Required Password Change & FREE STUFF!!!

FREE TPR DVD & TRIP FLYER SNEAK PEEK!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Site Admin

Required Password Change & FREE STUFF!!!

Postby robbalvey » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:12 pm

Hey everyone!

Due to a hacking attempt that happened today, we are going to ask everyone who has a TPR Forum account to change their password.

But don't worry, as a THANK YOU for doing this, we have some FREE STUFF for you too! =)

To change your password, go to the forum login screen:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/login.php

And click the "I Forgot My Password" link. Follow the steps to go through the password changing process.
(Yes, we know it's kind of annoying, but it will be worth it!)

Once you have changed your password, login to TPR's Forums and then click this link:
http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=28
(You need to be logged into TPR's forum for this link to work)

Here you will find two threads!

The first is a FREE VIDEO DOWNLOAD that contains TPR's "Coaster Expedition Volume 2" for FREE!!! Download this .mp4 file and watch it on your iPhone, iPod or on your computer! (Heck, if you want to, you can even burn a DVD of it!)

Second, you will get a SNEAK PEEK of TPR's 2010 Trip Flyers! Lots of information about next year's trips!
Click on the thread and download the flyers!

Again, we apologize for this inconvenience, but as an additional security measure we feel it's necessary to have everyone change their password.

Thank you for your understanding! If you have any questions or problems, please email me!

--Robb Alvey
www.themeparkreview.com

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby WFChris » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:57 am

Robb, I got an email in my GMail from some 'hacker' type character. I would send you the info but it disappears when I mark it as spam. I have never gotten an email like this in the past, do you think it might have something to do with the hack?

Thanks.

Chris.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:07 am

I'm sorry this happened Robb, you are busy enough without having to deal with this.

I received an email at work saying I'd been hacked, seems like it been going around today.

Bubbles!

Postby ParkTrips » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:29 am

Only Robb would turn something like this into a promotion :lolr:

I'm glad that the message I got when I tried to log in wasn't bogus, I was really concerned the hacker was fishing for passwords

Creator of terrible wallpaper.

Postby Thelegendarymatthew » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:28 am

Thanks Robb,

It must suck to deal with these hackers every now and then. Anyways, I'm glad everything is fixed up!

Also, thanks for the free stuff!

-Matt K.

EDIT - When I left the page, I wandered into a file error. Is that just something that happens every know and then, or is it something else? I just wanted to let you know, because if its a serious error. You guys can fix it and prevent harm from all of the TPR users.
In all honesty, I hate this username.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby coaster_pimp » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:56 am

WFChris wrote:Robb, I got an email in my GMail from some 'hacker' type character. I would send you the info but it disappears when I mark it as spam. I have never gotten an email like this in the past, do you think it might have something to do with the hack?

Thanks.

Chris.

Yes, it did. Most, if not all of us got one.

ParkTrips wrote:I'm glad that the message I got when I tried to log in wasn't bogus, I was really concerned the hacker was fishing for passwords

They were.

Database with user information is done!
Will be published soon

Username, Password, Email and some other personal information

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Vintage » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:28 am

I figured something was going on, I went on at around 2 AM, and the site had some weird coding instead of the forums.

Also, can anyone help me with changing my password back, I'm looking through my profile stuff, I just can't seem to find out how to do it. It's probably right in front of my face and I just don't see it. :Pr

---EDIT---

I know I'm not supposed to put links and all, but if you go to the website that they link you too in the emails they spammed.

They have a topic where they are showing off about how they hacked this website.

I'm not going to post the link, but if one of you mods or admins wants it, PM me, I'd be more than happy to message you.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Homeboy23 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:48 am

^ If you go through the forgot password steps, the email that gets sent to you has a direct link to the change password page.

Also it is not a good idea to go to websites linked from emails you have no clue who they are. I would not go back to that site if I were you.

This started yesterday around 2PM EST, I went here to see the forum name changed to "Hacked by..."

Thank you Robb for dealing with this and getting it back online. And more thanks for the free video!

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manny In England » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:05 am

Glad everything's sorted now, is there any chance they could do the same thing again though?
Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

"Deal with it f**filled with medicine and goo." - Robb addressing a technical complaint.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:16 am

All squared away now, Robb--thanks.

Next

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!