Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manny In England » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:57 am

^ I don't know, does it have to be a new track / car variation, or could it possibly tie into this "physchocoaster" concept and count that as an element of the ride?
Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

"Deal with it f**filled with medicine and goo." - Robb addressing a technical complaint.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby cmpunk771 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:28 am

Well as we know the car cant be too amazing because of the strength of the track, i would think its the cars because of the truck load pictures we saw of the SW. So that could be cars in there or is there something going to happen inside the building that makes it unique?

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:08 am

Theming has begun on the turn before the lift hill.

Pillars surrounding the turn covered in snow.

Wooden shuttering assembled for concrete to be poured for more theming. Also notice the new steel structure above.

Check out more photos at Alton Towers Official Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/altontowersresort/

-Craig

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manny In England » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:09 am

^^ I haven't been keeping up with the construction, but if the track we've seen is near completion and there's nothing new there, then it's safe to say this unique element happens indoors or underground.
Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

"Deal with it f**filled with medicine and goo." - Robb addressing a technical complaint.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Dobba » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:16 am

Those pillars in my opinion will be reinforcement rather than theming. Could indicate that this section will be underground too, still it's another new angle of the ride!

This donkey is a Know-it-All

Postby andyuk200523 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:33 am

Just to let you know, that is the final turn which will be taken backwards, and yes, it is believed it will start out underground and maybe end up above ground..

...Looking good so far though, can't wait to ride in April....wish I could get there earlier, but not looking like it at the moment!
Andrew

Not sure when next trip is, however May/June 2013 - Canada Baby!!!!!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby cmpunk771 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:50 am

I think there will be the secret element in the backwards turn(as we see in the photos) or the backwards turn to show the car running away from something in the building because we know after the turn it then enters the station. I think there will be a really bug animatronic or a big projector screen and something will try to attack us.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:54 am

Dobba wrote:Those pillars in my opinion will be reinforcement rather than theming. Could indicate that this section will be underground too, still it's another new angle of the ride!

Or they could be both. ;)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Dobba » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 pm

cfc wrote:
Dobba wrote:Those pillars in my opinion will be reinforcement rather than theming. Could indicate that this section will be underground too, still it's another new angle of the ride!

Or they could be both. ;)

Very true.

Nice little bit of marketing for the ride today on the Telegraph website:

Caption: Workmen take a break from the construction of new ride, 'Th13teen' at Alton Towers in Staffordshire, to play with a snow sculpture version of the roller coaster carriage that they helped to build.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Now we know the secret! The Secret Weapon is.......trains made out of snow! Now that I did not expect!

-Craig

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!