TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Georgia (SFOG) Discussion Thread

What is "lickskillet"?

Is the low back area in the park, contains: Thunder River, Splash waterfalls, one end of the Sky buckets, Wheelie, Thomas area, Go- karts, Ben and Jerrys, the wild west show, a papa johns, other stuff, and the miners food place.

On the other hand Batmans queue will smell like a water treatment place.

So they open the park, but the question remains where you park. If the lickskillet section is underwater still (is it?) then that would entail the parking lot is still underwater too right? I think Lickskillet in all its entirety will be closed, but I just cannot imagine that Batman (thinking about low section past ZGR) and Mindbender will be open either.

If they're anything like SFoT they'll just push the water into a nearby creek or something, still doesn't remove the stench though. Only time will do that. From what I can see, I bet the water fried some electronics on some of the rides, circuit boards and stuff, kinda a big deal and they'll probably be replaced easily.

Darn it, it looks like Ninja is holding its own.

I don't think Superman was mentioned, but you have to go through Lickskillet to get to Superman don't you? Or can you cut across Carousel Hill? I think there's a shortcut, isn't there?

How does the Gotham City side look? In those earlier pictures Mindbender was pretty bad. And the back parking lot was flooded.

So they open the park, but the question remains where you park.

even if you can't use the main lot, the gold lot doesn't flood

but I just cannot imagine that Batman (thinking about low section past ZGR) and Mindbender will be open either.

In the past, these rides have opened up again just fine. Its the Wheelie, Sky Buckets and Scream Machine and other stuff down there which are usually affected the most. None of the electronics of either ride appear to have been submerged, and only some of the mindbender's track were under water (the parts of the track that go below the parking lot level)

I don't think Superman was mentioned, but you have to go through Lickskillet to get to Superman don't you? Or can you cut across Carousel Hill? I think there's a shortcut, isn't there?

Yea, you can cut across the carousel hill to get to Superman. I do that all the time.

SFOG will open this thursday. Good job with the clean up by the staff. Report from the AJC:

Six Flags over Georgia really is going to open.

Park employees have been working "around the clock" to make sure anyone who wants to head out to the theme park can. This weekend is the last one before "Fright Fest," which is planned for every weekend in October.

The park is in Austell, one of the areas hit hardest by the heavy rain. Cobb County schools were closed earlier this week, as were parts of I-20.

Arial photos shot earlier this week showed the Scream Machine submerged in floodwaters. Despite an official stance that the park would open, the photos, picked up by TV and other news media, left many people wondering.

Now, there is no standing water in the park, and the majority of the rides and attractions will be open, spokeswoman Kendell Kelton said Friday morning.

"Everyone made ‘water park' jokes, but we're going to prove we're not a water park, we're a theme park," she said.

Kelton said the park's rides were structurally built to handle severe weather.

Because most of the park will be ready for visitors, no discount tickets will be offered. It is Military Appreciation weekend, however, which offers free or reduced admission to armed forces visitors and their guests.

I'm not surprised. Happy they park is opening? Of course! But the park is built for this, it seems to happen at least once a year (sometimes twice) so I had no doubt they would get everything back up and running again.

Like someone already said "Pressure washers work miracles!"

--Robb

Did anyone here visit the park yesterday or today? I'm going next Sunday, and I'm curious as to how well they got the park cleaned up/repaired.

All of the coasters were open today. Rides down were the Sky Buckets, Thunder River, Wheelie, Thomas the Tank Engine and Splashwater Falls.

I was there on sat, and all the coasters were open except for mindbender. I was shocked to see gasm open after what it looked like a few days ago.

The lickskillet section of the park was closed as well, but I noticed a crew of people power washing the area.

Sat was a great day to visit. There may have been a few hundred people in the park all day. Everything was a walk on, and we got ert on several coasters thru-out the day.

I noticed that they had a staging like area in the parking lot, where they were washing off park equipment and vending machines.

Some areas of the park stunk a little bit, but not too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to say thank you to everyone who has wished us well. While I don't represent the park, I do work there, and it helps a lot that people were and are concerned about us and the park's well being. Knowing that people care really helps. Thank you.

Squid