Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Take pictures of my feet

Postby nay » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:07 pm

I was in WDW last week and had the chance to take advantage of this offer. It was awesome! You basically just go to the speedway, sign a form, put on an unflattering suit, get fitted for a helmet, jump in the car and they take you around the track for 3 laps. I'm not into race car stuff, but I had a blast and I can imagine that the full experience for someone who really likes this is incredible. I never had any plans to do this, but I'm really glad that I got to try it!
wdwspeedway.jpg
Here I am all suited up for a few laps around the WDW Speedway.

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby Capitalize » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:44 pm

I got to do this at Michigan International Speedway a few years back and had a good time, I'd totally recommend going out and trying it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Sir Clinksalot » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:55 pm

Dang, of all the years we weren't going to get AP's to WDW. :(

The woman with a million questions

Postby Crazy_Behemoth_Lady_Jess » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:41 pm

nay wrote:I was in WDW last week and had the chance to take advantage of this offer. It was awesome! You basically just go to the speedway, sign a form, put on an unflattering suit, get fitted for a helmet, jump in the car and they take you around the track for 3 laps. I'm not into race car stuff, but I had a blast and I can imagine that the full experience for someone who really likes this is incredible. I never had any plans to do this, but I'm really glad that I got to try it!

You look good in blue. :)

I used to be into NASCAR and all that and this looks like fun. Too bad I'm not a WDW passholder... Otherwise I'd be down at the speedway already.
Best: | 1. Medusa (SFDK) | 2. Coaster (Playland) | 3. Behemoth (CW) | 4. Giant Dipper (SCBB) | 5. Titan (SFOT) Worst: | 1. Grizzly (CGA) | 2. Flight Deck (CW) | 3. Corkscrew (Playland) | 4. Dragon Fire (CW) | 5. Rainbow Chaser (Fun Forest)
- Rides don't hurt people, people do. (although some exceptions)

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:06 pm

Count me in for this in the last week of March. I have wanted to do it for a while and can't pass up a chance to do it for free.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby bhartley » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:37 am

nay wrote:I was in WDW last week and had the chance to take advantage of this offer. It was awesome! You basically just go to the speedway, sign a form, put on an unflattering suit, get fitted for a helmet, jump in the car and they take you around the track for 3 laps. I'm not into race car stuff, but I had a blast and I can imagine that the full experience for someone who really likes this is incredible. I never had any plans to do this, but I'm really glad that I got to try it!

Unflattering???? You look great in that driving suit.

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:27 pm

A new 3-D model of the upcoming expansion has made its way onto the internet and into the hands of the fans:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-new ... ntasyland/

Today we are thrilled to be able to show you this image we acquired of an actual sculpted model of the Fantasyland redo.
You’ll notice some derivations from the blueprints. Notably, the ‘Dueling Dumbos’ has swapped places with Pixie Hollow, which now appears to be a Fairies themed version of California Adventures’ Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree with a formal meet & greet area behind it. Toontown is completely gone as expected (not just refurbished) save for the Barnstormer, but whether it will be re-themed for either Dumbo as Casey Jr or for Snow White and a mine train remains to be seen. It also appears that the Hundred Acre Wood/Winnie the Pooh meet & greet area didn’t make the cut.
fantasylandmodel.jpg
Image courtesy of Stitch Kingdom
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:38 pm

^ It looks cool, but I kind of wish I knew what I was looking at a bit better.

Anyone want to take the image and label them with what attraction is which?

Postby Wes » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 pm

^ Robb, this link has a really extensive breakdown.
http://gdpinvestigation.blogspot.com/20 ... yland.html

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 am

robbalvey wrote:^ It looks cool, but I kind of wish I knew what I was looking at a bit better.

Anyone want to take the image and label them with what attraction is which?

I don't get their sudden insistance on using blue lighting on these displays. It's very hard to make out what you're looking at.

I like the new placement of Dumbo, but I'm wondering how they'll theme the back of the queue building so it fits in with the Speedway.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!