TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official TPR "East Coast/Behemoth Trip" Update

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoops, looks like you snuck an update by me on Sunday morning.

Busch Gardens was an amazing day. It was fairly crowded that day, but with the Quick Queue and ERT, we pretty much destroyed the park. (Kind of like Busch Gardens is destroying Big Bad Wolf )

The Rapids spray zone was amazing. Especially, the machines facing Apollo's Chariot. If you could man all the sprayers and with the right timing, you could own some people.

Fantastic photos inside DarkKastle, those 4-D dark rides are one thing that have always fascinated me.

Did they explain exactly what the car does to make it feel like you are falling?...That's one effect I have never been able to get an answer on.

^^^I remember the tour guide telling us that they decided on a pneumatic system to make the cars tilt, as opposed to a hydraulic system similar to that of Spiderman. It makes for slightly milder movements, but as Robb already said, it really depends on how well the visuals sell themselves that make you think you're moving more than you actually are.

• 1 month later...

^Busch Gardens Williamsburg treated us incredibly well on the East Coast trip, so I have no doubt you'll have a fantastic time with TPR on the IntimidaTour.

The park has a great line-up of rides, shows and other experiences, so I'm sure your experience will be a great one!

• 1 month later...

Amazing amazing update. It delayed me getting out the door this morning because I just wanted to see as much as possible.

Thanks again to all that were on the trip... Truly I am now a TPR trip addict because of all the fun I had on this trip. Both the shorter trips I did this year were great as well with another amazing group of people.

Thanks especially to Robb and Elissa for the amazing organization and generally being willing to put up with all of us weird people

I can't wait to see the DVD now... Sadly snow on the ground here now with a little more than 5 months till coaster season in CO again.