Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

P. 1007 - 2020 Roller Coaster "Candymonium" Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby HPCrazy » Fri May 22, 2009 4:03 pm

This is exciting! While I do miss Canyon River Rapids, I will be anxious to to take a stroll through this area. I'll be taking lots of pictures and will put my best shots in a Photo TR when I get back in two weeks.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby hersheyparkfan3 » Thu May 28, 2009 1:48 pm

The reason CCR was removed was because it had serious leak issues, was poorly constructed, and cost a TON to maintain. (learned that when I shadowed the park's engineer) One thing that bothers me about Hersheypark is that they really do have almost no more land left to build within their current land. Hopefully they find a solution soon or their crowd issues are going to get worse- that's the number 1 complaint we get and the reason their rating went down on trip adviser.

Postby HPCrazy » Thu May 28, 2009 5:14 pm

Perhaps they'll expand to the golf course or what someone mentioned in that other thread about crossing Rte 743. I really hate to see them sacrificing rides for new ones because there isn't any room. It was nice seeing Rodeo getting a new life at Dutch Wonderland, but that will definitely be missed for all the Hershey fans out there.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:11 pm

What I did is kind of recycle this thread and made it more generalized.

New for Hersheypark Chrismas Candylane in 2009 is N.O.E.L. – Nights of Extraordinary Lights.

New this year, experience N.O.E.L., a breathtaking light show featuring over 125,000 dancing lights synchronized to your favorite toe-tapping, jingle-rocking Christmas music! N.O.E.L. will dazzle your senses with brilliant holiday colors and a classic selection of festive songs. Enjoy three dynamic shows starting at 5:00 PM and playing every hour and half-hour along Spring Creek in Comet Hollow. The best viewing areas for N.O.E.L. are the bridges located near the SooperdooperLooper, the Amphitheatre, and the top entrance to the Aquatheatre.

From the way it sounds is that the show might be a holiday-themed version of Cedar Points Frontier Trail show.

In other news, the park may have a few small improvements set in store for 2010:(Screamscape)
(11/10/09) While nothing new is expected to open at Hersheypark in 2010 right now, we have heard that the Trailblazer may get a big renovation that could see a new station built for the mine train, as well as other several other small improvements around the park. Another such concept said to be in the works may be improved queues for the Kissing Tower and Twin Turnpike.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:12 pm

What exactly does Trailblazer need a new station for?

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:06 pm

Hersheypark has released some early information regarding their Springtime in the Park event:

Cure Cabin Fever With “Springtime in the Park” at Hersheypark

It’s shaping up to be a long and cold winter, but Hersheypark is busy making plans for “Springtime in the Park.” The annual celebration, this year scheduled for April 2 through 4 and April 10 and 11, will give folks something to look forward to while they’re shoveling snow and bringing in the firewood. This year, the Park is expanding its Springtime celebration to two weekends that provide perfect opportunities to gather the family and enjoy an exciting preview of the 2010 Park season.

Hersheypark will be open from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, April 2 and on Saturdays, April 3 and 10. On Sundays, April 4 and 11, Hersheypark will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (The Park will not be open to the public on Friday, April 9.) One-price admission offers access to more than 40 of the Park’s rides, admission to live entertainment shows, and entrance to ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park. Select games, retail shops and food venues also will be open.

Admission will be $23.95 for ages 9 to 54, $15.95 for ages 3 to 8 and ages 55 and older, and free for children 2 and younger. Consecutive-day and group admission plans will be available, and a parking fee will be charged. Tickets may be purchased in advance online at www.Hersheypark.com after February 1 or at participating Giant Foods stores in the Hershey and Harrisburg area after March 27. The website will list all participating Giant Foods stores.

Entertainment choices during Springtime in the Park will include a sea lion presentation at the Hersheypark Aquatheatre and a band performance at the Hersheypark Amphitheatre. In addition, other Hershey attractions – The Hershey Story, The Museum on Chocolate Avenue; Hershey Gardens; and Hershey’s Chocolate World – will be open, providing guests with even more entertainment options during their visit.

Hersheypark has also sent out a press release regarding their inclusion the growing list of parks utilizing Google Maps' Street View to tour their park and hotel virtually.

Hersheypark and The Hotel Hershey Now on Google Maps

Guests planning to visit Hersheypark or The Hotel Hershey can now tour the locations prior to their trips, thanks to an online tour recently created by Google Maps. Hersheypark is one of the first theme parks to be mapped in the United States.

The interactive tour, part of Street View on Google Maps, shows guests all the attractions and pathways at both properties.

The project began in late June, when a 250-pound tricycle equipped with a large telescopic camera traveled around the Park and the Hotel. The camera contained circular filming lenses, allowing it to capture 360-degree images of outdoor pathways. It took about five hours to complete the filming of Hersheypark and another three hours to finish the filming at The Hotel Hershey.
Screen shot 2010-01-08 at 8.00.06 PM.png
A screenshot of the system at work...
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:59 pm

^I saw that a few weeks ago. I think Legoland in California was one of the first parks to do this.

As far as Springtime in the Park is concerned, I pretty much have faith in the maintenance crew that they will try to get Storm Runner and Fahrenheit open this year. The reason why they weren't last year was being behind schedule and that Fahrenheit's trains being in Europe. Hopefully they started earlier this year, but no big deal.
EDIT: Took notice that they have Fahrenheit's picture on the Springtime page. Hopefully that could mean something.

Postby HPCrazy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:52 pm

I, too, have seen that fature on Google several months ago. I originally posted it over at Keystone Thrills. I can't believe that the Disney Parks haven't done anything similar, unless they have done so by this time.

Looks like STITP will be two weekends this year. Perhaps this was due to the overly increased crowds (due to Harley Davidson) on Saturday last year which forced them to open up Midway unannounced.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:07 pm

^In regards to Disney using a "street-view" type system, they haven't yet. But, they were the ones to take advantage of Google Earth's 3-D view in which major portions of the park (buildings and attractions) can be seen in 3-D view within the Google Earth program.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:09 pm

HPCrazy wrote:Looks like STITP will be two weekends this year. Perhaps this was due to the overly increased crowds (due to Harley Davidson) on Saturday last year which forced them to open up Midway unannounced.

I thought Harley-Davidson used to have the Saturday between Springtime in the Park and the first normal weekend. What happened to that? Did some other company take over that day?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!