Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:24 am

holidayworld08 wrote:
On my recent disney trip a busdriver told me that Oldsmobile and WonderBread are currently in a bidding war to take over sponsorship. Anyone heard more?

Sorry to double post, but are bus drivers the new Dippin' Dots guys?

Bus Drivers at WDW, are slightly more knowledgable than the Dippin' Dots guys.

Dippin Dots guys have no knowldege of anything so.......do the math. ::lol::

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:52 pm

cfc wrote:Perhaps Disney is trying to latch on to some of that bailout money. ;)

I don't think they need any of that.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Chroniq » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:46 pm

Associated Press - Dateline January 13, 2010
In a suprise move, CEO of Wonderbread Inc. Jeff Johson, has anounced that Wonderbread LCC will be the official sponsor of the former Test Track ride at Epcot. The new name of the new ride will be "Test Kitchen". Guests will experience the test and adjust experience each loaf goes through before becoming WB Approved. Some of the highlights include, high temperature baking, spraying with mistery perservatives, cuminating in a 60 mph ride through packaging process. Local Citizen "Horizons" is quoted as "Shedding a Tear Over The Death Epcot".

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

The Making of Me - Epcot Wonders of Life Movie

Postby Erik Johnson » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:15 pm

It now has been a little over three years since they closed all the attractions at Epcot's Wonders of Life pavillion. The Making of Me was certainly one of the more infamous attractions which it may be the only sexual eduactional movie created for a theme park. Well, at least the only one at a Disney theme park. There are a few places, especially the first 30 seconds of the movie where it is very blurry, but you still can listen to the audio in these parts. Anyways, enjoy!

Click to download video to your computer or iPod/iPhone

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:22 pm

"Paging Barry Hom... Mr. Barry Hom. Your show's revival has arrived!"

In all seriousness, thanks for sharing this with us Erik! I never got to see The Making of Me during my visits to the Wonders of Life pavilion, so this is an interesting experience for me. That being said, I still prefer Martin Short when in Canada.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Gav » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:10 am

You have to wonder how an attraction like this managed to get the go-ahead to be built in the first place....I can't imagine it being the least bit popular or entertaining.

Beware of the Magic Donkey at Lotte World!

Postby Mark Rosenzweig » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:26 am

Making of Me's most entertaining attritube was watching the reactions to parents with their younger children during the more "awkward" moments.

Body Wars was horrible. It was as if Disney decided they didn't cause enough motion sickess with Star Tours and wanted a post show for an attraction called "barf".

On the other hand, Cranium Command was one of my all time favorite WDW attractions. The show never ceased to entertain and was really the only major loss when this pavilion went into hibernation.

AWESOME-O-SAURUS!!!

Postby Homer » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 am

Thanks for sharing this, Erik. I'm probably the only one that misses the Wonders of Life pavilion because when I was younger, I always used to love riding around on those bicycles with the TV monitors attached to them showing scenes from around WDW.

Alas, its gone, and the last pictures I've seen from inside had most of the attractions covered up and mold getting to some of the theming.
-My butt has touched 112 roller coasters, how unfortunate.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:09 am

I also very much miss this area of the park. I really thought the entire pavillion was well done and all the attractions were great! Cranium Command will still be one of my favorite "Epcot Shows" and I think I'm most bummed out about losing that one.

Body Wars was my favorite simulator (not sure why), but I liked it a lot more than Star Tours.

And Making of Me was...well, funny for being very serious! =)

--Robb

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:40 am

robbalvey wrote:I also very much miss this area of the park. I really thought the entire pavillion was well done and all the attractions were great! Cranium Command will still be one of my favorite "Epcot Shows" and I think I'm most bummed out about losing that one.

Yuck. I hated WoL. I always thought it was poorly themed, and didn't fit the rest of Future World very well. I'm not sad it's gone, as I only went in it twice, and that was enough for me!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!