Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

P. 82: New Marvel expansion rendering released!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Born when stamps were 2 cents

Postby OldJJman » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Wow. The plans for Mystic Manor seem quite ambitious, and quite extensive!!

That could be quite an awesome attraction, if not THE signature attraction, of the park. The "trackless" ride system, all of the special effects... (vortex room sounds great!)

I hope they pull it off. If they do, (and I'm kind of assuming they will), who knows?? Maybe we can see something like this (a trackless ride that immerses you in a cool story line) in the states.

It's a beautiful park, with some of the friendliest Disney employees I've ever encountered. I still hope it succeeds. These additions certainly can't hurt!

JJ

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:37 pm

It's too bad the POTC idea didn't pan out, but Grizzly Mountain and Mystic Manor sound great.

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:41 pm

This addition to HLDL and the additions being made to Ocean Park will make a return visit to Hong Kong a must.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Just a reminder that a 'Theme Park Review Best of China' trip is in the works for 2012...I'm just saying!

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 am

LA Times Article

Hong Kong Disneyland to add ‘Toy Story’ themed land

Visitors stepping into Toy Story Land at Hong Kong Disneyland will feel like “Star Wars” action figures in a land of Barbie dolls — smaller-than-life interlopers in a land of larger-than-life toys.
Super-sized Tinker toys, Lincoln logs and dominoes line the walkways as towering “Toy Story” characters Rex the dinosaur and Woody the cowboy welcome visitors at the twin entrances to the lushly landscaped land.
Set to open as early as 2011, Toy Story Land is part of a nearly $500-million expansion at Hong Kong Disneyland that calls for the addition of three themed lands.
The three new rides include:

* An 80-foot-tall Green Army Men-themed parachute jump drop ride similar to Jumpin’ Jellyfish at Disney’s California Adventure.
* A 115-foot-tall RC Racer-themed U-shaped shuttle coaster with a magnetic launch system similar to the half-pipe ride at Denver’s Elitch Garden theme park.
* A spinning Slinky Dog-themed caterpillar ride with a circular, undulating track similar to the classic Music Express or Himalaya carnival rides.
An identical Toy Story Playland opens at Walt Disney Studios Paris in June 2010 to coincide with the theatrical release of “Toy Story 3.”
toystory.jpg
toystory2.jpg

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby DBJ » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:07 am

Thanks for the artworks! Mystic Manor does sound pretty ambitious, and I imagine it will be cloned over to Paris or Florida fairly soon. The coaster concept looks like it will be a great addition as well.

Toy Story Land looks like it would be a fun addition...to Disney Hollywood Studios, near TSMM. Or even near DCA's TSMM. Still looks to be a tad bit out of place in it's current spot at HKDL. It will be interesting to see how the land fits in once it's completed.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:53 pm

SharkTums wrote:Just a reminder that a 'Theme Park Review Best of China' trip is in the works for 2012...I'm just saying!

Count me in for that one.

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Squid » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:18 am

Is anyone else wondering if Mystic Manor will be the Disney answer to Spiderman and Curse of DarKastle? Has there been any mention of 3D screens?

Squid

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby rosscoe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:26 am

SharkTums wrote:Just a reminder that a 'Theme Park Review Best of China' trip is in the works for 2012...I'm just saying!

That works for me, a trip next year and than two years later hello China. Now back on topic, Grizzly looks amazing

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby Squid » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:38 am

So does that mean there's a China and a Japan trip planned for 2012? I need to start saving now!

Squid

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!