release: Slutköat på Liseberg - Quick Pass är här! - Liseberg
Quick-pass FAQ: Quick Pass - Liseberg

And again in "bad" English from Google:
Press release
FAQ

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby Anac0nda » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:38 am

Loefet wrote:Anyway the attractions that are connected to this system are:
Balder
Lisebergbanan
Kanonen
FlumeRide
Kållerado

Those five do not surprise me at all... When I was there, it was an hour queue to Balder pretty much the whole day. Because of that I only rode Balder three times. I would've wanted more. But at the same day Lisebergbanan was a walk-on, but I think it generally has longer queues and thus receives a "Quick Pass -queue".

About the Quick Pass: I've never experienced one, so I'm not sure what to think about it. It is a good thing to get more rides per day. But having queued for nearly an hour, the last thing I would want to see would be somebody just walking right past me and into the ride. I'd also want to keep the nearby parks here in Scandinavia "Q-Bot free", as I think it belongs to the bigger parks out there.

This post made no sense and had no opinion. Just sharing my thoughts...

Postby Lalle555 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:03 am

I agree; we'll probably not see any other big news this year...

Loefet wrote:^ Where did you see that this is the Biggest news this year??

Right here:
Quickpass.png
At the start page at Liseberg.se

Books are dumb

Postby Loefet » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:24 am

^ Thanks for that!!
I still don't think that there will be any new "bigger" ride at Liseberg this year...
Next year on the other hand is way more likely, especially since Mats is quitting. I have a feeling that he want to exit with a bang so to say...

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:17 am

Just when I think Liseberg can't get any cooler they go and add a 'skip the queue' system.

LOVE IT!

I really believe all parks are heading in this direction and I couldn't be more happy!

Open Up Happiness

NEWS: Liseberg launches Quick Pass

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 am

http://www.parkworld-online.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/1615/Liseberg_launches_Quick_Pass.html

Liseberg will become the first Swedish amusement park to implement a ride reservation system when in introduces its new Quick Pass for the 2010 season.

Guests using the pass will be granted priority access on up to five of the Gothenburg park's most popular attractions: Lisebergbanan (pictured), Balder, Kanonen, Flume Ride and Kållerado.

Ride times can be booked on a first come first served basis via the Liseberg website when guests buy a ride pass. There will be no additional charge for the Quick Pass.

Scandinavian park visitors already enjoy a similar system at Legoland in Denmark, but this is the first time it has been tried in Sweden.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Books are dumb

Re: Liseberg 2010

Postby Loefet » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:52 am

I think that the "other" news that Lalle555 will be the new observation wheel that will be built in Liseberg harbour. It will also (hopefully) be ready at the same time as the park opens for 2010. It was initially supposed to be a leased wheel, but since they had a lot of trouble with the locals they weren't able to put it up for last summer as they have hoped, the owned leased the wheel to Mexico instead. Liseberg found a quick solution to this, they bought a brand new identical wheel instead and it's due to be delivered in the next 2 weeks, and will be erected shortly after that (it's this part that makes me sceptical to see any new rides in the park).

After the 2 year building permit they have on the site at the harbour they will move it to the Liseberg park, it's not known if they will replace the old wheel or have it located on a different place in the park...

Source: GP [Swedish]

Macaroni and Donkey

Re: Liseberg 2010

Postby _Joel_ » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:26 pm

Liseberg has now announced more news for 2010!

* A new ride called "Flygande elefanter" (Flying elephants) for kids.
* The old carousel "Ponnyexpressen" has been replaced with a newer one.
* "Radiobilarna" (the Bumper cars) have got new cars. The older Volvo cars have been replaced with police cars and "Bandit Rock cars" ("Bandit Rock" is a radio station which plays rock music).
* Pandavision, the 3D-movie, is now only a memory. The new 3D-movie is called "Sammys äventyr" (Sammy's adventure).

I don't think any ride has been removed from the park. Liseberg announced the news today at their homepage.

They have also got the prize "Sweden's best exhibition in 2009" for "Evert Taube's World".

50 days left to the season premiere!

Re: The Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby Lalle555 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:54 pm

This is great! With all the talk about Liseberg VS. Gröna Lund recently (if you haven't seen it; read this thread) I have to say that these additions/improvements magnifies the biggest gap between the two (according to me any how). Liseberg has always had something for everyone whilst Gröna Lund has been more thrill-centered. So this is great news for Liseberg as a family attraction.

With that being said; I am a bit disappointed. Because after all I am a thrill seeker and would like to see some big bad a$$ rides.

/ Johan *longing-for-2011* Andersson

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!