TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFNO/Jazzland Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Another "I told you so" moment!

Some people might want to get back up to speed.

Please start here.

I wrote that 18 months ago (Almost to the day!).

Please, if you don't read everything, then keep up by reading here.

Still not convinced?? Try reading here.

The I got cranky and wrote this.

Then this financial debacle continued. So did I, look here.

I would imagine that now, 18 months after I started, it would be dead and gone. I guess I was wrong.

But, I doubt that I'm wrong on any other aspect of this whole ordeal.

In many places, these acts could probably be deemed a criminal act of fraudulence.

Don't be blinded. It's all a sick joke on anyone who may believe in it.

JJ

PS. You knew I'd be back, didn't you?

I would imagine that now, 18 months after I started, it would be dead and gone. I guess I was wrong.

JJ

PS. You knew I'd be back, didn't you?

But 18 months is like the blink of an eye .... in Jeff years!

And what took you so long to respond? napping?

This is stereotypical New Orleans politics. Idiot people trying to trick the idiot citizens of NOLA into believing their idiot plans. And they get away with it.

William Jefferson (you know, the guy with $900,000 bribe money in his freezer?) got sentenced for 13 years of prison, with a minimum of 11 served. OHGOD, the consequence! He'll learn.

SFNO should be paved. I hate to say this about the only major park in my area, but I don't care. This horse has been dead and beaten for too long now. Rip all of that bad investment out and let nature reclaim the land. Plant cypress trees, pick up the litter, and vamanos. Try to recycle the coasters (or at LEAST the metal involved) and be done with it. Honestly.

Ok, if SSA couldn't fork out $500k in good faith, how are they now going to dig up $12+ million? I mean the last time I checked there is no money fairy, and money certainly does not grow on trees. I've said it once and I will say it again, support Dixie Landin' /Blue Bayou, a park that is actually 1. in a decent area and 2. not a money hole such as SFNO.

More power to whomever may get SFNO re-opened but I suspect another fail IF it were to ever re-open.

http://www.southernstaramusement.com/news_11_10_09.cfm

Southern Star Amusement continues fight for New Orleans theme park

New Orleans On Tuesday November 10, 2009

Southern Star Amusement, Inc. (SSA) is continuing its efforts to take over and re-open the former Six Flags amusement park property in New Orleans as a Nickelodeon licensed property. Southern Star has contested the validity of Nickelodeon’s purported termination of the license agreement announced yesterday by Nickelodeon and is reviewing legal options. Southern Star has evidence to establish that Nickelodeon agreed to extend the deadlines in the agreement, and Southern Star is not responsible for substantial delays beyond its control caused by the Six Flags bankruptcy process. Nickelodeon has asked a New York court to decide whether the purported termination is valid. “While our project stands on its own merits, with or without Nickelodeon, we firmly believe that the people of New Orleans are worth fighting for,” stated Danny Rogers, President and CEO of Southern Star. “We have had to fight steadfastly for this project from the beginning, over two years ago. “The main problem which has severely hampered our fundraising effort is the continuing unexpected delay in the Six Flags bankruptcy proceeding in Delaware, resulting in the property still being under the control of Six Flags.” The settlement arrangement between the City of New Orleans and Six Flags expected to be approved on September 10 was delayed until October 8. Six Flags filed a new motion this past Friday, which further delays this process once again, until some point after a November 20 hearing date. This process has remained beyond Southern Star’s control, a situation that Nickelodeon was well aware of when they entered the deal. “Investors have told us repeatedly that they could not give firm commitments until the City had full control of the property and had documented its public commitment to make the site available to Southern Star. Despite this obstacle, our discussions have given us the confidence that we would be able to obtain full funding for this project.” On August 18th, Mayor Nagin publicly announced firmly that the site was a Nickelodeon site. Accordingly Southern Star considers his statement sufficient to satisfy the contract requirement by the deadline. “Based upon this fact and other reasons, we believes that Southern Star should not give up but rather continue its fight to bring a quality theme park experience to New Orleans East, preferably with Nickelodeon,” stated Rogers. About Southern Star Amusement Southern Star Amusement, Inc. is a location based entertainment development company dedicated to creating quality, family friendly attractions.

I find it a little strange that SSA had a far more laid back stance towards the ended partnership a few weeks ago and yet we see them "fighting" now. I figure the politics of this situation will keep Six Flags New Orleans dead long past the time when it is even feasible to revive...

Let me get this straight: the evidence these guys are trying to provide is the following quote?

"The Nickelodeon brand is perfect for the redevelopment of this area and will make a very positive impact on the City of New Orleans,"

Could someone please explain to me how that translates into:

On August 18th, Mayor Nagin publicly announced firmly that the site was a Nickelodeon site.

Let me get this straight: the evidence these guys are trying to provide is the following quote?

"The Nickelodeon brand is perfect for the redevelopment of this area and will make a very positive impact on the City of New Orleans,"

Could someone please explain to me how that translates into:

On August 18th, Mayor Nagin publicly announced firmly that the site was a Nickelodeon site.

You obviously haven't taken Danny Rodgers course in ideology!!

I should also add that they are making an offer to the city to buy the land outright while also claiming they can't get investors because the city hasn't finalized its deal with Six Flags. So now they are trying to buy land from someone that by their own admission doesn't even have control of the land yet?

It's a shame politicians in New Orleans/Louisana haven't figured out by now that this guy is nothing but a scam artist...but not the least bit surprising.

http://unofficialjazzlandinfo.yuku.com/topic/1911/t/Moving-Forward.html

First of all I hope all of you had a good Thanksgiving! Southern Star Amusement Inc. has made the offer to the city and we are waiting for an answer. We hope to know soon and will keep you posted one way or the other. My company has invested a large sum of money and time in this project and we are not walking away. No matter what happens with the NO park we will build in this area (LA or MS) I hope it is on the old park site as it would be the best for the city and my company as well. For now we are waiting for an answer, lets all hope the city can get this one right.

All the best of the season!

Danny

SSAI

Danny Rogers dropped by SFNO.com's forums to leave a little message... There sure seems to be a lot of hope left in this man...