Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

P. 1010: Final piece of Yukon Striker track installed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby mightypotato » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:38 am

Like I said in the rumour thread, I don't think Canada's Wonderland will be seeing a giga coaster any time soon. They have a great mega coaster in Behemoth and I don't think they're in a hurry to put something taller up.

However, I can see an Intamin accelerator like iSpeed coming to the park. Either that or a smaller B&M floorless. I don't expect anything massive coming though.
Parks: 55, Steel: 234, Wood: 72, Total: 306
I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby CanadianCoasterGuy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:41 pm

you may be right, as i think CWL may get An' Intamin, as CWL'a head of maitenance said at BehemothBash last year that "he's not scared of Intamin". I see something like StormRunner or iSpeed, but your prob. right, nothing on the scale of TTD or Kingda Ka.

I'll drink donkey urine before I'll drink a Pepsi.

Postby cwcoasterboy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:20 pm

Thought I'd provide a quick update on CW's Planet Snoopy for 2010.

As previously mentioned CW is getting capital with the changeover to Planet Snoopy and had previously announced 3 new kids rides and a new Snoopy Ice Show to go with the re-theming of the old Nick and HB rides.

The three new rides are:

Peanuts 500 - Zamperla Kids Whip, same as the one at Cedar Point
Snoopy's Revolution - A Kids sized Ferris Wheel
Lucy's Tugboat - A Zamperla Rockin' Tug

The re-theming details are online as well. Happy to see Ghoster Coaster retain it's name!

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/attrac ... m?ac_id=21

I'm working on a construction tour for CWMania.com and will keep you posted.

2 + 2 = donkey!

NEWS: World's Only Huss Jump 2 Back in Operation

Postby kunpc1 » Sat May 01, 2010 5:20 pm

Not sure how many people know this, but Canada's Wonderland and Huss Rides installed the only Jump 2 a few years back.

http://www.hussrides.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=110&Itemid=169

Since installation, the ride has been plagued with downtime. This culminated last year when the ride went down just after the season started and was left SBNO for the rest of the entire season. Many rumours went around stating the ride would be removed this off season. However, I am pleased to say that Sledgehammer is up and running once again. The ride cycle has been tweaked slightly but it's riding better than ever!

Hopefully the repairs done will prove to make this a reliable ride that other parks will consider installing in the future. Hopefully those of you that haven't had the chance to make it up North, will one day have a chance to try out this great thrill ride.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sun May 02, 2010 8:00 pm.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Re: World's Only Huss Jump 2 Back in Operation

Postby ebl » Sat May 01, 2010 5:27 pm

^ Since I wasn't familiar with this ride, I watched the video on the Huss site. I can see how it would have a lot of downtime, given all of the moving parts.

Also, note to self: don't ride this after eating.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat May 01, 2010 5:49 pm

^I wouldn't worry Eric, as impressive, badass, and awesome as it looks, it was one of the weakest flat rides I've ever been on. And I am NOT a good flat ride person!! I almost threw up after the Frisbee at the park, and their Top Spin is the most insane thing ever!

Seriously, the Jump 2, quite diappointing.

Glad it's back open though, I love to just watch it!

Guaranteed Fresh or Your Money Back!

Postby dandaman » Sat May 01, 2010 6:23 pm

Rode it with Robb and Co. during Behemoth Bash. Looks a lot more impressive than it rides, and I can actually recall many people that night surprised that it was open at all!

Postby mightypotato » Sat May 01, 2010 7:09 pm

I was at the season pass preview night last night and was pleasantly surprised to find Sledgehammer back operating. Tragically, the cycle is as lame/boring as ever.

It seems like there is so much potential for awesomeness with the ride, but it's ruined by not really doing much of anything. That said, it still looks awesome in operation.

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby kunpc1 » Sat May 01, 2010 7:13 pm

We do have an awesome lineup of flats/thrill rides! Hopefully Cedar Fair treats us well with our strong attendance and revenue with some equally awesome coasters.

Postby mightypotato » Sat May 01, 2010 7:17 pm

kunpc1 wrote:We do have an awesome lineup of flats/thrill rides!

Amen to that. I don't know of many parks that have a frisbee, top spin, top scan, Jump 2 (none, lol) and an Intamin drop tower. It was one of the things I would talk up about Wonderland pre-Behemoth.

Personally, I would rather see a Splashworks expansion for 2011 rather than a new coaster. The water park has been neglected for a looooong time and needs something new.

Though, I am in favour of tearing down Wild Beast in favour of a new wooden coaster. Or floorless coaster. Or parking lot.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!