Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:14 pm

^I like that one! Sounds very interesting!

Smochtroid

Postby Mochtroid » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:29 pm

This sounds like an excellent work, as lines for those sound hellish.

Just keep the equipment maintained, and you've got a winner for sure, Disney.

Permanent Tourist

Postby Electerik » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:31 pm

According to TouringPlans on Twitter, this area includes shade, a DJ, merchandise, and Guitar Hero video games and seems to be aimed at entertaining guests comfortably while they wait to ride.

Disney still just can't give up the idea that less time in line means more money spent in shops. (Of course, even if that's true, the problem is that "less time in line" has never yet been achieved.)

I'm all for the kid's playground/meet and greet line idea, though.

/Waiting to see what new evil they'll spread through the industry.
//Still haven't forgiven them for Fast Pass in the first place.
Erik Allen Elness

Reeks of Books

Postby CorkscrewFoley » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:10 pm

What kills me about RnRC is the capacity...the lines should be moving faster than what it is, but it's the pre-show that slows it down. I enjoyed the pre-show, but I just thought if they hadn't had it, the lines would have moved a bit faster.
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!'

My uncle owns a country place that no one knows about

Disney tests out new "queueless" queue

Postby PriestofSyrinx » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:08 pm

I found this interesting...

The link below is an article of the new system:

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/blog ... r-coaster/

Some pics of the que area:

http://www.studioscentral.com/column/st ... ue-changes

In my opinion, it may cut down on fastpass usage, but not by much. This is interesting to say the least, but I think this would only work for a few of the higher thrill rides (RnR, Test Track, Soarin') and not for the "Dumbo" ride and the type of crowds it would attract i.e. A bunch of families with small children in a roam around area that will probably miss their time to ride due to this new queuing system.
Favs: Maverick/Mindbender/Magnum/Goliath/Voyage

Will find a Rush reference in your post, whether its there or not!

TPR's Favorite Beaner

Postby RCFreak » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:22 pm

That first link is already being discussed in the Fantasyland rehab thread. It's nice to see pictures of it all though.

Open Up Happiness

WDW Passholders Ride Along Free at WDW Speedway

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:12 pm

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2010/01/ ... -speedway/

Passholders, here’s a pretty sweet deal if you’re into NASCAR. Stop by Walt Disney World Speedway — it’s situated right in front of Magic Kingdom — and you can do a Ride Along from Richard Petty Driving Experience for free. This program normally costs more than $100 per person.

Show your Disney pass and you’ll get to ride shotgun for three mile-long laps in a NASCAR-style race car reaching speeds up to 140 mph with a professional driving instructor. This offer is good through March 31. You must be at least 14 years old to ride, and participants younger than 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Free ride-alongs are limited to one per passholder for the three-month promotion. While at the track, passholders can enter to win an 18-lap King’s Driving Experience valued at $919.04 and Richard Petty-signed diecast car. Monthly winners also will be drawn to win an 8-lap Rookie Driving Experience, valued at $486.04. These contests are open to passholders 18 and older with valid drivers licenses.

I think that this is actually a pretty interesting give away, considering that as a passholder, I would have never bothered to give the Driving Experience a try (especially not for the price). I'll definitely be taking advantage of this offer, considering the value.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:13 pm

The coaster unload area is still in the same location as it has been before. So nothing is changed. I got to ride it 3 time today. I am very happy with the new minimal upgrade. It has retained its classic feel while upgrading a few things. The ride is certainly a bit darker now with the enclosing of the loading area as well as removing the glow in the dark strips off the sides of the coaster cars. You can no longer see any of the coaster cars while riding the peoplemover. The ride itself does run a little smoother especially during the few places when the coaster runs over the anti-roll backs. Other than not having onboard music, this was the upgrade I have been looking forward to for a long while. Hooray for classic Space Mountain.

TPR's Olden Goldie

Postby ebl » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:20 pm

^ I've heard a few times that people couldn't ride the cars back up the small lift anyway because of clearance issues. Of course, I don't know that for a fact, but the fact that you've ridden the new version, Erik, and have verified that load/unload is the same clears it up for me.

As for the removal of the glow-in-the-dark panels, while I thought it was cool to be able to see "rockets" flying through space, the resulting darker ride is a big improvement---even here in CA.

Eric
My Honda will run ringz around your Saturn.

Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Postby Erik Johnson » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:42 pm

Yeah, I do not think the ride is designed for people to ride back up to the loading area, but I think it is probably just a small little lift hill that leads it back.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!