TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

I forgot about that silly golf course, I think you are probably correct about it also being re-themed. I still find it odd that it is way out of the park...

I think it's in quite a good location personally. If they had put it in the park and added the extra charge next to nobody would use it simply due to the upcharge. It also gives the hotel guests something else to do and with Alton trying to brand themselves a resort rather than a themepark with 2 hotels it makes sense to place it right next to the hotels.

I'm a big fan of the golf course and if they do go down the route of retheming the holes next week it'll make it even better in my opinion. Would also like to see a Spinball hole especially with the Sonic retheme now confirmed.

Worst idea

That's definitely still them putting the ride where they did in the first place. Terrible location.

I think it's in quite a good location personally. If they had put it in the park and added the extra charge next to nobody would use it simply due to the upcharge. It also gives the hotel guests something else to do and with Alton trying to brand themselves a resort rather than a themepark with 2 hotels it makes sense to place it right next to the hotels.

I definately agree its a good thing for hotel guests, I just think for day visitors, upon arrival you're excited to get into the park, not golf, then when leaving you're too tired for golf. I have nothing against it though, its a cool looking, if not slightly lacking course.

Anyway, Th13teen!

(I had to edit my post many times to spell that stupid coasters name right...)

I like Sonic and think that it's very fitting for a spinning coaster. I think ir might bring a couple more people over to that area of the park. Hopefully this may be a sign that they will add more theming sometime in the future. I also hope that they will play some retro Sonic music in the line while waiting! Maybe some small interactive games?

With Th13teen i think that no doubt will it be best themed ride in the country, Looking at the photos so far we are going to have a amazingly themed ride but will the actual ride be any good?

Anyone got any guesses on the worlds first element, i have a feeling its something going to happen on the cars?

I definately agree its a good thing for hotel guests, I just think for day visitors, upon arrival you're excited to get into the park, not golf, then when leaving you're too tired for golf. I have nothing against it though, its a cool looking, if not slightly lacking course.

That makes a lot of sense, who goes to a big theme park to play mini-golf? It could be cool if you don't like rides or have small children but I just never see anyone playing golf at parks when they have a mini golf course.

My only complaint with the golf (have not seen it yet in person as it was not open last time we were at Alton) is that it seems that it's not open much past the theme park opening times.

I'd love to go and play after the park is closed but I think you had to be there within 30 minutes of park closing to be allowed to play.

Oh well, I guess we'll all just hang out in the bar instead!

Well as we know the car cant be too amazing because of the strength of the track, i would think its the cars because of the truck load pictures we saw of the SW. So that could be cars in there or is there something going to happen inside the building that makes it unique?

Theming has begun on the turn before the lift hill.

Pillars surrounding the turn covered in snow.

Wooden shuttering assembled for concrete to be poured for more theming. Also notice the new steel structure above.

Check out more photos at Alton Towers Official Flickr page: Alton Towers Resort

-Craig

Just to let you know, that is the final turn which will be taken backwards, and yes, it is believed it will start out underground and maybe end up above ground..

...Looking good so far though, can't wait to ride in April....wish I could get there earlier, but not looking like it at the moment!