Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 100: Zootopia themed land coming to Shanghai Disneyland!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:31 pm

I merged these two together. This looks exciting :)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby slither37 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:39 pm

What really caught my eye in the article is what was torn down:

Earlier this year, a sex-themed park in the central Chinese city of Chongqing called "Love Land" was torn down before it could open to the public. Shanghai, however, could be on the verge of a tourism boom.

A TPR trip to this park would have had the BEST trip report. Mmmmm the rides at this park would have been great and just think what the prizes could have been with the games. The food... the uniforms for the staff, the 4D movies, etc. I hate when innovation is stifled like this.

I will make him an offer he can''t refuse.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Swiminn6 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Wow this is so amazing! Disney is doing so much and spending a TON of $$$$!!!!

The woman with a million questions

Postby Crazy_Behemoth_Lady_Jess » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:01 pm

slither37 wrote:What really caught my eye in the article is what was torn down:

Earlier this year, a sex-themed park in the central Chinese city of Chongqing called "Love Land" was torn down before it could open to the public. Shanghai, however, could be on the verge of a tourism boom.

A TPR trip to this park would have had the BEST trip report. Mmmmm the rides at this park would have been great and just think what the prizes could have been with the games. The food... the uniforms for the staff, the 4D movies, etc. I hate when innovation is stifled like this.

Hmm... I wonder if they have an "18+" admission policy. Oh nevermind, it's China I don't think they really regulate things like that. :roll:

Anyways, Shanghai Disneyland sounds really cool. Hopefully it will be done by the next time I visit my family in Shanghai, which I don't know when yet.
Best: | 1. Medusa (SFDK) | 2. Coaster (Playland) | 3. Behemoth (CW) | 4. Giant Dipper (SCBB) | 5. Titan (SFOT) Worst: | 1. Grizzly (CGA) | 2. Flight Deck (CW) | 3. Corkscrew (Playland) | 4. Dragon Fire (CW) | 5. Rainbow Chaser (Fun Forest)
- Rides don't hurt people, people do. (although some exceptions)

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby Jon34MA » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:32 am

Disney and the Chinese Government is buying a lot of land and moving close to 5,000 families to create this new park.
November 13, 2009

More than 5,000 families in China are expected to be ordered to relocate to make way for Disney's newest theme park.

"My husband and I are very worried," Jin Xinmei told Bloomsburg News. Jin, a 72-year-old retired farmer, was recently notified by the government that she would have to relocate from their native village so Disney could build their newest theme park. "We don't want to move because our meager income is not enough for us to live in the city, where everything costs more."

Jin was not told how much she will be paid for her 323-square-foot home, including the backyard where she grows Chinese cabbage, potatoes and strawberries in an effort to save money.

“We understand that the local government is offering resettlement packages to local residents,” Disney spokeswoman Alannah Hall-Smith told Bloomsburg News in an email. “The local government is also offering other forms of assistance to local residents, and Disney and our Chinese partners will strive to support these local efforts.”

The relocation efforts are expected to cost just over $954 million dollars, according to the state media.

The $3.6 billion park, which was green-lighted by the Chinese government earlier this month, is scheduled to open in 2014.

tinyurl.com/disney5000

I can't help but think that if the people can not afford to live in the city that they will not be able to buy tickets to visit the park and that this could be a repeat of Disney Hong Kong problems all over again.

I think the mouse is stretching himself too far :mickey:
Last edited by Moose on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:33 am.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/f62f632ce394e0c2e47841bdeba33854.jpg[/img][/url]

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby monsterfan99 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:34 am

^ While I agree somewhat they are stretching itself a little thin. However, the bigger problem I see is trying to convince China that the Disney characters mean something. It is hard enough to get kids today to care about Mickey Mouse with all the other entertainment options in a country where he is an icon.

With that said, I am excited for the park. Even if the park were to bust, there could be great ideas moved to the other parks worldwide.

THE BOY

Postby Ed » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:24 am

Mulan ride please.

Jo My Oh!

Postby Jerrykoala2112 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:35 am

Ed wrote:Mulan ride please.

I actually want that too! It would fit since it's in China and all.

Really? They are forcing families to move to build a park? It reminds me of cutting down forests to make room for a new house and squirrels have to relocate. *sigh* This makes me not like Disney now.

Although I hope this park gets some awesome unique rides.

What was Jer's last adventure? Drayton Manor - 2012
Check out my SFGAm Music Video - Here

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:46 pm

^I don't think it's really 'Disney' forcing the people to move. And I can't imagine why you would decide you hate Disney now.

Do you know anything about China? Their government? Or the people?

Trust me, it's not Disney bulldozing small children's homes.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Although this does sound a bit harsh, Shanghai Disney must now be the envy of nearly every park in the world. How many parks get to take care of their problems with neighbors by forcing them to move?

Don't like the noise from the rides? OK, we'll just bulldoze your house!
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!