TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort Discussion Thread

p. 78 - TONS of new Fantasy Springs info!

This is much better than Disney.

Nope. Let's compare what you have to go through to get home from the Magic Kingdom for that place vs. Wilderness Lodge:

WL:

1) Hop on the boat. You're home.

Sheraton:

1) Wait for the monorail or boat. You might have to wait a few trains/boats, depending on how busy it is.

2) Wait for the tram. Again, you might have to wait a while. And, the tram ride could take a bit of time as well.

3) Fight traffic getting out of the park and on the roads.

I'll take Disney every time thank you very much.

You might think that, but you're very very wrong.

We were in the MGK on June 20th. We left just around 23:15 and walked straight onto a ferry that was just about to leave. The ferry was pretty empty and we both got a seat.

Then we had no waiting for a tram like you say as we were parked on the 2nd row of Minnie so walked straight to the car. Then there was no traffic what so ever and drive to our resort took no longer than 10 minutes. Even less time from Epcot, 8 minutes tops.

• 9 months later...

In addition to Mickey's Phillarmagic coming in 2011 (replacing the Mickey Mouse Revue), they announced today they were building a Cinderella Walkthrough in the castle (2011) and Toy Story Mania! to Tokyo Disney Sea in 2012. Here's the press release with concept arts:

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news_parts/20090507_02e.pdf

The area for Toy Story Mania! look amazing!

Edited by jedimaster1227

All the additions sound good. I'm glad Mickey Mouse Revue is going away, that was a serious blemish on an otherwise impressive attraction line-up.

I'm trying to figure out where they'd put TSM's show building in NY? Next to the bathrooms next to Tower?

I agree...great additions, but a *tiny* bit disappointing. Cookie cutter rides from other parks at a resort that usually flies high over the bar!

Hopefully we'll see Tokyo put their distinctive awesomeness stamp on these, and then a few years later some kickass original attractions!

^I do wonder though, how much could they really change the Toy Story Mania attraction to be better. The only thing I can think of would be to add more stuff inside the show building. Like more toys and less painted walls?

Oh, wait! They can totally do to Mania what they did to tower! It will be set in a NY toystore and all the toys of the store are having a carnival for you! I kinda like that idea, lol.

I was glad that I had the chance to see the Mickey Mouse Musical Review, even if it was in Japanese.

As for squeezing in Midway Mania in the American Waterfront, I can see adding some sort of "mini-boardwalk" area with themed carnival games (like they have at DCA), but putting it in DisneySea is a curious choice.

I do wonder though, how much could they really change the Toy Story Mania attraction to be better.

Maybe they'll use trackless vehicles, like they have for both Aquatopia and Pooh at the resort?

And like Chuck said, I'm glad I got see the Revue as it was part of the original lineup of attractions at TDL. And it was different for it's time, back then.

I dont see them using that ride system in this case unless they plan on completely changing the rides layout. Those rides use that system because of the ride layout and (in aquatopia's case, the whole is visable to the guests. With maina, you go from game to game and dont even pay attention to anything else really. I dont see them using that ride system. I also think that is the reason that the Ride and go seek ride use the Mainia ride system... Make sence? lol

^ Yeah, that ocurred to me when I was posting it. But, anything's possible I figured, especially with Tokyo Disney Resort.

More than likely, it will have ultra awesomely-done themeing done, like Tower and most everything else at TDS, lol.

Your toy store scenario sounds more in-keeping with that area of the park. That would be cool, if they did in fact, do it that way. The mini-boardwalk idea of Chuck's sounds possible, too.

I just did a conversion on the currency, and TSM will cost approx. 115 MILLION dollars??

Um... That sounds like it may be just a "tad" different than the ones we have in the states, ala "Pooh".

As far as location, what Wes said makes sense, except for two things:

Tower of Terror, and the Broadway Music Theater. That would create an extremely crowded corner of the park. The theater DOES attract a huge amount of people! What about in the place of the NY Deli, on the opposite (Med. Harbor) side of the theater? Of course that area could be a clusterf*** of people of epic proportions as well, unless the walkways were changed somewhat.

I dunno - BUT, TSM with a price tag of 115 million???

It will probably worthy of TDS!!

JJ

^WOW! Thats pretty big price tag. Ride and Go Seek cost about 88 million, so you might be right Jeff!

Also, I noticed in the concept are that there are train tracks in the ground (or what looks like train tracks) Which makes me think the ride will be going right next to tower here. Its the only open space in the area.

Chris, that's pretty much the area that Wes was referring to.

As you face ToT, the restrooms are to the left. Then there's a backstage area behind it, that you can see from the monorail. IIRC, those buildings looked like they were almost "temporary" buildings. So, maybe it could be built there from the ground up, all the way to the monorail line??

Dunno.

But, like I said, *I* think that would be creating a huge traffic jam in that corner of the park.

Time will tell.

JJ

^I dont realy like the concept art really though, and it does look like a boarkwalk. It looks alot like the origonal art for DCA, and it didnt really look that good at all. I hope they come up with a more origonal idea for the ride area and theming.

All we can think is that WDI did a wonderful job of TSM at Disneyland with a similar boardwalk theme and to this point TDS has taken every concept and upped it quite a bit, so I have faith that they can pull this off, but I agree a boardwalk theme in that area of the park wouldn't be my first choice.

I can't wait to see what this looks like when they finish it. Even though these aren't original attractions, I think they are solid additions to the Tokyo Disney Resort!

• 8 months later...

D23 has announced that Tokyo DisneySea will be getting a new version of the nighttime spectacular, Fantasmic!

http://d23.disney.go.com/articles/020210_NF_BN_FantasmicTokyo.html

Tokyo DisneySea today announced that a new nighttime entertainment spectacular, Fantasmic!, will premiere in April 2011 to kick off the yearlong celebration of the Tokyo DisneySea 10th Anniversary, which is September 4.

Taking place at night in Mediterranean Harbor, this 20-minute spectacular features Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer's Apprentice, who creates a breathtaking world of wonder and imagination. The show features fantastic scenes from many familiar Disney films such as Aladdin, Cinderella and Finding Nemo, as well as a thrilling sequence of Mickey fighting a gigantic dragon. Filled with special effects using water and fire on the waters of Mediterranean Harbor, this dramatic show promises a night of unforgettable fantasy and excitement for all.

Performances of Fantasmic! will continue to be presented after the Tokyo DisneySea 10th Anniversary celebration ends. BraviSEAmo!, the nighttime show currently being presented, will end on November 13, 2010.

22201040503fantasy730.jpg.a5d0bb1c896b94a3c808afd8e2abc814.jpg

Taking place at night in Mediterranean Harbor, this 20-minute spectacular features Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerer's Apprentice, who creates a breathtaking world of wonder and imagination.

Oh good. I always thought BraviSEAmo! was kind of "weird." Saw it once and never felt the need to see it again.

The fire breathing dragon was cool, but the show was pretty much 20 minutes of that.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fantasmic either, but I'd probably make more of an effort to go see that show over the other one.

--Robb

BraviSEAmo was 20 minutes of suggested sex between an Erector set and boat with water cannons. A bigger version of Fantasmic would be a perfect show for this park (plus, they already have the dragon).

The best part about this is that they Disneyland Fanboys will no longer be able to say 'we have the better version of Fantasmic'!!!

Um, Elissa. I really don't think you should be passing judgement on anything until it actually opens to the public and you yourself has seen the show. And even after that I'm sure the Disneyland version will still be better. After all it's in the park that WALT WALKED IN! That alone makes it the best version of the show...EVAR! Who are you to make that claim anyway? I mean, all you ever do is just travel the world for theme parks and roller coasters and probably know more about this than I do, but still. I think you're being unfair and you're wrong.

PROWLER RULEZ!!!! YEEEEAAHHH!!!!