Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Page 912 - Delirious (Larson Looper) Flat Ride Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:37 pm

New Photos at Valleyfairzone.com

Also, we may have more photos up by the end of the week so stay tuned!

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:51 am

Hey sorry for the double post, but we got some brand new pictures over at Valleyfairzone.com of the nearly completed wavepool.

Enjoy!

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:00 am

http://www.startribune.com/local/80512237.html

Bob Williams dressed in a tuxedo and top hat and sported a beard and cane to greet guests at Valleyfair's grand opening in 1976. The attire personified his witty, offbeat personality and the many whimsical
attributes of the playground he helped design.

Willy, as he was known in Twin Cities advertising and marketing circles, was involved in nearly every design aspect of the Shakopee amusement park, from its color schemes to its cartoon-style maps, posters and collectibles to naming many of the early rides, such as the High Roller and the Monster.

Williams died of chronic lung disease and heart failure Christmas Eve at Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina. He was 77.

"He was terribly creative," said Dave Sherman, founder and CEO of Valley Park Inc., the first owner of Valleyfair. "With naming the rides, he went for the funky and out-of-the-ordinary; he wanted that for people to have a
silly or fun time. ... We liked his work very much."

Williams began his career in the Twin Cities as a teacher and art director at Art Instruction Schools, where he worked with Charles Schulz, creator of the "Peanuts" comic strip. Admired for his creativity, Williams was tapped to design logos and looks for several Twin Cities stores and
restaurants, and to illustrate advertisements for local advertising agencies and publications, said Charleen Bacigalupo, whose husband was the last owner of Twin Citian magazine, a now defunct publication in which Williams' work often appeared.

"He had no respect for a deadline, but he had immense respect for good work," said Paul Runyon, former owner of Runyon's Saloon, who used Williams on a freelance basis when he ran Promotion Resource. "He always gave something extra and enhanced the proposition."
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Sir Haunts-a-lot

Postby Vffreak07 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:29 pm

It's been confirmed that the Bumper Boats are being removed for the 2010 season & will be relocated to a different Cedar Fair park.

Jo My Oh!

Re: Valleyfair Discussion Thread

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:37 pm

I just wanna say something about the park that is completely off topic.

The park needs a good looping coaster. If it is by Vekoma, Intamin, B&M, or anyone! They need a new coaster with inversions. The only coaster there that goes upside down is the Corkscrew. If I also remember, they have a looping starship kind of ride, nothing else. :( felt sorry for the place :(

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:28 am

^I don't think a park has to have a looping coaster to make it better... While I haven't been yet, everything I've seen of Valleyfair is that it is a pretty strong park, despite its lack of "loopers." Considering the park just got Renegade not too long ago, I can't see them really splurging on another major coaster addition yet.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:29 am

Europa Park went how many years before getting a coaster with inversions? The first coaster that went upside down at Europa Park was just installed in 2009.

--Robb

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby holyblakbelt » Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:43 am

I really don't care right now if we have multiple "inverting" coasters right now. I think that Corkscrew is alright (even for an Arrow) and I love Renegade. If they announce it (A new coaster) for 2011 or 2012, I will be happy about that. However, I'm being patient for now.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Valleyfair! (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby Airtime&Gravity » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:05 am

Looks like good news for Valleyfair!:

A substantial expansion is coming to Valleyfair for the start of the 2011 season.

Officials for the 34-year-old amusement park in Shakopee will reveal the details on Aug. 6.

The expansion will be of "pretty significant proportions," said Valleyfair spokesman Tom Memmen, declining to give away the specifics. He did say it's something that park operators "hope will encourage families to continue to come out."

"People coming out next year will know that something will be different," he added.
Since its opening, the 90-acre Valleyfair has spent more than $96 million in upgrades, making it the largest amusement park in the Upper Midwest.

Link

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Valleyfair! (VF) Discussion Thread

Postby coastermoosh » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:53 am

Camp Snoopy.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!