Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:33 am

Bolliger&Mabillard wrote:Leads me to believe it will stay in Chicago. I mean what's the point of moving it far north to move it to your furthest south property? I'm all for waiting to see what happens...just seems like it's gonna stay where it lays.

This is why I am thinking Chang will stay. SF STL has more land to store the ride and is closer to SFKK. Heck, if it was only a place holder for a year or so, they could have stored the ride in closed Twisted Twins/Mile High Falls area(they do have entire cars in there for storage right now under the coaster track.) Moving it to the park furthest from any other park just makes no seance at all if only to use it as a place holder.

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:03 pm

monsterfan99 wrote:
Bolliger&Mabillard wrote:Leads me to believe it will stay in Chicago. I mean what's the point of moving it far north to move it to your furthest south property? I'm all for waiting to see what happens...just seems like it's gonna stay where it lays.

This is why I am thinking Chang will stay. SF STL has more land to store the ride and is closer to SFKK. Heck, if it was only a place holder for a year or so, they could have stored the ride in closed Twisted Twins/Mile High Falls area(they do have entire cars in there for storage right now under the coaster track.) Moving it to the park furthest from any other park just makes no seance at all if only to use it as a place holder.

These facts are true, but do we even know if Chang track is at SFGAm?

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Have you considered that the coaster may not be heading to the South?

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:37 pm

Mr. Starr wrote:
monsterfan99 wrote:

Yup.

http://changsfgam2011.blogspot.com/
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

Cockroach and rat free since 2002!

Postby Bolliger&Mabillard » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:46 pm

DBru wrote:Have you considered that the coaster may not be heading to the South?

Unless it's going to LaRonde...anywhere they put it would be south.
"...and SuperKing, the best one of the three!"

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby kidcoaster 2 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:21 pm

I would have to say all the signs are of it going in at SFGam.... I think Six Flags realizes a B&M is too big of an attraction to be sitting in storage than lets say Ultra Twister or an SLC. What it looks like to me is that the ride while get some TLC (Most likely on site at SFGam) before being reinstalled in 2011.

Plus if it was going to "Six Flags Mexico" than it would cost more to take it that far out of the way when other parks are closer to the route down to Mexico.

Thats just my thoughts...

My transgendered dreams have come true!!!

Postby Mr. Starr » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:20 pm

traincrossin wrote:
Mr. Starr wrote:
monsterfan99 wrote:

Yup.

http://changsfgam2011.blogspot.com/

I had seen those pictures before, and it was still being debated whether or not they were for Chang. Has there been any more updates on arrivals at SFGAm?

Wisconsin Dells Fanatic

Postby traincrossin » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:23 pm

Mr. Starr wrote:I had seen those pictures before, and it was still being debated whether or not they were for Chang. Has there been any more updates on arrivals at SFGAm?

Nope.
*EDIT* Well there have been rumors that they have stored other parts elsewhere like in the employee parking lot or one of the access roads but nothing has been confirmed yet.
13 - Gatekeeper
14 - Millennium Force

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby cycamps » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:53 pm

I didn't see the Little Dipper thing coming at all. I wouldn't expect a company like Six Flags to do that.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby ArizonaGuy » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Isn't SFGAm the closest park to SFKK? I would think if that be the case that it could just be going there for storage. We've seen SF do weirder things. I guess We'll just have to wait for a press release. I'd so love to see it go to SFStL. They soooo need something good.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!