Custom models of Sheikra, TTD, Insane and now Manta!

Pg 32 - Manta Complete. 30+ pictures. Thanks for following!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Upload files from No Limits, Roller Coaster Tycoon, etc...
Discuss CoasterDynamix, KNEX Models, and more random stuff!
Did Medusa in the front and back

Postby atem122 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:08 pm

20 bucks if you set up speakers playing "Ecuador" on a continuous loop next to it.

Sounds like it's gonna be something sweet though, RR is an awesome ride to recreate

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Goliath513 wrote:people say I'm obsessed since I play RCT2. Crazy press release man. Wonder what reputation this gives to you CU kids in Boulder? Who knows, maybe someday when they finally pave SFMM, you can own the real ride at your park. ;)

You are obsessed with RCT2, don't kid yourself Sam. And I don't think many kids know about me at CU, I mean besides my friends and my residents (I force it on them). It would be pretty rad though to own the real one. I have to say the first thing I would do is climb all over it since it has the ladders on the spine of the track (my model will not have those, I don't care about detail that much.

Coasterlovernc-I only let myself work on it during the weekends or when I have a really slow week. I get in swings where if I am working on it, I will stay up all night doing it, and I can't let myself get in those swings during the school week due to classes. I really wanted to do an invert and I probably will in the future, but Riddler has always been a favorite of mine.

Atem- I can PM you my address, you can't have Riddler without Ecuador by Sash! playing. If you did you would tear the space time continuum. Thanks for the funds!

Just a small update. I had to scale the size of the board down by 10%, so not that noticeable but still slightly smaller. This is due to the parts I will be using and the overall difficulty of B&M track. I had to buy solid pieces of square plastic instead of tube squares, and the solid's only came so big. It'll still look awesome, and be way more manageable for my room. All in all, I spent $100 on plastic alone, and I still need the heat gun to melt the pieces into their shapes. I still want to thank mcjaco for turning me on to styrene, the stuff is awesome. But I really want to shout out to Evergreen Scale Models and their cooperation with me whilst I tried to find the rights parts. They helped me none stop with finding parts and even sending samples and testing melting the pieces for me. If you aspire to build coasters, go with them!

So parts are in the mail, should be here some time next week. Then its update season. Thanks for reading.

Jordan

Hard Rock hyyyper

Postby hyyyper » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:25 pm

^Just make sure you get the actual "Bruce Wayne Mix/Edit", as that is the version that is played in the station area

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby FilmoreISnAZN » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:04 pm

Woah!! Riddler's Revenge is an Awesome coaster! I can't wait to see what this model will look like.

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:04 am

TPR- I owe everyone an apology for playing mind games with you the past couple months. Yes it is true I originally wanted to do an invert after completing Insane. And then I went to FMP and wanted to do Time Machine since I really enjoyed the coaster and it was a reasonable size. Then due to lack of information about the coaster I went with another one that is deep to me in Riddlers Revenge. Riddler really did get traced out on my board and was ready for execution but yet another thing happened. I feel in love with Manta and literally can't stop thinking about her. So, the plans are set and manta is in motion.

Again, I ask for your forgiveness and getting everyone hyped about something and then not doing it. It boiled down to which coaster I loved the most, and Manta stole my heart.

With that, I ask that you support me and give me whatever feedback you have about Manta. This coaster is being built with styrene and styrene glue and already is giving me my most perfect model yet. Enjoy this experience with me, and Ride the Flying Ray!

-Jordan

I get wet for Manta!

Postby themeparkman25 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:15 am

Latest Update 5/13-May 13, 2010

UPDATE #1- November 11, 2009

The station is about 90% complete having both sides complete and 1 of 2 switch tracks built. The other is about half done and requires rails and supports before it is complete. I will then move in to the lift, to which I ask, Does anyone know the lift angle? It appears to be roughly 45 degrees, as I think that is characteristic of the flyer, but I am not sure exactly.

As I said in my previous post, this model is being built with a kind of plastic called styrene. I use a heat gun to bend the pieces in the place, and then tact them using a styrene glue. The glue dries clear and is super adhesive in small quantities. This ultimately will yield my cleanest and most accurate model to date.

With that, enjoy the first update!

Jordan
108_0884.JPG
The station in all her glory!
108_0885.JPG
Station from the top view. The front of the station is located at the bottom of the picture. From this view you can see the incomplete switch, which I should have up by tomorrow.
108_0886.JPG
Stupid flash. You can kind of tell from this picture how much cleaner this model will be compared to the others. (don't know if you noticed yet, but that aspect of my models bugged me)
108_0887.JPG
Much better. This is the middle of the station and you can definitely tell how much better this is in comparison to, say, SheiKra.
Last edited by themeparkman25 on Wed May 19, 2010 7:03 pm.

**I'm totally gay for Nick Jonas.**

Postby KPWoCkAxX » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:42 am

Looks awesome, good job.
Something Is Coming Soon... Stay Tuned.

El Toro Make Me Erect

Postby HCLcoasters » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:17 am

That's a lot cleaner then my current model is!

That random nerd

Postby Vekoma Fan Boy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:11 am

Good job with the Styrene! This model looks a lot better than the wood and wire models! (Not saying they were bad though :P)

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:46 am

Awesome work! I can't wait to see the progression on this...

PreviousNext

Return to Roller Coaster Games, Models, and Other Randomness