The Official TPR 2010 Trips Thread

P. 16 - 4/12/10 - Oktoberfest Spots!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby coastersrule85 » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:33 pm

=) I'm so freaking excited!! I can not WAIT to go on this trip!! WOO-HOO!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:05 pm

printersdevil78 wrote:^Yep, that's what happened to me. My bank told me they no longer authorized eCheck via PayPal because there had been too many complaints. I know someone illegally tapped into my bank account for nearly $2,000 that way a couple years ago. Fortunately, I got my money back shortly after filing two claims with PayPal (it was via two different withdrawals), but it's not something I'd like to go through again.

I checked this out with Paypal (a lot of fun calling them - not). Apparently, they made changes where if you have a bank account and a credit card registered with them, eCheque is no longer available.

So they said if I still wanted to use an eCheque, I have to delete my credit card. I did that and did a test run and now the eCheque appears.

Stupid, stupid Paypal - what was the point of doing that? You can't do an eCheque on a credit card, why take the option away.

We need a paypal rant thread...

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby laracroft » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:07 am

Brent, that makes sense now- I have never been able to use e-check because I have a credit card and bank account linked up. Apart from that, I really don't mind paypal. I covered fees at my end (it did it automatically!) and it was only $2.75, so 1%, which I can totally live with. I paid from an existing balance though, if that makes any difference...

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:20 am

^It was only a recent change, I've had no problems with eCheques until now. I normally do an eCheque from by bank account, though I've never tried that cover the fees thing.

Turtle Maker

Postby eBen » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:37 am

downunder wrote:...they said if I still wanted to use an eCheque, I have to delete my credit card. I did that and did a test run and now the eCheque appears.

Excellent, just what I needed to know and very glad I didn't have to phone them again. Thanks
((53 + 112 + 17 + 24 + Scandi + Mid America + North East + China so far + other = >4??) - (powered = bah + humbug)) = Happy Fun Time

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:53 am

This Tuesday (November 3) we are going to be hosting another 2010 Trips Chat. You will be able to listen in *LIVE* as Robb & Elissa discuss next year's trips and be able to call in to ask your question! *LIVE*. This will be your last chance to ask questions and get information before deposits are due!

To enter TPR's Chat Room simply log into the TPR forums with your user name and password and click the "Chat Room" link at the top of the page. (Make sure you have already completed your password change that Robb emailed everyone about last week!)

To listen in to TPR's *LIVE* Trip Chat click the following link and press "play" on the radio:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/2010tripchat.htm

Remember, TPR Trip Chat *LIVE* is happening this TUESDAY at 6pm PST (west coast time) or 9pm EST (east coast time).

We hope to see you there and answer any questions you may have about next year's TPR trips!

As always if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Insert Custom Title Here

Postby freekeee » Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:02 pm

yay! i hope there are no problems like what happened last time although the first live chat was still fun!

i'm glad that the time will still be 2am for the UK because because of daylight savings, 3am would of been a little too late! (ok, so i sleep through lectures anyway but *shrugs*)

looking forward to it! ill have to think of a good question (its a shame i can't call... ^^)
A very annoying anime fan...

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:58 pm

The audio portion from tonight has been posted below and to the first post of this thread!

So did everyone like the TPR Live chat?

What did you like? What didn't you like? What would you like to see more of/less of in the future?

--Robb
tpr_LIVE_november_3_2009.zip
TPR's LIVE Chat - November 3rd, 2010 - Two Hours - Download this version to play on your iPod or iPhone.
(25.14 MiB) Downloaded 129 times

TPR's LIVE Chat - November 3rd, 2010 - Two Hours - Stream this version in your internet browser.

tpr_LIVE_november_3_2009.mp3 [ 27.49 MiB | Viewed 2567 times ]

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby wlmoorer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:38 pm

^Loved the live chat tonight...Really excited to get the private message boards up and running!...Tyler driving around Alabama trying to get people to honk at him...PRICELESS!

Robb and Elissa...entertaining as always!
-------------------------------
Life is a Rollercoaster

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby vuurvogel » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:31 am

I regret I could not make it to listen in. It was 3 o'clock in the morning here and I have to work today. So the first thing I did when waking up was to turn on my computer and started listening to the recorded chat. Great way to start my day. I had to laugh in about 2 minutes so you made my day.

P.S. I love the tpr cookbook idea

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!