TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Alton Towers Discussion Thread

p. 235: Nemesis Reborn announced for Spring 2024!

That looks pretty tall to be a family ride...

Just my opinion though.

Is there a height on it yet? (as in how tall is it?)

I don't think it's really a "kid oriented" family ride. "Intamin Family Coaster" probably is just the name of the coaster model. My guess is something between a kiddie and thrill coaster. Not too intense, not too slow.

it's the element inside the building that has yet to be built.

The entire piece of flat track drops and lines up with a new piece directly under. This then means the train will "back out" of the building and go backwards down a hill and onto the course.

I was just kidding about the black track. That element sounds really interesting. Will it be almost like Expedition Everest with the bi-directional travel? I wonder exactly how this Intamin innovation will work? No POV animation available yet I guess.

I went yesterday and got a good look at it.

The backwards element is there and it is a helex.

It looks like the indoor section includes an elevator which takes you to different levels of the building, i say this because there is a huge whole in the ground with no track in it and on another level track with no end so maybe that all links up.

sw6.jpg.12be3f37759ec981d8c11175fb3829df.jpg

Shows where the track lift would go

^ I think that's what being suggested. Sounds unlikely though as it would create a very long block and probably hinder capacity (especially with what appear to be smaller Intamin trains. Do the plans not show the track layout inside the building?

Dave

EDIT: Could i not just be maintenance?

• 2 weeks later...

Taken from TTF:

An e-mail was sent to those on the SW6 mailing list from PR agency "Frank PR". Although not giving details away regarding the ride's world's first element, it does announce the arrival of the ride's unique selling point/element on site yesterday. The release also contained pictures of the load arriving, covered in a large branded tarpaulin on a flatbed truck. A video has also been released on Facebook featuring footage of the truck arriving on site.

It then goes on to talk about the ongoing speculation on blogs and social networking sites such as Twitter regarding the theme for the ride along with rumours regarding the elements of the ride. According to the e-mail, the most popular theme was "that a crypt in a mysterious forest has been disturbed, awakening a ghost." whilst other rumours have included:

* A track that gives the illusion it is invisible

* SW6 will beat the record for the greatest vertical drop in the world

* A track that moves vertically as you ride

There is no mention whether any of the above rumours have any truth in them. Also discussed, is the steps the park have taken in ensuring the ride remains "top secret". This apparently includes increased security staff, a banning of any cameras and mobiles phones, requiring staff to sign non-disclosure agreements and also approaching Google Earth to black out aerial views of the building site.

A quote from Sales and Marketing Director Morwenna Angrove also says:

“In the build-up to previous rides, significant details were leaked and this time we are taking no chances. Our new attraction is totally unique and scarier than ever – it’s unlike anything the world has seen before. Fans do not have to wait too long to enjoy the ride, as they will be given the chance to ride SW6 early in 2010. I would suggest those who dare prepare themselves; they will be in for ride they will never forget…”