Photo TR: Divv's Scandinavian Adventure

A Look Back at the 2009 TPR Scandinavia Trip...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Postby Divv3k » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:01 pm

Day 7, Part One:
DJURS SOMMERLAND

The next park on the itinerary was one of the biggies for a lot of people - Djurs Sommerland. A biggie mostly because of the Intamin Mega-lite, Pirate, that was installed in 2008.

I rode Piraten a year earlier and instantly loved it so an hour of ERT was a tantalising prospect! Whilst it wasn't running just as good this as it did for me in 2008 it was still fantastic!

The sun returned today too! Very welcome after a few days of rain! The park looks fantastic in the sun too! It really does have something for everyone!

Oh, and I was on the first train of Thor's Hammer ERT this morning! That makes me that bit more amazing than you and you know it.

Onto some photos...
TPRScandiDivv1266.jpg
Special guest star for the next few days is our favourite lamp post loving friend – Dave Fudge! Everyone say "Hi Dave!"
TPRScandiDivv1267.jpg
Wooo!!!! We were FIRST on Thor’s Hammer at ERT this morning! Scottish Steve, Mike, TPDave and myself all rode the coaster before anyone else, are we the greatest or what??? I mean you're a NOBODY if you somehow ended up on the second train!
TPRScandiDivv1268.jpg
Hey, the Road Show’s in town again! That’ll be why there’s huge crowds building up outside.
TPRScandiDivv1272.jpg
Mike has Steve’s FLAPS-OF-POWER-GLASSES! He must be edging his way towards becoming Fudge 1 now!
TPRScandiDivv1277.jpg
The main reason to come to Djurs is of course the piratey Intamin Mega-Lite goodness!
TPRScandiDivv1278.jpg
Yar, it be Piraten says I.
TPRScandiDivv1280.jpg
I will say that it wasn’t running as good as it was a year ago, but I think you have to put that down to the fact that the park had been closed for a few days before we got there.
TPRScandiDivv1276.jpg
Even last year we found that the ride got better as the day went on, which was again the case today.
TPRScandiDivv1281.jpg
Even being slightly sluggish it still kicks all kinds of A$$!
TPRScandiDivv1286.jpg
We got a LOT of rides on Piraten this morning. We really didn’t want ERT to end, it’s so rerideable!
TPRScandiDivv1284.jpg
Good thing we did have ERT, look at the stampede heading for the ride! Or maybe they just heard that the Road Show was in town?
TPRScandiDivv1287.jpg
I want one of these stools for my flat.
TPRScandiErik0130.jpg
Another big attraction is Djurs is the Topple Tower. At least it is for those who haven’t done one before.
TPRScandiDivv1294.jpg
Dave was a bit nervous, but come on, even I was riding this, should have told him everything he needed to know about a Topple Tower!
TPRScandiDivv1295.jpg
Yes, these things are so tame that even I ride them! They’re actually a Divv-approved flat ride but for all the wrong reasons!
TPRScandiDivv1296.jpg
TPEmo.
TPRScandiDivv1306.jpg
Hot day. Log flume. SKLOOSH. Done.
TPRScandiDivv1310.jpg
These people got off very lightly in my view!
TPRScandiDivv1314.jpg
OMG, look at the line for the Wacky Worm! Why would it be so long?
TPRScandiDivv1312.jpg
Because of these WHORES!
TPRScandiDivv1324.jpg
Wacky, worm, worm, worm, worm, worm.
TPRScandiDivv1316.jpg
The sun is back so today’s update is brought to you by Nivea for Men. Perfect for all your creaming up desires.
TPRScandiDivv1328.jpg
I think it took about two seconds before Steve regretted saying that we was sitting out the rapids.
TPRScandiDivv1329.jpg
I really like Djurs rapids. There's a cool "surprise ending" too!
TPRScandiDivv1332.jpg
Yet again, Lou and Brad’s wardrobe coordination was spot on.
TPRScandiDivv1334.jpg
Just in case you forgot, Mike will show you how to go WIKI, WIKI WILD!
TPRScandiDivv1341.jpg
Yes, they let us play with guns! This park clearly doesn’t know us!
TPRScandiDivv1345.jpg
Hands up if you like walking around hotels naked!
TPRScandiDivv1348.jpg
Good thing Mike creamed up well this morning.
TPRScandiDivv1353.jpg
Now for the most random but funniest ride in all of Denmark – Chico and the Poachers!
TPRScandiDivv1359.jpg
The ride is part Lost and part Planet of the Apes.
TPRScandiDivv1369.jpg
I love myself some Poachers!
TPRScandiDivv1375.jpg
I’m not sure if the boats are supposed to be bananas or old pickles, either way they make for a safe and enjoyable journey through Chicoland!
TPRScandiDivv1380.jpg
Assault course takeover!!!
TPRScandiDivv1382a.jpg
Again leading the way is yours truly. I'm an sssault course extraordinaire (until I get to the very last obstacle usually)
TPRScandiDivv1397.jpg
Larry confused us all by actually doing these monkey bars the way they were supposed to be done.
TPRScandiDivv1410.jpg
These malicious and unprovoked attacks were just cruel and unwarranted.
TPRScandiDivv1416.jpg
These attacks on the other hand were just funny!
TPRScandiErik0150.jpg
TPEat!!!
TPRScandiDivv1420.jpg
My, my Scottish Steve. That’s hot.
TPRScandiDivv1421.jpg
Djurs added a Triangle of Death for 2009. This was awesome although there were way too many kids for us to make a proper assault! I mean why would they let kids near a thing like this?
TPRScandiErik0180.jpg
Scottish Steve had one failed attempt and then just curled himself up here and muttered things about ghost trains.
TPRScandiDivv1273.jpg
Djurs Sommerland really is a fantastic park that looks to have a really bright future! I'm looking forward to going back again some day!

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:02 pm

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't notice you and TPDave stuck in those tumbler nets when I kept spinning them around. My bad! :lolr:
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:02 pm

^I can vouch for that. Even while he was spinning those nets, Larry kept looking around and asking, "Where's Dave? Where's Divv? I wouldn't want them to miss the bus."

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Ryancrash » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:51 pm

Djurs Sommerland was a blast! Piraten absolutely rocked - it may not quite have been the "best coaster on earth", as some people claimed, but it was still a truly GREAT ride - one of the best on the entire trip. And I liked the parrot in the loading station, the one saying something in Danish that sounded like "Ha ha ha... wake-up time!" I also dug Thor's Hammer - any coaster with a Viking theme is alright in my book.

It was nice to see the sunshine again as well. The rain finally realized it wasn't doing anything to dampen our spirits, so it gave up and stopped trying. (The rain certainly didn't stop me from getting in LOTS of amazing rides on Lynet and Falken... Fun!)

Excellent updates Divv - keep em coming!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ginzo » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:37 pm

^Piraten was great. I think I have it as my #4 steelie right now.
"There's nothing wrong with it. It just needs some tweaking,"

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:04 am

This park was SOOOOOOOOO fun! I adored this place, I could have spent so long here, it was basically the Toverland of the trip for me. The fact that the weather was great made the day even better!

The only downside was the crowds, but then again the weather was good.

Oh and it was a holiday.

It was also a weekend.

I think the Road Show was in town too.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 am

Another great update, Divv! Piraten looks crazy good.

TPR assault courses look like to much fun, I can't wait to get on an international trip to check one out!

Can't wait for more.
-Zach
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby rollin_n_coastin » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:00 pm

Anyone else grey out at the bottom of that drop?

Divv, great update again! Thanks for keeping this up.

J

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Ryancrash » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:54 pm

^On my first two or three rides, I totally got the gray-out - it was awesome! After that, I think I was just used to the ride, and it didn't happen any more. But even without the gray-out, it was still an amazing ride experience.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:20 pm

Every tour there's usually one coaster...

And I know for myself, Piraten was "it" for me on this tour.

Arrrrrrrrrrrr. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive