Alton Towers Discussion Thread

P. 576: The Alton Towers Dungeon teased for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:42 pm

Am I the only one who thinks for the first time Alton Towers are taking Secret Weapon literally, calling in the SAS to stake out the ride while it is in operation and taking out a ride on each turn and the last person alive at the end of the ride is the person who survived the "Ride Into The Unknown"

-Craig "That would be a much better idea for Saw: The Ride" Knight

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:42 pm

MattC wrote:
FLIPDUDE wrote:Getting a celebrity for a security counselor? Of course it's a publicity stunt!

But... A six figure salary?! Isn't that a little bit too much? Or am I misunderstanding something?

I think Alton might be making too big of a buildup... Eventually it will end up being just some kind of fancy new switch track or whatever, and we'll all go "that's what it was all about?!"

We had this discussion over at TowersTimes. On first quick read through it appears to say 6 figure salary but read more carefully and inspected it says equivalent to (or words to that effect) 6 figure salary. For all we know he could be getting paid in carrots or guinea pigs.

Not quite. Id assume they're paying a 6 figure salary but only for the length of the project. If he works for 3 months he gets paid £25,000. That kind of deal.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Dobba » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:28 pm

The park, sorry "Resort" has updated their Flickr page with station photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/altontower ... 796005267/

The classic!

Postby dr.gumbo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:28 am

Interesting idea someone came up with.

That picture suggests that the ride may have alternate endings, with the breaks in the track being switching tracks possibly. Not sure if its affordable or realistic but its a cool idea.

Title

Postby 4rturo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:40 am

If that's the case let me start booking my flight to england....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby FLIPDUDE » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:29 pm

I dont think that's what the breaks in the track you circled signify, especially considering they are not nearly teh same height or location, and the supports are static. But that is a possible explanation for the missing track pieces

Title

Postby 4rturo » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:37 pm

Dont burst my bubble!!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Steelinwood » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:03 pm

If they wanted alternate endings, I'd love to know how it would work out and how they would switch. Would it just be random or programed?

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:39 pm

That's an interesting idea. It would certainly live up to the hype! The breaks in the track look convincing, but as someone mentioned the supports look too static. I'd love for this to be the special effect though!

Dave

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:45 pm

The more important question is how many credits would Jeff Johnson count an 'alternate ending' coaster as?!?!? :lmao:

BTW, I'm still just expecting/hoping a Winjas type effect with the entire train.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!