Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:42 am

^ The cartoon was pretty good!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

really?

Postby sarcasticasian » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:11 pm

ahaha. thats hilarious. :lolr: :lolr: :lolr: :lolr: :lolr:

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby BrownStreak » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:43 pm

Its better than any of the health films I had to watch in High School. Its too bad you don't find more of this kind of stuff in public in the US- the schools teach a streamlined version of it to please the churches and parents are still too shy to properly discuss the subject especially when it comes to STD's. Look at the Europeans- sex is much more out in the open there and they don't have even close to the problem we have here with rape and other sex crimes. The American Prude is still alive and well and filling our country.
Of the road, but still in a truck...By the way, that's my dog Millie (named after Millennium Force) over there to the left!

Delicious & Refreshing

NEWS: Authentic Pizzeria & new Cantina to open at Epcot

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:05 pm

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Great news – especially if you share my passion for amazing pizza. An authentic pizzeria will be opening at the Italy Pavilion at Epcot theme park later this year and it’s an attention-grabber. The new 300-seat restaurant will have traditional Florentine architecture, vaulted-ceilings and outside dining. And the food will be authentic — Italian dishes (complimenting the offerings at Tutto Italia ) and pizza from wood-burning ovens.

The pizzeria will be the newest flagship restaurant in the Patina Restaurant Group’s portfolio. And one of the special touches at the Epcot location will be the water. It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough.

A name for the family-style pizzeria has not been finalized but we wanted to share this information with you first on the Disney Parks Blog. Construction is currently underway and the restaurant is scheduled to open in fall 2010. Check back for more updates.

I've included two photos I took at the beginning of the month to show you where the restaurant will go.
IMGP9901.JPG
IMGP9902.JPG
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:21 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby testtrack321 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:12 pm

I'm excited by this, usually WDW pizza has been meh at best.

It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough.

Really? Really? That just seems like BS marketing and an excuse to charge more. I've had great pizza that doesn't have this magic water.

edit: yeah i'm an idiot, i thought it's bs, but it's more than just good sauce and cheese... (maybe Dominos needs some of this magic water...)

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:18 pm

I love the Patina Group restaurants and only see this as a positive!

^Marketing it may be, but it can't be any worse than Disney pizza!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:17 pm

testtrack321 wrote:Really? Really? That just seems like BS marketing and an excuse to charge more. I've had great pizza that doesn't have this magic water.

It's attention to detail that makes great food.

Though, having been to Naples, the idea of "Naples water" isn't appealing to me as that city is dirty. The pizza they sell in Naples is pretty good though. Very simple and unique.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:22 pm

I can't beleive they're finally filling in that void in tha back of the pavilion.

Which is still the most pointless, unfinished pavilion of the lot.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:36 pm

It's attention to detail that makes great food.

Agreed.

I look forward to this. Like Elissa said, it can't be any worse than the pizza at Disney now!

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

TPR's Hairstylist to the Stars!

Postby piers » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:39 pm

I cannot even remember in my head where abouts the Italy section is in World Showcase. Very excited for this new place though and look forward to eating there later in the year.

And yes, Disney pizza sucks, Universal's is really good though, maybe they get imported water...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!