SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Brad » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:37 pm

We were able to take advantage of the unlimited attractions Quick Queue back on October 3 (a Saturday) for only $14.95 ($12.70 with an annual pass). Definitely worth the money, and I loved being able to take a ride on the Sky Tower more than once to relax.

The only ride that we really saved a lot of time at was Journey to Atlantis, which had a posted wait time of 45 minutes (with Quick Queue, you proceed directly to the 'sorting' area... max 2-3 boat wait).

Now, I would like to see BGA adopt this same policy.

Edit: the updated Quick Queue no longer offers early show access.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:29 pm

Sea World is offering more in addition to the Polar Express Experience this Christmas. Other "new shows and seasonal favorites" are on tap, as well. Here's some info on other holiday events at the park:

Winter Wonderland on Ice
An all-new holiday-themed ice-skating spectacular, Winter Wonderland on Ice, runs on select nights through January 3. Christmas comes to life with towering water fountains, magnificent fireworks and some of the most talented skaters in the world as they dazzle and delight families this holiday season.

Clyde and Seamore’s Countdown to Christmas
Families can enjoy this all-new Christmas comedy with their favorite loveable sea lions Clyde and Seamore, along with a few mischievous otters and a jolly walrus or two. Clyde and Seamore’s Countdown to Christmas runs on select nights through January 3.

A Sesame Street Christmas
Celebrate the holidays with friends from Sesame Street at SeaWorld - it's an all-new festive and fun musical celebration, A Sesame Street Christmas. The holidays have arrived, but Abby Cadabby doesn’t understand what all the fuss is about … she’s never heard of Christmas. Elmo, Big Bird and other Sesame Street friends gather together to share with her the true spirit of the holiday. Following the show, families can create wonderful memories with their friends from Sesame Street during character meet-and-greets. Families can also enjoy a unique dining experience for the whole family: Elmo and Friends Christmas Breakfast.

Shamu Christmas … Miracles
As the winter air cools and the evening stars appear, families can join Shamu for a magnificent holiday show: Shamu Christmas … Miracles. Shamu Stadium comes alive with bright lights and glowing candles as Christmas carols abound and Shamu splashes to celebrate the holiday season. This very special showing runs on select nights through January 3.

Makahiki Christmas Luau
Igniting the spirit of the season is the Makahiki Christmas Luau, a South Seas-style festive celebration including tasty island cuisine keeping with the ancient holiday traditions of the Pacific Islands. Joyful songs of the season are reinterpreted with Polynesian rhythms, music and dance. Makahiki Christmas Luau continues through January 3 (except December 25). Park admission is not required.

New Year’s Eve at SeaWorld
Families can ring in the New Year at SeaWorld on December 31 with a musical extravaganza including the best in pop, Latin and swing music. At the stroke of midnight, the evening sky will shine even brighter with a vibrant fireworks show to celebrate the festivities.

The best way to enjoy the holidays at SeaWorld is with an annual pass, and it also makes a perfect holiday gift! An annual pass is the gift that keeps on giving because it offers great benefits such as food, beverage and merchandise discounts, plus complimentary parking.

For more information about the holidays at SeaWorld, visit SeaWorldOrlando.com. For photos and media inquiries, contact SeaWorld Communications at (407) 363-2280 or via email at swf.pr@seaworld.com.

Here are some pics provided by Sea World Orlando.
WinterWonderlandonIce_003.jpg
Winter Wonderland on Ice
Clyde&Seamore'sCountdowntoChristmas.jpg
Clyde and Seamore's Countdown to Christmas
ASesameStreetChristmas.jpg
A Sesame Street Christmas
ShamuMiracles.jpg
Shamu Christmas . . . Miracles

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby freestylenut » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Hi all, I plan to visit Seaworld Orlando on the 19th...I wanted to go earlier, but this December has been INSANE on my schedule (I'm only an hour away in Tampa)....I anticipate higher then usual crowds only 6 days before Christmas (ugh!)

where is the ice skate show located anyway??? it looks indoors.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby delirium_guy » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:15 pm

The ice skating show is actually over at Bayside Stadium. They are utilizing the expanded platform that was constructed last year for Wheel of Fortune. The show is actually quite good, IMHO. I recommend seeing the last show of the night, as you can just remain seated for Holiday Reflections Fireworks!

- Todd

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:05 pm

Seaworld Orlando has released a fun little set of photos and video to help get everyone in the holiday spirit. And after riding Manta again today, I can see why Santa is so excited! =)

SANTA'S NEW SLEIGH

Dashing through the sea and sky, Santas fly high and dive deep aboard their new
sleigh, Manta, SeaWorld Orlando's flying roller coaster.

20091209_PR Santa on Manta_01.jpg
20091209_PR Santa on Manta_09.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Sea World has always had amazing PR Stunts like this!

I love Santa Manta!!!!

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby jjune4991 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 pm

santa manta, good one elissa!
great pr by the park too! like the santas who rode sheikra, and the mimes who rode kraken!

TPR Trip: InimidaTOUR
TPR Bash: East Coast Bash (2010), Busch Gardens Bash

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:59 pm

I dare Santa to eat all those cookies and milk and then ride through the pretzel loop.
Follow the construction of my Manta Model!.*
1/16/12 - Construction Complete!
*Model is being build from scratch.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Imhotep » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:37 am

Loved the theming, but I enjoyed the movie better without the simulator. Personally I don't like when a motion simulator isn't completely first person, I feel it takes you out of the experience. My son loved it though so thats really all that matters!

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Ha! "Just like Santa's reindeer!" :lolr:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!