TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• 3 months later...

Hey, i'm visiting new York over the easter days and i would like to pass by SFGA for one day. I will arrive on the 31rd of march and leave on the 6th of april, so between 1st of april and 5th of april any day would work for me. Any hint shich would be the less crowded days? I would imagine that 3rd and 4th might be crowded, or is it empty because of easter?

Any suggestions? Thanks,

April at great adventure is very quiet and any day would be a fine choice.

That being said Friday and Saturday will be the busiest days as weekend days always are. On Easter Sunday, the park is closed for a private event. This is an annual event for the Jewish community. Although the park is techically closed, I've heard you are able to buy tickets through different Jewish organizations online. Although, I don't know how beneficial that would be as I've heard the park can get somewhat busy for this event.

Monday April 5 would be my top choice.

New York City schools are off that entire time and Jackson schools as well so I think the park will have some crowds. Last week I went a few times during the week over spring break week and waits were around 15 - 25 minutes for the major rides (not bad but I was hoping for crowds in 2007 where there were no lines). I agree about Friday and Saturday and would avoid the 2nd and 3rd for sure as those are likely to be the 2 most crowded days.

On Easter Sunday, the park is closed for a private event. This is an annual event for the Jewish community. Although the park is techically closed, I've heard you are able to buy tickets through different Jewish organizations online. Although, I don't know how beneficial that would be as I've heard the park can get somewhat busy for this event.

Season Pass holders are also able to visit the park that day. Last year wasn't too bad. Although rather cold (which may have affected potential crowds), I was able to get some KK rides with about a 10 minute wait.

And just a bit more information. Make sure your first two rides are Kingda Ka and Superman. they get the most crowed. El Toro and Bizarro usually don't get a crowed until noon I would give it take. And also DO NOT listen to the wait times, they are just there so you can wast money on a flash pass. They only work if they are only running one train, not two or three like they usually do. Hope I could help make your visit a Six Flags day.

Just one more thing...

Last year, the first opening weeks were very cold. Both Nitro, and if I remember correctly, El Toro (maybe not El Toro) vallied. (Not too sure of the spelling/phrase). I heard they stopped running some of the rides because it was too cold. Hopefully, this will not be a problem this year. Check out the Six Flags Great Adventure thread from last April to double check. I definitely agree with the times. Do not listen to the wait times, and Superman/KK definitely have the worst wait times. Batman actually had long lines every time I went last year as well.

Most of all - HAVE FUN!!

Bump!

Making a new Six Flags Great Adventure Discussion Thread.

I will be moving some past updates into this thread, but feel free to post questions, comments, suggestions, pictures, videos, reviews, etc. etc. into this thread.

Jon

And just a bit more information. Make sure your first two rides are Kingda Ka and Superman. they get the most crowed. El Toro and Bizarro usually don't get a crowed until noon I would give it take. And also DO NOT listen to the wait times, they are just there so you can wast money on a flash pass. They only work if they are only running one train, not two or three like they usually do. Hope I could help make your visit a Six Flags day.

I would give the exact opposite advice as the majority of the GP head in this direction when the park opens.

All of this, of course, is based off weekday visits.

I always head for Nitro and Dark Knight first, especially if you get there when the park opens.

I'll spend the entire first hour riding Nitro with nothing longer than a one train wait for anything but the front row. The ride crew on Nitro was lax last year and allowed you to stay on the ride if no one was coming aboard in your row however this not the case on every ride.

I'll hit Batman, Dark Knight, and Skull Mountain all before noon and take the skyride over the other side of the park. I'll hit Medusa/Bizzaro (whatever we're calling it this year) with much of the same conditions as Nitro, before hitting the Runaway Train and headed towards El Toro.

The GP crowd is usually finishing up their time on KK and ET by noon and people start thinking about lunch. Lunch time waits for El Toro are usually in the 20-40 minute wait period and I've never waited longer than thirty minutes for KK. KK's wait time sign usually says 60-120 minutes but I've never waited longer than thirty minutes with them launching all four trains.

I'll spend the rest of the afternoon hitting GASM, Superman and re-rides on El Toro and Bizarro usually getting out of the park before 3pm and getting ahead of rush hour traffic.

Hope this helps.

What rides were you not allowed to stay on for rerides? The only coaster I have seen them make you walk around and not stay on is for Blackbeard's Lost Treasure train but maybe it depends on the ride op?

Woohoo, GAdv opening day is less than a month away! I'm considering going that day, even though last year it was a bit disappointing.

I remember reading about opening day last year, sounded horrible but I guess that was because of the weather. I went on Sunday of opening weekend and it was much better. Little to no waits for all coasters, it was warmer out so it wasn't too cold for the log flume and all coasters except Nitro and Bizarro were open.

I'm still undecided about what day to go, I am thinking Sunday might be less crowded so I might just go that day again.

That's really strange they would be inconsistent like that, I got re-rides on all of those multiple times last year from the beginning of the season all the way to my last visit at the end of October. At Batman, they were even encouraging re-rides. Hopefully this season, everyone will allow re-rides. At Dorney they make you walk around all the time, no exceptions and it is such a waste of time to exit the station, walk through the empty queue and wait for the next train.

It looks like I won't be going back to GADV until either the end of April or June since I'm down here in Orlando now. The biggest coaster park is BGA about an hour away. I do miss the coasters & parks up north. Oh well I can't complain since I can ride Disney, Universal, & Sea World rides anytime all year now Have fun opening day everyone who is going hope the weather is good for you.