TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Required Password Change & FREE STUFF!!!

Hey everyone!

Due to a hacking attempt that happened today, we are going to ask everyone who has a TPR Forum account to change their password.

But don't worry, as a THANK YOU for doing this, we have some FREE STUFF for you too!

To change your password, go to the forum login screen:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/login.php

And click the "I Forgot My Password" link. Follow the steps to go through the password changing process.

(Yes, we know it's kind of annoying, but it will be worth it!)

Once you have changed your password, login to TPR's Forums and then click this link:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28

(You need to be logged into TPR's forum for this link to work)

Here you will find two threads!

The first is a FREE VIDEO DOWNLOAD that contains TPR's "Coaster Expedition Volume 2" for FREE!!! Download this .mp4 file and watch it on your iPhone, iPod or on your computer! (Heck, if you want to, you can even burn a DVD of it!)

Second, you will get a SNEAK PEEK of TPR's 2010 Trip Flyers! Lots of information about next year's trips!

Click on the thread and download the flyers!

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience, but as an additional security measure we feel it's necessary to have everyone change their password.

Thank you for your understanding! If you have any questions or problems, please email me!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robb, I got an email in my GMail from some 'hacker' type character. I would send you the info but it disappears when I mark it as spam. I have never gotten an email like this in the past, do you think it might have something to do with the hack?

Thanks.

Chris.

Thanks Robb,

It must suck to deal with these hackers every now and then. Anyways, I'm glad everything is fixed up!

Also, thanks for the free stuff!

-Matt K.

EDIT - When I left the page, I wandered into a file error. Is that just something that happens every know and then, or is it something else? I just wanted to let you know, because if its a serious error. You guys can fix it and prevent harm from all of the TPR users.

Robb, I got an email in my GMail from some 'hacker' type character. I would send you the info but it disappears when I mark it as spam. I have never gotten an email like this in the past, do you think it might have something to do with the hack?

Thanks.

Chris.

Yes, it did. Most, if not all of us got one.

I'm glad that the message I got when I tried to log in wasn't bogus, I was really concerned the hacker was fishing for passwords

They were.

Database with user information is done!

Will be published soon

Username, Password, Email and some other personal information

I figured something was going on, I went on at around 2 AM, and the site had some weird coding instead of the forums.

Also, can anyone help me with changing my password back, I'm looking through my profile stuff, I just can't seem to find out how to do it. It's probably right in front of my face and I just don't see it.

---EDIT---

I know I'm not supposed to put links and all, but if you go to the website that they link you too in the emails they spammed.

They have a topic where they are showing off about how they hacked this website.

I'm not going to post the link, but if one of you mods or admins wants it, PM me, I'd be more than happy to message you.

^ If you go through the forgot password steps, the email that gets sent to you has a direct link to the change password page.

Also it is not a good idea to go to websites linked from emails you have no clue who they are. I would not go back to that site if I were you.

This started yesterday around 2PM EST, I went here to see the forum name changed to "Hacked by..."

Thank you Robb for dealing with this and getting it back online. And more thanks for the free video!

Thanks for the DVD just for helping us users stay safer.

The odd thing yesterday before the site went down all the way was when I tried to post a message. I would post, but after it was posted, it tried to send me to their site. Very odd it allowed me to post normally then tried to link me.

I think this was a good reminder to everyone to be more careful and to be better about the security of your passwords. I know that it reminded me to change the passwords for my email and facebook accounts, even though they're not related to this incident I felt like it couldn't hurt.

Oh sh*t, these script kiddies are hardcore, they can get through the iron-gate security system that is an average internet forum. They must be the coolest kids in all of sixth grade.

Thanks for being so prompt about fixing the problem and having us all change our pw's, Robb.

Also, is the site slow for anyone else? Possibly a related issue, I dunno.

^ Yes, we are. As Wes said there is NO NEED to post that link. I also would not reccomend visiting that site. It's a hackers site with loads of popups and you have no idea what they could be phishing for.

Fortunately, very little damage was done and no data was lost.

We were able to take down the site and block the hackers before any real damage was done.

We are prepared for this sort of thing.

If you have any questions about this or if you're having problems logging in or getting a new password, email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com

Thank you for your patience!

--Robb

^ Again, we are FULLY AWARE OF THIS!!!

There is no need to post to let us know "the site is down", "the site is running slow."

We are monitoring this and taking care of it.

Everytime I have to answer an IM, email, text, FB message, etc from someone that tells me "Hey, did you know TPR is down?" it takes that much LONGER for the site to come back up!!!

So please, when the site is down, I kindly ask that you leave us all alone until the site comes back up.

Trust that we are working hard to fix the problem. As much as we do appreciate everyone's concern, having hundreds of messages telling us the site is down just doesn't help. (And trust me, I received HUNDREDS of messages yesterday!!!)

Thanks for your understanding.

--Robb